Pottermore Now Available to All!

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
April 14, 2012, 10:11 AM

Pottermore, J. K. Rowling's online Harry Potter experience, is now open to all wishing to join in on the experience.  The change was made early this morning in the UK and is indicated on the official website with the question "Are you magical?"  Users may sign up now, while actual invitations should start arriving-- care of owls, surely-- over the next few days.  The Pottermore Insider blog reads:

Get ready to begin your Pottermore journey, because Pottermore.com is now opening to everyone.
Over the coming days, we'll be inviting new users onto Pottermore.com. We're expecting to be really busy to start with and plan to activate new registrations in a steady stream. This means that you may not get access to Pottermore immediately after you sign up but we will get you exploring the site as quickly possible.
After you've signed up, you'll get sorted into one of the four Hogwarts houses, have a wand choose you, and discover exclusive new writing from J.K. Rowling.
We’ll be adding lots of exciting new features over the coming weeks and months, so make sure you return regularly to explore and discover all the changes as Pottermore grows.
The news comes on the heels of a pretty busy week in Harry Potter, with the announcement of author J. K. Rowling's next book project, The Casual Vacancy, and the launch of her revamped official website right here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Ravenpuff_thumb

I told them two, I guess a lot of people must have so they thank anyone. :P

Posted by Ravenpuffmax on April 14, 2012, 02:44 PM report to moderator

does anyone have any clue when book two will open? i figured they would open after they let everyone else in.
(by the way, i was a beta user, and i hope everyone else enjoys it!!!! i’m glad they are finally letting you in!!!)

Posted by gem2 on April 14, 2012, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_mug_thumb

I just want to get sorted! I’m so very confused! At LeakyCon last year I was walking around sporting clothing from all the houses. And then the extra bit if I don’t get into Gryffindor!

Posted by felicitas on April 14, 2012, 03:18 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I got a call from a friend who was all upset… I quote: "How the H*LL am I supposed to catch up in the points? Some of you betas already got over 200,000!!! They shooda reset them! " LOOOOL…. o.0

Posted by Won_Two on April 14, 2012, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

gem2: There have been a few things said about CoS (eg. the first half of 2012 but that was said a while ago so it might have slipped). It could be reasonably soon depending on how much creating, testing and fixing of the new stuff they have been able to fit in but I doubt it will be this month as I think they will want to wait until the new entrants have had a chance to register, get in and explore and the site isn’t so busy.

Posted by roonwit on April 14, 2012, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

How nice, now everyone can finally be a part of it. I’m guessing they’ll space out the second emails so a whole bunch of people dont crash the site.

Posted by LunaLuver on April 14, 2012, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Ravenpuff_thumb

@LunaLuver, your right, there is a pretty big space between letters. I know some people that got on this morning, but I haven’t got mine yet and I signed up this morning

Posted by Ravenpuffmax on April 14, 2012, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Enormous_lucius_thumb_thumb

Finally it opens to all! I’ve signed up for it

Posted by Rsheppard on April 14, 2012, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on April 14, 2012, 05:28 PM report to moderator

New features? Yeees! I got last summer, so somthing new for the site would be good now.

Hope you enjoy the site – everyone who didn’t make it in the magical quill contest! :)

Posted by Magical Arts on April 14, 2012, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Hungergames_exclip1_thumb

Can’t wait for the welcome email! :D

Posted by Seneca Crane on April 14, 2012, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Random-4_thumb

Waiting on my Owl!

Posted by RaytheforgottenWeasley on April 14, 2012, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

Omg now I have to wait for an email!!!! I am so excited!!

Posted by Michelle32 on April 14, 2012, 07:52 PM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

OH MY GOD!!!! I CAN’T WAIT TO JOIN. I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SOOOO LONG!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Posted by HarryLover on April 14, 2012, 10:47 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

FINALLY! It took long enough. Could it be that they are finally getting their act together? Now only if they send out the email confirmations in a timely fashion WOULD be the crowning glory. Maybe they can allow us newbies to be a part of the games and all that they had before it went “live”.

Posted by sidnandragin on April 15, 2012, 02:00 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"He's not even good-looking!" she muttered angrily, glaring at Krum's sharp profile. "They only like him because he's famous! They wouldn't look twice at him if he couldn't do that Wonky-Faint thing --"