J.K. Rowling Launches New Website

JKRowling.com
Posted by: Rosi
April 12, 2012, 08:50 AM

J.K. Rowling just announced the launch of her newly revamped website on Twitter. Check it out at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent JKRowling.com News

Rofr10_thumb

sue1308: Yes, I was happy to see that the Encyclopaedia is still in progress and hasn’t been replaced by Pottermore – the new information on Pottermore is certainly interesting but I feel she has a lot more to tell, including stuff that wouldn’t really fit into Pottermore.

Posted by roonwit on April 13, 2012, 06:28 AM report to moderator

Looks so amazing! Got LOADS of things to read for a potterhead! :)

• happy * happy *
Posted by Magical Arts on April 13, 2012, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

@ Jaques Delacour. Ditto on the vid from the DH 2 movie premiere. I watched it last night and simultaneously was laughing and crying at the end where Emma seemed to set everyone off when she started to cry. Such a great moment. I am very excited about the new website and new book.

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on April 13, 2012, 10:37 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I’m very glad to read her conformation that she IS writing the encyclopaedia that so many of us have been waiting for. Just to know that she is definitely doing this makes me very happy.

I’ve been exploring the new website and it looks pretty good, I just found the interview that Dan did with Jo which was on bluray but not on the DVD, so now hopefully everyone will get to see that.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 13, 2012, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

@sue1308: Thanks. That is great news!
@moglet: Thanks for the tip. I have found the interview. I was so annoyed when it wasn’t on the DVD. And I probably wouldn’t have found it, if you hadn’t said it was there.

Posted by Tarana on April 13, 2012, 08:44 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I will miss the old site :( I guess it’s one of the many things we should get used to about HP..no more books.. no more movies.. Fingers still crossed for the encyclopedia

Posted by vandy[FTC] on April 14, 2012, 07:16 AM report to moderator
250px-hufflepuffcrest_thumb

I think it looks pretty awesome.

Posted by EmilyLovegood on April 14, 2012, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

The website is neat but I’ll miss her old one. But Pottermore should be amazing!!!!!

Posted by Michelle32 on April 14, 2012, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Croquet_thumb

i really miss the old version, how we could explore her office and such, but i suppose this version is more general towards Jo rather than having a website that focuses on harry potter alone. We have pottermore for that now!! She’s given us a new harry potter playground thats bigger and better!! im glad that shes taking the jkr site as her very own and used as a plot of her life as it really is: not completely harry potter oriented. Good for you, Jo!! Thanks for everything!! =0D

Posted by Alice December Potter on April 15, 2012, 02:02 AM report to moderator
Croquet_thumb

By the way, Jaques Delacour, i am right there with you. I teared up a little when i watched the Deathly Hallows Part II premiere at the end with Jo’s speech. (And might i add that she looked gorgeous in that floral dress? it was so her. I want it.)

Posted by Alice December Potter on April 15, 2012, 02:09 AM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

i saw it already! and props to the people who created it because it deserves a standing ovation! I really love the organization and the simplicity of it! I really really love it! :D (but i am quite sad that it’s not HP-centered anymore, but I’ll move on!)

Posted by lovelle on April 15, 2012, 04:33 AM report to moderator

"Some of the books the Ministry's confiscated... there was one that burned your eyes out. And everyone who read [i]Sonnets of a Sorcerer[/i] spoke in limericks for the rest of their lives. And some old witch in Bath had a book that you could [i]never stop