Pottermore CEO Discusses Pottermore Stats and "Chamber of Secrets"

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
May 04, 2012, 07:34 PM

Pottermore CEO Charlie Redmayne has recently discussed the opening of "Chamber of Secrets" on Pottermore (it's still "weeks away") and other updates to the site:

Redmayne added that the release of book two, The Chamber of Secrets, was still "weeks away", but that the site would be adding new interactive elements and community tools over the next few weeks. "It's a fantastic experience, but not yet as good as its going to be. We are working on book two now, I'm very pleased with some of the pages I've seen, and it will be coming as soon as possible."

Redmayne also gave some interesting stats on how Pottermore is used, including the most and least used duelling spells:

Redmayne said there had been 4.2m attempts to make potions, with a success rate of just 32%. In those first two weeks there had been 39.9m "wizard duels" with the "full body bind" spell the most popular, and "pimple jinx" the least used. He said that after two weeks 5m new users had registered, with perhaps half of those already sorted into houses, such as Gryffindor and Ravenclaw.

You can read the rest of the article here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

Well I hope we don’t have to wait as long for Prisoner of Azkaban to come out and they really should release something on the site that makes it interesting to come back to like a mini-game that you don’t have to wait around for or something of the sort.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on May 05, 2012, 07:53 AM report to moderator
Omt1_thumb

I agree. It’s been a disappointment not to be able to proceed directly to book two… . I check daily and remain disappointed… (sigh)

OMT

Posted by OldMrToad on May 05, 2012, 08:39 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I’m not in too much of a rush for book two, I’m still working on book one. I’m happy to more stuff being addded for everyone who are just waiting for the next book.

Posted by LunaLuver on May 05, 2012, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

You hear that? Can you hear that sound? That slightly wooshing sound? The sound of Jo’s money being flushed down the loo?

Posted by Won_Two on May 05, 2012, 11:58 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I like Pottermore, but since I got in back at the end of August I’m definitely ready for some new content. I can’t get the hang of dueling, so I’ve given that up. Potions are fine, except that there still seem to be glitches – like having my cauldron melted when I brewed the potion right and came back with plenty of time left. And the way some point totals have skyrocketed still irritates me. I’m convinced that people did a lot of cheating to get those totals – even if they were brewing or dueling 24/7 they couldn’t have their scores jump like they did last fall. And Pottermore did nothing to fix that. But I still want to see what is there about the books. It’s been a long wait and it seems that isn’t going to be over anytime soon.

Posted by Eeyore on May 05, 2012, 01:23 PM report to moderator
The_wanted_comic_relief_thumb

Can’t wait for CoS or new installments! I hope by ‘interactive elements’ they mean we can have one to one conversations and it’ll load faster. :)
Add me: NewtShadow16258

Posted by Grindylow_101: Avis Mauvais Malfoy=:) on May 05, 2012, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

well, i better finidh the philisopher’s stone! :D

Posted by lovelle on May 05, 2012, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

“cool i think!”

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 06, 2012, 07:13 AM report to moderator
Pumpkin-seeds_thumb

Saying that it’s close will make the wait worse, so just telling us the date of the release would be the best idea. And a game that doesn’t need toooo much time to finish would be preferable!!! Like chess or Gobstones or the card game that I’ve completely forgot what it was called :P And I do hope that they don’t keep us waiting 7 years to read the 7 books. 2 months were enough to make me almost forget about the site!!

Posted by Hedwig♪WBM♪OS on May 06, 2012, 07:24 AM report to moderator

I can’t control the heat on my cauldron, except on the cure for boils, I wonder if I should have a USB mouse or something. Also I can’t cast a spell to save my life — I think, again, it’s an equipment issue. Also, also, I wish there was a list of things we can find, and if there are “cheats”, I’d like to know where I can read about them,,,

Posted by sgt_majorette on May 06, 2012, 10:18 AM report to moderator

YAY! GO RAVENCLAW!!!

Posted by katelyner123 on May 06, 2012, 04:12 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

I have to say, and I don’t mean just this thread but everywhere, that I don’t understand the frustration at Pottermore. It is a huge sprawling work that is TOTALLY FREE, and done purely so fans of the series can have more enjoyment. I think grateful is how we should feel.

Posted by donaldo ballurias on May 08, 2012, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Sunsethogwarts_thumb

IM GUESSING THEY GIVING US TIME TO LEARN THE SPELL AND STUFF WE ARE GOING TO NEED AS WE GO THRU THE BOOKS, so do your homework lol! im on pottermore SpiritDragon i love my name and my wand!

Posted by PHONELADY on May 10, 2012, 07:20 PM report to moderator
The_magic_is_gone_thumb

I am sooo bad at those darn potions! I feel so bad because in the books I was like “HARRY! It’s not that hard to make a potion! Your’e just trying to tick off Snape!” I totally get it now :)

Posted by iButterbeer on May 11, 2012, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Lily_thumb

I can’t wait to see the Chamner of Secrets, but i’m even more excited for the later books! Especially the Deathly Hallows!

Posted by WizardRain26590 on May 12, 2012, 08:05 PM report to moderator

"You just wait till I tell Dad you had that thing out --"[br]"Running to Daddy now, are you? Is his ickle boxing champ frightened of nasty Harry's wand?"