More Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent; Have You Gained Access Yet?

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2011, 02:23 PM

It seems as if the Pottermore owls are being sent out with even more regularity this week, as the Pottermore Insider Blog has been updated again noting even more welcome emails have just been sent to early beta access users.

A question now for Leaky readers: Have you gotten beta access to Pottermore yet?  If you've been among the lucky bunch to gain early access to the site, please do share your thoughts in the comments below.  We may feature your review in a future update!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Images_thumb

@ LovesLaborLost The most innocent reason may be curiosity: maybe they wanted to explore all houses. Some less innocent reasons may be cheating, selling or even worse…

Posted by cb160 on September 07, 2011, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Dsc_0091_thumb

I got in few weeks ago and I’m happy they didn’t keep me waiting for so long. But for all those of you, who are still waiting, keep waiting and be patient, because when you’ll get the access, it will be totally awesome (:

Posted by tibby71 on September 07, 2011, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Well, I think that sort of think for the more innocent reasons it was still inconsiderate. This is for Beta testing. There were many people who didn’t get in at all because spots filled up, so taking up spots for this phase because you want to see if you can explore all houses should have been saved for open registration, in my opinion.

Posted by LovesLaborLost on September 07, 2011, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ LovesLaborLost You’re absolutely right, but that’s when you get betas for free: can’t choose them. I bet there are many just wanting to be “cool” and “play” PM before the rest of their acquaintances.

Posted by cb160 on September 07, 2011, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ LovesLaborLost But still can’t tell you how funny sounded to me that owner of two PM accounts, complaining/astonished about being sorted Slytherin on both!!!

Posted by cb160 on September 07, 2011, 05:15 PM report to moderator

SybilT: If you found the magic quill between july 31 and Aug 6, you could register then and wait for an email that activates your account, if you didn’t open registration is in october.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 07, 2011, 05:16 PM report to moderator

@cb160 sounds like the sorting works.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 07, 2011, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@wildpumpkin63 Yeah, like magic, is it?!

Posted by cb160 on September 07, 2011, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ LovesLaborLost As about how valuable some Betas are: just seen a tweet (spanish speaker) asking that after finishing chapter 1 and making a couple of potions there was anything else to explore on PM!!!!!!!

Posted by cb160 on September 07, 2011, 05:24 PM report to moderator

Not to mention having multiple accounts is actually against PM’s T&S for the Quill promotion: “You may only register once with Pottermore via The Magical Quill. Entries via agents or third parties or the use of multiple identities and email addresses are not permitted.”

So, yeah, I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone with multiple accounts during Beta, no matter their reason for doing it.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 07, 2011, 05:32 PM report to moderator

I try not to let the people who made double accounts get to me, it sucks that they filled up other peoples spots, but I know I almost made multiple accounts just because I could. I think of it as a slytherin trait and I think that just as in HP they continued to allow Slytherins at Hogwarts, I should be accepting of all kinds.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 07, 2011, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

This thing about the person being sorted in Slytherin twice, having two different accounts, really cracked me up!!! I wonder how he/she answered the questions to end up in the same house… I do agree with who said that applying for more that one account took away the opportunity for others to enter.
Now apparently they are taking the opportunity of the ones (like me) who haven’t received the welcome mail yet, because some, have already received confirmation mails for their multiple accounts.
Frustrating isn’t it?

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 07, 2011, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Oh, I have no sympathy for them either… just observing them (guess when I’ll get in I’ll probably be Ravenclaw!).

Posted by cb160 on September 07, 2011, 05:38 PM report to moderator

Of course, there’s also this little gem in the T&S to allow them an “out” re: dates: “We reserve the right to increase the total number of places available for early access and/or to extend the Promotion Period at any time.”

Given that a lot of us are wondering how in the world they’ll activate the other 750,000+ by September 30, well, they may not have to. I think they’ll have a very hard time with public relations if it comes to that, though. I can be a very patient person, but I’ll admit it’s getting much harder each day to wait (especially since there didn’t seem to be a wave today).

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 07, 2011, 05:38 PM report to moderator

cb160: and my sense of being fair to others will probably put me in Hufflepuff LOL

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 07, 2011, 05:39 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Had a good summer, Luna?" Ginny asked.[br]"Yes," said Luna dreamily, without taking her eyes off Harry. "Yes, it was quite enjoyable, you know. [i]You're[/i] Harry Potter," she added.[br]"I know I am," said Harry.