Pottermore Insider Updated: Beta Access Continues, Staggered Entrance

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 18, 2011, 02:57 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has been updated to mark the progress of the first few days of beta access to the Harry Potter online reading experience.  The blog post reads, in part:

At the start of this week, we sent out Welcome emails to a small number of Beta users. These people have been busy exploring the site, leaving comments to tell us when they like something, and making suggestions when they find something they would like us to improve. In just four days we’ve learned an awful lot and, as a result, have started making changes to improve the Pottermore experience.
We know that a lot of people are eager to receive their Welcome emails and that it’s difficult to wait but, as we mentioned in our earlier blog post, we’re staggering entry to Pottermore and to start with we’re only letting a small number of people onto the site.

Leaky has access to Pottermore and is updating this post with our live observations throughout the day.  A full review will be posted shortly.

If you have access to this beta version of Pottermore, please do share your thoughts in the comments below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Raven_avatar_thumb

@Nickan8r71… I did not say that the candidate is not asked which house they would prefer… I stated: >> “so far everyone I know who has been sorted has been placed in a house they would not have personally chosen.’ ’Like the ‘real’ sorting hat in the books, one’s personal preference SHOULD have weight in the sorting process!”<<
Apparently, far more ‘weight’ is placed on the answers to the questions, than is given to the candidate’s personal preference.
If that was how Harry was sorted, he would have been a Slytherin!
In answer to your question, I got my information from a half dozen longtime Leaky members who are somewhat miffed that they have been sorted into a house they do not identify with…

Posted by Won_Two on August 18, 2011, 05:04 PM report to moderator

I got my email today finally :)

I got sorted into Ravenclaw! I’m excited

Posted by graziboi on August 18, 2011, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Ginny_weasley_thumb

thanks for the update but waiting is HORRIBLE!!

Posted by ginnyw7 on August 18, 2011, 05:36 PM report to moderator

Well this is beta testing right now so if you don’t like what house you are sorted into give the pottermore staff some FEEDBACK. Beta websites are not perfect at first.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 18, 2011, 06:02 PM report to moderator

That is our job.To help them perfect.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 18, 2011, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Miranova_thumb

I was sorted into Gryffindor – a pleasant surprise as I was not expecting it. I was not given a choice but I got in on the first day, they may have made some changes.

Posted by Mira on August 18, 2011, 06:07 PM report to moderator

Who comes here and complains without giving pottermore feedback honestly. Here is a serious question. What is the purpose of a beta tester? If you don’t want to be a beta tester wait till October to enter the bloody site.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 18, 2011, 06:23 PM report to moderator

Leaky cauldron is not a site to vent your frustration.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 18, 2011, 06:23 PM report to moderator
Severus_snape_thumb

I absolutely can’t wait to get into Pottermore!! My best friend is one of the beta users & I’m so jealous. This is when a time turner would come in useful…

Posted by Firewhisky_Addict on August 18, 2011, 06:28 PM report to moderator
Imagescaf0zk2w_thumb

still didint get my email :(

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{ROAR} on August 18, 2011, 06:29 PM report to moderator
Th_abaharrypotter_thumb

You could alway look at PottermoreCentral for more updates and other pictures of the beta site…plus you have a real friendly community all about the game. Tell them Rhemas sent you. pottermorecentral dot com
Rhemas

Posted by Rhemas on August 18, 2011, 06:35 PM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

It’s only when I read stuff like this that I get a bit impatient about not getting an email yet. :(

Posted by HogwartsForever on August 18, 2011, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Congrats to those who have seen it.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 18, 2011, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Congrats to those who have seen it.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 18, 2011, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

I got my Welcome Owl at noon (Central U.S. time), but I just now saw it because I’ve been busy packing for school and babysitting. (I found the magic quill on Day 1, in case anyone is still counting).

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on August 18, 2011, 07:29 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

...George confided to Harry that he and Fred were now working on developing something else. Harry made a mental note never to accept so much as a crisp from Fred and George in the future. He still hadn't forgotten Dudley and the Ton-Tongue Toffee.