Rumor: Hogwarts Express Ride to Link Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios

Misc
Posted by: Mel
June 20, 2012, 07:01 PM

A theme park blog has revealed Universal's plans to link their two Florida theme parks (Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Orlando) with a Hogwarts Express attraction:

Universal Orlando finally, though inadvertently, revealed they’re going to link their two Central Florida theme parks with a new transit attraction. Their filings with the water management district show locations within both Islands of Adventure and Universal Orlando which are part of a larger overall project to construct what is rumored to be a simulation of the famed Hogwarts Express.

The filings are for the dewatering of retention ponds amid the track of the Dragon Challenge coasters at Islands of Adventure and the service road just south of the old Jaws attraction in Universal Studios Orlando. The Dragon Challenge site plans were originally thought to be explicit enough to include a blatant outline for a train station, but those lines in the drawing are actually for the pump heads to remove the water from the pond and the surrounding silt fence.

You can read more here. Stay close to Leaky for Wizarding World of Harry Potter news!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Misc News

OMG!! I ALSO HEARD THEY ARE MAKING DIAGON ALLEY, THE LEAKY CAULDRON TO EAT IN, AND GRINGOTTS WITH A ROLLERCOASTER/RIDE INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE UNIVERSAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK GOODNESS I HAVE A SEASON PASS AND I LIVE IN GEORGIA!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Posted by katelyner123 on June 20, 2012, 07:19 PM report to moderator
82a5390036bdaf6e496c52f683a02aa9_thumb

Forgive my thirteen year old vocabulary, but that’s freaking AWESOME. Sucks that I live all the way in California :/

Posted by Knitster on June 20, 2012, 07:25 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

OMG thats wonderful!!!!! XD I think the park just wasnt complete without a Hogwarts Express. The list of reason why I must go to Flordia keep growing, and growing. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on June 20, 2012, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

Oh my god ! that would be so awesome!!!! ( note to self ,start saving )

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on June 20, 2012, 11:35 PM report to moderator
E_sunshine_gif_match_darke_moon_thumb

Now I feel better about not being able to go right away! There will be so much more to see and do by the time I get there!

Posted by Elodie Eeylop on June 21, 2012, 07:58 AM report to moderator
D_portrait_thumb

@ Elodie: I’m going too, right?!!!!

Posted by DARKE: Antares Pyxis Black =:) on June 21, 2012, 10:08 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

If investors are willing to shake loose the $$$ necessary to do this, then I guess that’s good news for the economy… The more stuff they add the better, I say! :+)

Posted by Won_Two on June 21, 2012, 10:42 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

This will be such a great addition to the, already awesome, park! I wonder what the time frame will be for the completion? I’m hopefully going back next year & I’m sure it won’t be done by then, but maybe construction will be under way.

Posted by Ravenclaw78 on June 21, 2012, 11:54 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

Oops – never mind! I just read the rest of the article that said they are already working on the Diagon Alley / Gringots & expect the Hogwarts Express to begin construction on July 15, 2012. Now, if they would just let me move into Hagrid’s hut (I couldn’t find my room in the Ravenclaw Tower at Hogwarts… some muggles kept telling me I was in a restricted section), I’d be in seventh heaven, living off pumpkin juice and sweets from Honeyduke’s!

Posted by Ravenclaw78 on June 21, 2012, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

That would be so amazing! :D Looking forward to that when I’ll visit! :D

Posted by lovelle on June 23, 2012, 07:38 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Yay trains!

Posted by budgie on June 30, 2012, 11:36 PM report to moderator

I hope this finishes soon… I’m going to HP World in a few weeks!

Posted by hogwarts-is-my-home on July 12, 2012, 02:14 PM report to moderator

"I asked McGonagall how the champions are chosen but she wasn't telling," said George bitterly. "She just told me to shut up and get on with transfiguring my raccoon."