J.K. Rowling's New Book "The Casual Vacancy" Out 27th September 2012

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Rosi
April 12, 2012, 09:08 AM

Hold on to your hats, people: the publisher Little, Brown has just put out a press release giving us the title of JK Rowling’s new book… The Casual Vacancy! The book will be out on the 27th September 2012 (worldwide release date) and Little, Brown also provided a plot summary:

When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

Blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults.

Eeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Things to countdown to again! Let us know your initial thoughts in comments.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Images_thumb

Can’t wait!!!!!!!! Excited !!! :)

Posted by vandy[FTC] on April 12, 2012, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

Woo hoo! Hope there is an ebook version!!!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on April 12, 2012, 09:29 AM report to moderator

OMG it looks like I will enjoy it after all….! squees

Posted by blue_dreamer on April 12, 2012, 09:31 AM report to moderator

So it is a political fairytale like she stated years ago. Can’t wait

Posted by greatpetie83 on April 12, 2012, 09:32 AM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

I can’t wait! Based on the description, it’s not the type of book I’d normally pick up, but in Jo’s hands, I’m sure it’ll be wonderful! :) Too bad it’s not coming out just a couple of months earlier so we could discuss at LeakyCon.

Posted by Bookworm Jen on April 12, 2012, 09:33 AM report to moderator
100gundlach_s_hawk_thumb

Harry – Barry

This sounds more like a book my mother would read. Maybe she’ll finally read a JKR book. We had heard rumor of the book being a murder mystery. I wonder if Barry was murdered, not just unexpectedly dead.

Posted by Lady Hawke on April 12, 2012, 09:43 AM report to moderator
100gundlach_s_hawk_thumb

Oh, that is not to mean I won’t read it too. I don’t imagine her writing style will suffer in the translation to adult literature.

Posted by Lady Hawke on April 12, 2012, 09:45 AM report to moderator
Picture4_052_thumb

I can’t wait for this!!! I’m so excited! Although, I still take issue with the fact that everyone seems to think that Harry Potter was written just for children.

Posted by joelface on April 12, 2012, 09:48 AM report to moderator

Sounds super interesting to me.I can’t wait to meet the characters and see them via Jo’s description and to just read the way her words flow off the page.I’ve miss her writing even though I’ve reread all the HP books a quite a few times.

Posted by soulkissage on April 12, 2012, 09:59 AM report to moderator
Molly_weasley_thumb

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

Posted by deeweasley93*ROAR* on April 12, 2012, 10:05 AM report to moderator
Polar

Is there going to be a midnight release party!!!!!

Posted by lupinblack2001 on April 12, 2012, 10:28 AM report to moderator

lupinblack2001, I’ll be having one all by lonesome, lol. Can’t wait for the new book – no pre-ordering for me!

Posted by bellahawthorne on April 12, 2012, 10:41 AM report to moderator

Sounds slightly odd but anything by JK should be wonderful :3 super excited now!

Posted by kavonymmij on April 12, 2012, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Cedricdiggorywallpaper_thumb

I hope her new book is just as exciting . Im sure she wont disappoint her fans. :)

Posted by Jacques Delacour on April 12, 2012, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Lady Hawke: It is possible that Barry was murdered but it doesn’t sound like the book is a murder mystery. The “murder mystery” rumour was just speculation about what books Jo might be good at writing.

Posted by roonwit on April 12, 2012, 11:18 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Fred and George had had a great success with their Canary Creams, and for the first couple of days of the holidays, people kept bursting into feather all over the place. Before long, however, all the Gryffindors had learned to treat food anybody else offe