"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" DVD/Blu-Ray Release Dates for UK and US Announced

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 20, 2011, 08:52 AM

Warner Home Video via TheHDRoom and Harry Potter UK Facebook have announced the release dates for the final Harry Potter film on DVD and Blu-ray.

Fans in the U.S. will be able to purchase "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" beginning Friday, November 11. Note that this is the same weekend as the Universal Orlando Harry Potter celebration at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. On November 11, Warner Bros. will also release "Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection" on Blu-ray ($139.99) and DVD ($98.92).

Friday, December 2 will be when fans in the U.K. can get a hold of the eighth Harry Potter film. Pre-orders are now being taken at Amazon.co.uk and Play.com. A complete 8 film collection will also be released, as well as 3D Blu-ray.

A look at the bonus features on the Blu-ray include:

Maximum Movie Mode hosted by Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) and other cast members (80 minutes) - As the epic showdown between Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort approaches, don't miss a single detail as the forces of good and evil clash one final time throughout the grounds of Hogwarts.

A Conversation with JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe - Join J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe for an exclusive conversation about bringing the character of Harry Potter to life, the last decade of films and how their lives have changed by the fame that they've both experienced.

The Goblins of Gringotts - Hosted by Warwick Davis, you'll see the entire process of becoming a goblin in a Harry Potter film, from auditions and casting to makeup and prosthetic tests as well as filming the final scenes.

The Women of Harry Potter – A look at the remarkable women in Harry Potter's life and the critical role they play in the films.

WB Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter

Deleted Scenes

Ultraviolet Digital Copy
Artwork for the Blu-ray in the U.S. can be seen here. Warner Home Video have also announced that at the end of the year, December 29, they will cease shipment of all the Harry Potter films.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

It looks amazing! I am off to pre-order IMMEDIATELY!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on September 20, 2011, 09:08 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

It looks amazing!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 20, 2011, 09:32 AM report to moderator
Beach_thumb

Great! Going to see if I can preorder on Amazon now! Makes me want to get a Blue Ray player just for this movie! :)

Posted by StephieLB on September 20, 2011, 09:59 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I wonder if they will come out in Green-Ray?

Posted by Won_Two on September 20, 2011, 10:38 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Boo Hiss! UK should be 1st

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 20, 2011, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Snapeavatar_thumb

Can’t wait!

Posted by SevsTam on September 20, 2011, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Hmm I don’t have a blu ray player but I can probably find the features on youtube once it’s released :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 20, 2011, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Fanfiction_thumb

“Warner Home Video have also announced that at the end of the year, December 29, they will cease shipment of all the Harry Potter films.” - what can it possibly mean? Why would they stop selling the films?

Posted by Actani on September 20, 2011, 01:02 PM report to moderator

Incredibly annoyed that the US is getting the release 3 weeks before the UK, what the hell!?

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on September 20, 2011, 01:21 PM report to moderator

I have to say, I’m much less excited about this release than other films in the series (almost any other film in the series, actually). The final film was a major let-down. A shadow of the masterpiece that the novel is…I’m sure I’m much too late to be making these comments on the quality of the film, as so many people seem so “sold” on it, and although I thought it was good – and at times very good – it wasn’t truly “great”. It could have been so much better…

Posted by Nige29 on September 20, 2011, 02:19 PM report to moderator

I wonder why we American gets it before the Brits? Oh well, I’m not complaining! @Nige29: I felt/feel exactly the same way! I feel a little guilty for not loving the film unconditionally and wholeheartedly (I think it’s a moral obligation among Potter fans), but also a little disappointed at how the film turned out, because I know that it’s final, they’re never doing another one, and I would really dislike it if they did do remakes! I think I just have to accept that while it didn’t completely live up to my standards, or at least came quite far from eclipsing the brilliance of the novel, that there were 7 other Harry Potter films that made the mark for me (okay, more like 5, Goblet of Fire and Half-Blood Prince lacked the material and the quality offered by the canon), and anyways, I would have felt a lot worse if the last book had been what I perceive as a “fail” (at least in terms of what I expect out of HP).

Posted by PotterAcumen on September 20, 2011, 02:48 PM report to moderator

Sorry, I meant “get it,” not “gets it,” and Americans not American. I was typing way too fast, and I’m not a very good typist anyway.

Posted by PotterAcumen on September 20, 2011, 02:51 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

It’s a disgrace that we are not getting the DVD in the UK until 3 weeks after the US. We are the land of Harry Potter.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 20, 2011, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

That’s not fair! It should be released on the same day everywhere! Why do I have to wait three weeks?

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on September 20, 2011, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I cannon wait to watch all the extras! I think I’ll get it right at 12:01 am! =D
But why in the world are they going to cease shippments??? Maybe they’re coming out with a really massive DVD/Blu-Ray set so people will have to but that if they dont already have the movies.

Posted by LunaLuver on September 20, 2011, 04:10 PM report to moderator

"She's -- she's sent me a Howler," said Ron faintly.[br]"You'd better open it, Ron," said Neville in a timid whisper. "It'll be worse if you don't. My gran sent me one once, and I ignored it and" -- he gulped -- "it was horrible."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014