Latest Batch of Pottermore Early Access E-mails Sent Out

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 25, 2011, 10:54 AM

The Pottemore Insider has been updated to say that a new batch of Welcome e-mails for Pottermore beta access were sent out today, August 25th, from 2:45pm BST (9:45am EST).

Welcome e-mails were also sent out yesterday to a lucky few.

You can read Leaky's first thoughts on Pottermore at this link. If you already have access to the beta version of Pottermore, let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

@BeachPhoenix: Day 1 — woke up with a start (hadn’t meant to fall asleep, eh) and saw the challenge had been posted. I hurried through the process for fear it would be over before I’d finished :p

@S Palms [(^HISS^!)] : Don’t worry, I think they meant “last” as in “latest”, not “ultimate” ;-)

@Halfblood Princess: Ain’t gonna hold it against you — I’ve probably cursed each and every person I saw had had their early access LOL

The only drawback is I’m not currently home so I’m waiting to be back and on my own computer to fully enjoy the site!

Posted by ShadowCharm81 on August 25, 2011, 02:19 PM report to moderator

Where is everyone getting that the “last batch” has gone out??? All i’m reading is that the “latest” (aka most recent) batch has gone out?

Someone please fill me in!!! now i’m nervous :(

Posted by Jordynn on August 25, 2011, 02:23 PM report to moderator

@Jordynn: I don’t think there’s any cause for worry. They promised one million people would get in before October, they’re not about to stop sending invites so early and risk a mutiny :-p

Posted by ShadowCharm81 on August 25, 2011, 02:25 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_promotional_part1posters_02_thumb

Nowhere does it say it’s the last batch.

Anyway, for those wondering how many students there are in Pottermore, so far there are 39,484 and increasing by the second.

Posted by Cynkro on August 25, 2011, 02:31 PM report to moderator

no email yet :( did anyone who found the quill on day 3 get in yet?

Posted by obsessivehpfan on August 25, 2011, 02:32 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

Day 6 I was and no email yet.Waiting patiently nervously though.

Posted by Dlcohm7 on August 25, 2011, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Moonlit_fox_pic_2_thumb

My inbox is still devoid of any welcome emails. :(

Posted by MoonlitFox on August 25, 2011, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

ShadowCharm81: I am not worried about the reference to the “last batch”, just confused, as I can’t find where it comes from. Everything I look at (now) says latest.

Jordynn: Arguably they are obliged to let all successfully registered early access people in by 30th September because it was in the terms and conditions we agreed to.

Posted by roonwit on August 25, 2011, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Not me…

I was among the batch who got their welcome mail on Wednesday. <3

Posted by honigmuffin on August 25, 2011, 02:56 PM report to moderator

Oh, but taking the different time zones into account, it took six and half hours for the mail to arrive. Maybe that gives some of you hope if there’s no mail immediately after they tweeted the next batch.

Posted by honigmuffin on August 25, 2011, 03:00 PM report to moderator

(And one last piece of information: I’m located in Austria, which isn’t that far from the UK – only one time zone. So it looks like the delivery times are really random.)

Posted by honigmuffin on August 25, 2011, 03:04 PM report to moderator

day 2 and still no email :( it’s not gonna be much of an early access if we get in in september! wah :(

Posted by deathlyhallowslover on August 25, 2011, 03:04 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I got mine today, and have tried to have a look around. I deliberately didn’t look at the earlier information about it, so I don’t think I’d fully understood that it was going to be like a computer game, which I’m no good at. So I’ve had a look at a few things, but am nowhere near getting Sorted. I assume that this must happen in the appropriate chapter of the book, after you’ve collected all the items you need first? It’s beautifully done, but I feel upset and frustrated because it’s not the sort of thing I can do.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on August 25, 2011, 03:06 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

My email will hopefully be in today! I want on now Pottermore!!!! :D

Posted by LunaLuver on August 25, 2011, 03:09 PM report to moderator

Hermione took a jam tart. Then she said, "Did you get all this from the kitchens, Fred?"[br]"Yep," said Fred, grinning at her. He put on a high-pitched squeak and imitated a house-elf. "'Anything we can get you, sir, anything at all!' They're dead helpful