UPDATED: First Look at Dan Radcliffe in "Kill Your Darlings"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
March 20, 2012, 07:38 PM

Shooting for Dan Radcliffe's new movie "Kill Your Darlings" began last week, and we now have a first look at Radcliffe as Beat poet Allen Ginsberg:

Radcliffe was snapped on the streets of Brooklyn [Monday] morning as he began shooting Kill Your Darlings, in which he takes on the role of Beat Generation poet Allen Ginsberg.

You can see a picture of Radcliffe as Ginsberg here in the article and have pictures of Radcliffe along with co-star Dane DeHaan as Lucien Carr here in our galleries.

Many thanks to Max and Dana for the tip! And many thanks to SnitchSeeker as well!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Beckett_thumb

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it when i see my name on leaky :) !!!!!!

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on March 20, 2012, 08:18 PM report to moderator

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think he looks charmingly handsome. :D Curly hair and wide glasses remind me of Mr. Criss. . . . Anyway, can’t wait to watch it!

Posted by . on March 20, 2012, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

@MaP: OMG you’ve been giving Leaky so many tips. Congrats! :)

I saw this last night on E! Dan looks different, yet still has his ‘Harry’ look. =)

Posted by LunaLuver on March 20, 2012, 08:39 PM report to moderator

Omg his hair is like….curly!!!!!! haha and he has different glasses than his “Harry” glasses :)

Posted by LunaLoonyLovegood on March 20, 2012, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

Awesome Dan! He’s still got an ‘air of Harry’ to him all in all awesome!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on March 20, 2012, 11:35 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

He looks so much older than when he’s Harry! I think it’s the glasses…

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on March 21, 2012, 01:00 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Wow he looks so different

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 21, 2012, 02:32 AM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

He looks oddly like Darren Cris….not that I’m complaining :D

Posted by butterbeer bottle on March 21, 2012, 02:35 AM report to moderator

Wow.. For det first time in my hole potterhead-life, I think Dan looks hot..

Posted by Magical Arts on March 21, 2012, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Lawgcav_thumb

Ginsberg was a great poet… this should be interesting.

Posted by Atticus on March 21, 2012, 10:14 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

The bit that I’m having trouble getting my brain around is how this English boy is going to convey Allen Ginsberg’s underlying Jewishness, which always seeped through even when he was an aging Buddhist beatnik. I hope that Dan has utilized his time living in NYC well and soaked up a bit of Yiddishkeit. The fact that in a recent interview, he didn’t know that the best place in the City for bagels was H & H does not bode well for him being cast in this role.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on March 21, 2012, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@WeenyOwl, Dan himself is half-Jewish (and half-Irish).

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on March 21, 2012, 11:27 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ln8nktbuk51qafrh6_thumb

It’s good to see him doing a completely different, more character role than Harry Potter. I also notice that he is, apparently, not allergic to these contact lenses, unlike the ones from Potter, though I suppose that was many years ago, now.

Posted by samueljc on March 21, 2012, 11:58 AM report to moderator

YAY! Like many other Potter fans out there, we all support you on your new role, Dan, and we KNOW you’ll do GREAT!!! :D (How great it is to see him in glasses again XD!!)

Posted by katelyner123 on March 21, 2012, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

@V-J, I never would have guessed that from his speech, mannerisms and so on. I guess ‘Jewish from Brooklyn’ is a whole different thing from ‘Jewish from London.’

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on March 21, 2012, 01:17 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"It's Longbottom, isn't it?" sneered Lucius Malfoy. "Well, your grandmother is used to losing family members to our cause... Your death will not come as a great shock..."