One Million Pottermore Emails Sent Out

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 27, 2011, 10:51 AM

The Pottermore Insider has updated to announce that all one million Welcome emails for Pottermore beta users have been sent out!

The site is expected to be very busy now that all users have been given access, so you may have to wait and try a few times before successfully signing in.

To everyone who has been granted access to Pottermore, let us know what you think in the comments!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Owl_bookstoppers_thumb

LOve Pottermore in general,
but there are many ways to improve
and i realllu hope it gets MUCH better…

Posted by Hermione Weasley on September 27, 2011, 08:52 PM report to moderator
My_faves___2_thumb

I’m one of those million!! :)

Posted by Ginnygirl423 on September 27, 2011, 08:54 PM report to moderator
My_faves___2_thumb

I’m one of those million!! :)

Posted by Ginnygirl423 on September 27, 2011, 08:54 PM report to moderator
My_faves___2_thumb

I’m one of those million!! :)

Posted by Ginnygirl423 on September 27, 2011, 08:54 PM report to moderator
My_faves___2_thumb

I’m one of those million!! :)

Posted by Ginnygirl423 on September 27, 2011, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ Celticenchantress&Shining Lynx The lamppost has a glitch, I tried to unlock it with 3 different browsers and reported to PM. They got back in touch with me (you can require that) and said they’ll try to fix it and that I should keep checking it. They made some progress – it was glitching worse yesterday – but still not functional. Keep pressing Feedback when you’re there!

Posted by cb160 on September 27, 2011, 08:58 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@kandeeland – I would enjoy soft background music too

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 27, 2011, 09:04 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

And it’s true, PM still needs a lot to improve, but that’s why we are there, we’re Betas, so do not complain so much here, but try to get in touch with PM team and make suggestions, or at least use Feedback. Even with PM so misbehaving now, I still managed to brew Herbicide from only 2 attempts today. It’s not like “what posessed me to try it when the site’s so upside down”, it’s to test it also in the worst conditions. And I never tried to brew it till now!

Posted by cb160 on September 27, 2011, 09:06 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ purplehogwarts Glad to see you, long time no see!

Posted by cb160 on September 27, 2011, 09:07 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

The count shows 511,091 now. I still believe we’re seeing only the English version Betas, too bad I can’t access another language version… but maybe I’m wrong. See you did some Antidote, purplehogwarts!

Posted by cb160 on September 27, 2011, 09:15 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@cb160 – thanks! Had in-laws in town so I’ve been busy. They left yesterday though, so now I am free to be back on the computer. Congrats on the potion brewing! Seems like you have a knack for it.

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 27, 2011, 09:16 PM report to moderator

How do you look at people’s drawings?

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 27, 2011, 09:16 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@purplehogwarts On the contrary! This morning I’ve needed 5 attempts to do Forgetfulness – first 2 times I was staring at instructions and adding in cauldron, instead of mortar, and still being amazed why instructions weren’t crossing themselves! Though, meantime I managed to do and upload my first drawing…

Posted by cb160 on September 27, 2011, 09:20 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ wildpumpkin Either at ppl profile or when reading info about characters you find at the bottom of the page the drawings.

Posted by cb160 on September 27, 2011, 09:22 PM report to moderator

“Due to high levels of demand, we are currently restricting access to Pottermore.”Please come back and try again later."

I CAN’T GET IN! Getting super annoyed…

Posted by Hedwig1994 on September 27, 2011, 09:22 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"W-what?" Harry stammered. "But I've got to go back -- term starts on September first. It's all that's keeping me going. You don't know what it's like here. I don't [i]belong[/i] here. I belong in your world -- at Hogwarts."