"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Reaches $900M in Global Box Office

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 28, 2011, 06:48 PM

Reuters is reporting that "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" has reached $900 million in the worldwide box office only 15 days after its initial release. This makes it the fastest movie to ever reach this milestone, breaking the previous 18-day record held by James Cameron's "Avatar."

In the U.S., "Part 2" has brought in over $291 million and another $615 million in the foreign box office.

According to analysts, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" is on track to become the first Harry Potter film to reach the $1 billion mark. Currently, "Sorcerer's Stone" holds the top spot as the biggest Harry Potter film with a total of $974.8 million.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Buckbeak_thumb

Yeah because we’ve all seen it at least three times already!

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 28, 2011, 07:19 PM report to moderator

Saw it in 2D and 3D and going for my third time Saturday to see it in Imax 3D.

Posted by mlc on July 28, 2011, 07:24 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I think the BILLION is in the bag! It just opened in China over the weekend. GOOOOO DH2!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on July 28, 2011, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

Alright!!! woo hoo! I’ve seen it twice going for a third this coming week.Saw in 3-D then 2D.Let’s keep it up gang.Keep going!!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on July 28, 2011, 07:33 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-septet-jpg_thumb

woot woot Suck on that Twilight! Lol Gonna try to score a 3rd time! :D

Posted by HP4Life on July 28, 2011, 07:55 PM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

Can’t think of a more deserving film this summer that deserves such a milestone.

Posted by HogwartsForever on July 28, 2011, 08:28 PM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

@reven
lol totally:)

Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

wow!
amazing

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on July 28, 2011, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Wahoo baby!!! I’m seeing it again on Sunday, doing my part to push Harry that little bit father. And seeing how much we all keep going to it again and again, that wouldnt be hard. XD

Posted by LunaLuver on July 28, 2011, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I’m seeing it again tomorrow… Right after ‘Cowboys & Aliens’…

Posted by Won_Two on July 28, 2011, 09:26 PM report to moderator
Img_0849_thumb

I’ve seen it twice in 2D but I really want to see it in 3D. I am reading all the books before I view it again. Right now I am just beginning the HP and t HBP. I’ve read all of them more than once except the HPOofP. I’ve only managed to read it two and 1/2 times now.

Posted by Katnordy5ROAR on July 28, 2011, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Hermione_granger_thumb

YES! :D
I wonder if it will beat Avatar :D That would be GREAT!

Posted by HannahLynn on July 28, 2011, 10:26 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

it actually beat avatar’s record by three days, i think that’s pretty impressive. analysts are saying DH2 will most likely challenge return of the king’s record of 1.12 billion as the third biggest movie of all time. third would be HUGE. and for all those haters who say “what about inflated ticket prices? and imax?” i always tell them- the amount it grosses is a reflection of the money people were willing to pay for it, which is sort of the real testament in terms of box office. i calculated the other day how much i’d spent on movie tickets to see all these films and it was ridiculous but ultimately awesome to look at the overall franchise gross and go, that’s the difference i made in that amount. kind of crazy.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on July 28, 2011, 10:56 PM report to moderator
227499_154309451302201_154247084641771_336837_6571143_n_thumb

I would love to see it beat SOO many records that are undeserving! Let’s keep going to see it! I’ve seen it on opening night in 2D, then a few days later in IMAX 3D (which was AWESOME) and will go see it again in 2D soon! Honestly, it’s become one of the most enjoyable movies I have ever seen…OUTSIDE of Harry Potter, it’s just an awesome movie!!

Posted by Reirra on July 28, 2011, 11:36 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

I’ve seen it twice… first time i ever done that.

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on July 28, 2011, 11:53 PM report to moderator

"Harry Potter is valiant and bold! He has braved so many dangers already! But Dobby has come to protect Harry Potter, to warn him, even if he [i]does[/i] have to shut his ears in the oven door later.... [i]Harry Potter must not go back to Hogwarts.[/i]"