Matt Lewis Attends Launch of Harry Potter: The Exhibition in Sydney

Lewis
Posted by: Mel
July 19, 2011, 04:15 PM

Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom) took some time away from promoting "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" to attend the launch of Harry Potter: The Exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney, Australia:

At the end of a short video presentation about the exhibition a screen dropped and Matthew appeared with the blue Ford Anglia (from Chamber of Secrets) behind a cloud of smoke. Wearing a Rabbitohs jersey, the actor, famous for his portrayal of Neville Longbottom, explained to fans what they can expect from the exhibition: “I brought my own wand, some of Neville’s costumes. We’ve got the mandrakes and you can pull the mandrakes out of the pot like Neville — hopefully you won’t faint like Neville.” He also said that he prefers seeing the props that weren’t connected to his character “because I can go and see that stuff as a fan.”

You can read the rest of the article here. Harry Potter: The Exhibition is currently hosted by Discovery Times Square in New York City. The Exhibition will open at the Powerhouse Museum November 19th. You can purchase your tickets here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Lewis News

Raven_avatar_thumb

You Aussies are gonna LOVE IT!!!

Posted by Won_Two on July 19, 2011, 07:33 PM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Yay, Matt Lewis was in Aus! Now if only he would come to Adelaide…..can’t wait to see the exhibition!

Posted by butterbeer bottle on July 19, 2011, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

I would very much like to visit this one day.

Posted by HogwartsForever on July 19, 2011, 09:34 PM report to moderator

Oooo, going to make my way up there someday to see it :)

Posted by Filmgirl152 on July 19, 2011, 09:50 PM report to moderator
T_129495617081304220_thumb

ya neville and matt both rock!

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{HISS} on July 19, 2011, 10:02 PM report to moderator
T_129495617081304220_thumb

hope i get to go there some time

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{HISS} on July 19, 2011, 10:03 PM report to moderator

That’s brilliant! I really would love to go to an exhibition and with Matthew Lewis there, much better! x)

Posted by . on July 20, 2011, 12:39 AM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

Saw the exhibition in New York and now I’ll get to see it again in Sydney! By the way the Rabbitohs are an Australian football team. :)

Posted by Ravenclawed on July 20, 2011, 03:40 AM report to moderator
Andrew_s_pics-_ligniers__france_005_thumb

Come November, I’m there. Come back Neville!!!

Posted by cherriekin on July 20, 2011, 03:57 AM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

Oh Sweet Lewis was there. Wish I was there.

Posted by HarryLover on July 20, 2011, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

Nice! Lucky Aussies!!! I’ve never had one HP Exhibition near to visit… :(

Posted by Halfblood Princess on July 20, 2011, 12:07 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Oh Sweet Lewis was there. Wish I was there.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 21, 2011, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

It needs to come to Scotland!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on July 22, 2011, 07:31 AM report to moderator

I just saw it in New York last week! It was fantastic!

Posted by Deb25 on July 23, 2011, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

I saw the exhibition in NYC this year!!!
lucky me

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on July 26, 2011, 02:37 AM report to moderator

"You don't understand!" whined Pettigrew. "He would have killed me, Sirius!"[br]"THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED!" roared Black. "DIED RATHER THAN BETRAY YOUR FRIENDS, AS WE WOULD HAVE DONE FOR YOU!"