JK Rowling to Appear at Cheltenham Literature Festival for "The Casual Vacancy"

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 02, 2012, 12:08 PM

BBC News is reporting that J.K. Rowling will appear at the Cheltenham Literature Festival on October 6, 2012 to talk about her first adult novel, The Casual Vacancy, and sign copies of the book afterward.

The talk with Ms. Rowling will be moderated by documentary film-maker James Runcie. She will sign copies of The Casual Vacancy following the event.

Set in the small town of Pagford, the novel is described by the publisher as being "blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising."

Jane Furze, literature festival director at Cheltenham Festivals, said: "The Casual Vacancy has been one of the most talked about books of the year and we very much look forward to hosting this wonderful event."

Tickets for the event go on sale August 13 for members of the Cheltenham Festival and August 20 for the general public. Further information can be found at this page.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Raven_avatar_thumb

Wish I could be there…

Posted by Won_Two on August 02, 2012, 12:58 PM report to moderator

:((( Wish I lived there :((((

Posted by katelyner123 on August 02, 2012, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I wish that JKR would do a US book tour, but I guess that anything that she writes from now on will not need much PR to sell in the gazillions.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on August 02, 2012, 02:05 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

I wish J. K. Rowling would do a Canada tour and stop by Calgary. I would give almost anything to see her if she was in Calgary.

Posted by Acciobrooms on August 02, 2012, 11:20 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

REALLY wish I could be there!

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on August 03, 2012, 02:06 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Wish I could be there

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 03, 2012, 03:22 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I suppose I’ll end up giving it a read, either from the library or bookstore.

Posted by LunaLuver on August 03, 2012, 10:38 PM report to moderator

Ahhhh to be able to fly over for the festivities! Alas, while money is no object for some (those who have lots) for me it is non existent. Will have to shop at COSTCO.

Posted by hewy on August 04, 2012, 08:11 AM report to moderator

...Dean had tacked up a poster of Viktor Krum over his bedside table. His old poster of the West Ham football team was pinned right next to it.[br]"Mental," Ron sighed, shaking his head at the completely stationary soccer players.