Pottermore Insider Answers Questions on Duelling, Potions, and Beta Feedback

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 02, 2011, 05:52 PM

As mentioned last week, the Pottermore Insider blog has now been updated to answer frequently asked questions that Pottermore beta users have been asking. Concerns dealing with the potions brewing, wizards duelling, and moderation for common room comments are all addressed.

Additionally, the Insider reveals that a Pottermore beta survey will be sent out in a few weeks to those who have already gained entry into the site and will allow fans to provide more specific feedback.

'...It'd be nice to know IF Wizard Dueling will be available to beta testers again. I don't care when, just a yes or not.' [sic]   - cwbrumm
Yes! We know that you like Wizard’s Duel - a lot. This section of the site has proven to be immensely popular and we’ve been making a number of improvements behind the scenes to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible. We just need to finish making and testing our changes.
Continue reading at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Rofr10_thumb

This batch looks to be made up of day 2 people and day 3 people. According to a rough sample it is reasonably even between the two though probably with more day 2 people than day 3.

Posted by roonwit on September 06, 2011, 02:42 PM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

If day 3 people are starting to enter it wont be long for us from day 4

Posted by mencia on September 06, 2011, 03:09 PM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

If day 3 people are starting to enter it wont be long for us from day 4

Posted by mencia on September 06, 2011, 03:09 PM report to moderator

That would make sense. If they let in the same number of people each quill day (about 140k = 1 million / 7 days), and we’re at about 200k people sorted, that would mean all of day 1 and most of day 2 people have probably gotten their emails… So, theoretically, one more big batch should finish off day 2 people. … sorry, i resort to math when i’m desperate, lol.

Posted by Rosalinda Rosmerta on September 06, 2011, 03:11 PM report to moderator

I was early day 4, so I think i have at least a week, but I still try and sign in everyday lol.

Posted by Liddle on September 06, 2011, 03:30 PM report to moderator

lol Rosalinda – we all have our own ways to cope :) My way is watching the number climb higher (which caused a problem for me when it was dropping instead of rising!)

Do we know for sure if they let in equal amounts each day of the quill? The only reason I’m asking is on one poll I found, many more people answered that they got the quill on days 1 and 2 than on later days. Or is it simply that people who weren’t as determined to get in on the first days aren’t as likely to bother posting anything else about it later? As in, not as hardcore? I wasn’t initially planning on trying for early entry for various reasons, but I did luck into it on day 6, thanks to someone I follow on Twitter mentioning it still being open.

There I go, overthinking everything again ;)

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 06, 2011, 03:34 PM report to moderator

I tried looking online for anything that might say how many registrants there were each quill day, but came up empty. I’m was thinking along the lines of your second theory: that earlier day people were the more hardcore that were likely to remain involved in other ways (surveys, tweeting, keeping in the loop here on leaky).

Posted by Rosalinda Rosmerta on September 06, 2011, 03:42 PM report to moderator

This is the site I was looking at: http://pottermorepolls.webs.com/ The polls are along the right-hand side of the page.
This should be a direct link: http://polldaddy.com/poll/5432306/?view=results

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 06, 2011, 03:49 PM report to moderator

Just saw 202,082 posted on Twitter.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 06, 2011, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

Well, definitely day 5’s were NOT in today’s batch… :)
I was day 5 and didn’t (so far) received my welcome email.

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 06, 2011, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

New count: 203.471.

Posted by cb160 on September 06, 2011, 05:28 PM report to moderator

210,067 at 8:23 CST.

Posted by GNewt23 on September 06, 2011, 09:52 PM report to moderator

218, 070 now. 12:30 BST

Posted by songbird on September 07, 2011, 07:59 AM report to moderator

220,583 at 4:30 BST

Posted by songbird on September 07, 2011, 12:00 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

222.717 students now.

Posted by cb160 on September 07, 2011, 03:26 PM report to moderator

"Are you threatening me, sir?" he said, so loudly that passersby actually turned to stare.[br]"Yes, I am," said Mad-Eye, who seemed rather pleased that Uncle Vernon had grasped this fact so quickly.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014