More Info on Harry Potter: Page to Screen Book

Movies
Posted by: Mel
September 27, 2011, 10:31 PM

Thanks to UniversHarryPotter, we have some additional information on the Harry Potter: Page to Screen book:

With 1200 photographs, sketches, and diagrams, the book will provide unbridled access to every aspect of the film-making process.  It will tell the stories behind each individual film and cover the design and technology behind all the astounding effects.
...

Daniel Radcliffe and his personal narrative from set to set will be used as the life line that connects all aspects of this memoir, giving structure to the many voices of the Harry Potter family who orate this tale.

All of the movies were filmed at the Leavesden Studio in Hertfordshire, England and these pages describe how the Leavesden family dealt with numerous cast, crew, and production dramas, replacements, technical difficulties and countless narrative and visual decisions.  This book will touch on subjects such as J.K. Rowling’s private comments to her young cast, the impact of Richard Harris’ (the original Dumbledore) death on the cast and crew, the effects of 9/11 on the Leavesden family (during the filming of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets), the reality of “growing up Potter” for the young starlets who experienced their adolescence on a hugely public stage, and reflections from the cast and crew on the end of the film series.

You can read more here. This book will be released October 25th.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Ootp_tumblr_thumb

SOO excited to get this!! I’m looking at my copy of “Film Wizardry” right now!! :D

Posted by hermy007 on September 27, 2011, 11:21 PM report to moderator
Book_thumb

As I read the write-up, I was thinking “oh, this is going to be so neat. I definitely need to check this out!”. Then I saw the price. Yikes, that’s steep for a non-textbook. Heck, I barely pay that for textbooks. Maybe it should be my 30th birthday present, since I still haven’t thought of a present yet … but it’s still very expensive for a present.

Posted by jillians642 on September 28, 2011, 12:57 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I’ve got it on order from Amazon UK., where it was 31.49 GBP. I don’t know how this compares with the price on that site. If it’s of the same quality as ‘Film Wizardry’, it will be something to treasure.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 28, 2011, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

SOO excited to get this!!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 28, 2011, 06:51 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I really can’t wait to get my hands on this book! I know it will be amazing.

Posted by ThestralBlade317 on September 28, 2011, 09:33 AM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

$160 in New Zealand? Poor people. :(

blinks

Posted by HogwartsForever on September 28, 2011, 09:34 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I cannot wait to get this book! Early christmas present to myself! =D

Posted by LunaLuver on September 28, 2011, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Something else to throw my money at! lool….

Posted by Won_Two on September 28, 2011, 01:44 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Woweee! It sounds great!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 04, 2011, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I may get this book but I’m not too sure tbh

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 05, 2011, 02:59 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

She thrust the letter at Harry, who saw that it was not handwritten, but composed from pasted letters that seemed to have been cut out of the [i]Daily Prophet[/i]:[br][i]You are a wicked girl. Harry Potter deserves better. Go back where you came from mugg