LeakyCon to be Held in Portland and London in 2013

LeakyCon
Posted by: Mel
August 12, 2012, 07:02 PM

We are pleased to announce that next summer you can find LeakyCon in not one, but two wonderful cities! LeakyCon announced on Wednesday that they would be coming to Portland next summer. During today's Leaving Feast our founder Melissa Anelli announced that - in association with Alohomora  - there will also be a LeakyCon in London, England!

The Portland LeakyCon will be the last weekend in June 2013, with registration opening September 1st. The London LeakyCon will be the second weekend of August.  Stay tuned to Leaky for more info!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Shaw__4__thumb

I hear there is the giant stadium down in London’s East End that suddenly become available about an hour ago…

Posted by HogwartsForever on August 12, 2012, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

When I first saw the news that this would be in Portland and London, I thought how awesome that we would be taking over an island here in the UK as well as the capital city… doh! Silly nelly, marrows for brains. To be fair I didn’t know what ‘OR’ meant, though that doesn’t really make me seem any smarter…

Posted by nellythemarrow on August 12, 2012, 08:57 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Well at least its getting closer to me. Now just move about three states down and you’ll be in mine! :) So great that LeakyCon is going to England, homeland of Potter. And UK-ers say they never get anything Potter related!

Posted by LunaLuver on August 12, 2012, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Molly_weasley_thumb

FINALLY ITS COMING TO A COUNTRY NEAR ME!!!!!!!

Posted by deeweasley93*ROAR* on August 12, 2012, 09:38 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_icon_well_behaved_women_thumb

Don’t feel too silly, Nelly. You aren’t from the U.S. (I assume), so you aren’t expected to know, right?

Posted by SlytherClawMaid on August 12, 2012, 10:32 PM report to moderator

London England LeakyCon HERE I COME!!!!! Finally one I can go to!

Posted by pottermate on August 12, 2012, 11:15 PM report to moderator

Portland…. the one in Oregon?

Posted by hermione06 on August 12, 2012, 11:47 PM report to moderator

Portland, ME or Portland, OR?

Posted by sherrie0824 on August 13, 2012, 12:08 AM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

Wow, it seems there are a lot of Portlands! On Twitter they said Portland OR, and on another website (tumblr or Leakycon, I can’t remember) they said ‘city of roses’ so I would guess it’s Portland in Oregon.

SlytherClawMaid You’re very kind. Yeah I’m from the UK and had only heard of Portland in the UK before lol.

Posted by nellythemarrow on August 13, 2012, 01:22 PM report to moderator

I’m still waiting for it to come to Colorado

Posted by Ratorr on August 13, 2012, 10:40 PM report to moderator
100gundlach_s_hawk_thumb

When we were sitting in the Leaving Feast my friends at my table were happily discussing LeakyCon in Portland, Oregon. One of them lives quite close and was quite happy about it. The rest were happy to take a trip to the Pacific Northwest. Then, they announced the second LeakyCon in London and it made the one in Portland feel like a Consolation Prize. It quite took the wind out of our sails. Well, it took the wind out of the sails of the entire room. People went from being happy they could go to Portland to depressed they couldn’t go to London. I’m happy for the people going to London. It just took the lustre off Portland.

Posted by Lady Hawke on August 14, 2012, 09:56 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

From my pov it might as well be on Mars!

Posted by Won_Two on August 15, 2012, 01:06 PM report to moderator
100gundlach_s_hawk_thumb

WON, there were a LOT of people at LeakyCon in wheelchairs. I’m certain our group would be willing to help you out. You wouldn’t have to worry about walking too much.

Posted by Lady Hawke on August 15, 2012, 09:01 PM report to moderator

...Professor Flitwick had given each student a stack of cushions on which to practice, the theory being that these wouldn't hurt anyone if they went off target. It was a good theory, but it wasn't working very well. Neville's aim was so poor that he kept