"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Reaches $900M in Global Box Office

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 28, 2011, 06:48 PM

Reuters is reporting that "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" has reached $900 million in the worldwide box office only 15 days after its initial release. This makes it the fastest movie to ever reach this milestone, breaking the previous 18-day record held by James Cameron's "Avatar."

In the U.S., "Part 2" has brought in over $291 million and another $615 million in the foreign box office.

According to analysts, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" is on track to become the first Harry Potter film to reach the $1 billion mark. Currently, "Sorcerer's Stone" holds the top spot as the biggest Harry Potter film with a total of $974.8 million.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Image305_-___________thumb

I saw it 2 times in 3D and 1 time in 2D :P

Posted by ElenakiMagic on July 30, 2011, 06:06 AM report to moderator

Find here that I am not the only one that go to see it again and again.

Posted by tracyyo on July 30, 2011, 06:48 AM report to moderator
Leelaharryginnyweb2_thumb

HA! Take THAT, Avatar! I was never really a huge Avatar fan anyway… (;

Posted by rαdιαnce° [WBM!] on July 30, 2011, 04:00 PM report to moderator

I’ve seen the film only twice, but I have an average of seeing each Potter film at least 7 times..I’ve got a ways to go and they have more money to make off me. :)

Posted by Erin Lovegood on July 30, 2011, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Woo! I’m contributing ;)

Ronhermione_thumb

Woo! I’m contributing ;)

gna c it again on monday….gotta c this movie beat avatar…….come on guys do your part

Posted by TeamWeaslyTwins on July 30, 2011, 07:32 PM report to moderator

i really wanna see it again. And no other recent movie really deserves 1billion $

Posted by joe11093 on July 31, 2011, 11:22 AM report to moderator

can’t get enough of it, if only the last three films were as good as this, have seen it twice already and think I might go again this week!!!

Posted by potty d on July 31, 2011, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Yay! I love it!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 31, 2011, 04:04 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Have you had any thoughts about what you would like to do after you leave Hogwarts?"[br]"Er," said Harry...[br]"Yes?" Professor McGonagall prompted Harry.[br]"Well, I thought of, maybe, being an Auror," Harry mumbled.