Pottermore Insider Answers Questions on Duelling, Potions, and Beta Feedback

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 02, 2011, 05:52 PM

As mentioned last week, the Pottermore Insider blog has now been updated to answer frequently asked questions that Pottermore beta users have been asking. Concerns dealing with the potions brewing, wizards duelling, and moderation for common room comments are all addressed.

Additionally, the Insider reveals that a Pottermore beta survey will be sent out in a few weeks to those who have already gained entry into the site and will allow fans to provide more specific feedback.

'...It'd be nice to know IF Wizard Dueling will be available to beta testers again. I don't care when, just a yes or not.' [sic]   - cwbrumm
Yes! We know that you like Wizard’s Duel - a lot. This section of the site has proven to be immensely popular and we’ve been making a number of improvements behind the scenes to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible. We just need to finish making and testing our changes.
Continue reading at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

@ S Palms Thank you so much for that post! And I don’t think I got one of the welcome emails :(
People love to quote AVPM?! Thats awesome! I love that musical :D

Posted by Liddle on September 05, 2011, 02:48 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@S Palms: Thanks for the update!! Great to hear that the cheating problem has been fixed :) And that’s double good news for you Slytherins – no one can accuse you of cheating now. Funny how that happened in the books too….

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 05, 2011, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

S Palms: I think you always got a point for an incomplete or slightly flawed potion, but lose 5 if you do things in the wrong order.

Posted by roonwit on September 05, 2011, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

Site is back up.

@roonwit Really? I read the recent activity a lot and never have I seen any student from any house losing points.

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on September 05, 2011, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

Oh, wait. Someone from my house said they lost points by melting their cauldron…

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on September 05, 2011, 03:43 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Does anyone know which day are from those receiving letters today?

Posted by cb160 on September 05, 2011, 03:49 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

@cb160 I’m pretty sure it’s going in order, besides a couple of glitches here and there.

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on September 05, 2011, 03:50 PM report to moderator

My friend got in late on day 2 and just got her email this morning! Still no one I know that got in on Day 3 (including myself) have got their letters. Has the count changed at all?

Posted by magicneverends85 on September 05, 2011, 03:50 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

cb160: It still seems to be day 2 people.

Posted by roonwit on September 05, 2011, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ S Palms Oh, I wasn’t thinking about that, just wanting to find out how soon will Day 3 start – I’m a Day 4.

Posted by cb160 on September 05, 2011, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@roonwit – sounds like it is still possible to cheat then :(

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 05, 2011, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ roonwit Still the number of ppl inside astonishes me.

Posted by cb160 on September 05, 2011, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I wish PM gives us in the updates also the number of emails sent!

Posted by cb160 on September 05, 2011, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@cb160 – me too! i think it would be helpful to those of us still not in.

anyone have an update on numbers???

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 05, 2011, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ purplehogwarts No tweets about that recently.

Posted by cb160 on September 05, 2011, 04:40 PM report to moderator

The world turned upside down. Harry was hanging from the ground, with his hair on end, his glasses dangling off his nose, threatening to fall into the bottomless sky. He clutched them to the end of his nose and hung there, terrified. It felt as though his

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014