LeakyNews.com

First Look at Harry Potter Wizards Collection DVD Boxed Set on Amazon

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Edward
March 03, 2012, 01:25 PM

Retailer Amazon.com has posted images and information for what looks to be the ultimate showcase collection of Harry Potter films fans have been waiting for.  The Harry Potter Wizards Collection contains a total of 31 discs, 18 of which present a mixture of regular and extended cuts of all seven films, 13 special feature discs compiling hours of extras from the series.  This new boxed set, according to Amazon, contains over "5 hours of never before seen special features, in a limited and numbered edition."  An animated video of the box and its contents accompanies the product page, and can be viewed right here.

While full details are scarce, a full list of films and features is as follows:

A release date for this product is listed as "2012," but an official release date has not yet been given.

The full retail price of this package is a whopping $500 USD, Amazon currently has it on sale for $349.99.

More details as we get them!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Preordered mine!

Posted by synesthete28 on March 04, 2012, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Tn_thumb

I preordered mine

Posted by krismiss on March 06, 2012, 01:34 AM report to moderator
Ukrain_cover_sm2_thumb

it is a lot of money, but you’re getting a LOT… not just the nifty packaging, but also all the movies, extended cuts (would be interested if there are more than just 2), special features… I’ve seen 3 and 4 movie sets go for 80-100 bucks, so it’s really not THAT outragous.

what I’d be more interested in is, are they going to release an Ultimate version of 7.1 and 7.2? I have Ultimate BluRays of 1 thru 6… I’d like both 7s too.

Posted by heartless_wench on March 07, 2012, 05:08 PM report to moderator

Hope they will release it in the UK as well, in Europe to be specific, does anyone know? Because Amazon UK has not listed it, yet… Neither have they listed the Indiana Jones Quadrilogy set on BD.

Posted by GohandoMax on March 08, 2012, 05:38 AM report to moderator

I do not think that it will be a “definitive” set at all. The packaging will probably be the same cheap cardboard on the limited set they released las year. In that case it will surely fall apart. I will also be very dissapointed if there is not a commentary track for each film, one with the director, one with the cast and one with the crew, as with the lord of the rings films. I had also hoped that there would be extended cuts of each film, but no. The never before seen special features are probably the special features that came with the ultimate edition sets. I will buy this however, only because I really want it in my collection and still hope that it will prove to be awesome.

Posted by GohandoMax on March 08, 2012, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

I love the packaging, but as others have mentioned since not all of the movies are in regular and extended editions it’s not quite worth all that money. It would be understandable if the extended versions were not available for all the movies, but they are (maybe not DH1 & 2). Oh well, I’ll continue to watch the extended versions when Family Channel runs it’s Harry Potter weekends and the regular versions in between. :D

Posted by Xyra44 on March 08, 2012, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Nice, but rather pricey!

Posted by Won_Two on March 10, 2012, 10:40 AM report to moderator
404804_2062699827530_1845759987_1336491_2063603037_n_thumb

I need this now!

Posted by natalia96 on March 10, 2012, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Crazy expensive! I won’t be buying it, though it is extremely tempting.

Posted by Jacket on March 17, 2012, 01:31 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?