Harry Potter Actors Donate Doodles for National Doodle Day

Charity
Posted by: Mel
January 22, 2013, 08:46 PM

National Doodle Day, a fundraising event which supports the work of Epilepsy Action, is auctioning several doodles from Harry Potter actors to raise money for the charity. Sean Biggerstaff (Oliver Wood), Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody), John Hurt (Ollivander), Adrian Rawlins (James Potter), Fiona Shaw (Mrs. Dursley), Mark Williams (Mr. Weasley), Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), and composer Patrick Doyle ("Goblet of Fire" soundtrack) have each donated a doodle and you can see their doodles here.

National Doodle Day, which is supported by Dodo Pad, publishers of the original family ‘doodle’ diary, is now in its tenth year. It aims to get as many people doodling as possible to help support the 600,000 people across the UK with epilepsy. The celebrity doodle eBay auction will begin on National Doodle Day (8 February) and will run for ten days until Sunday 17 February.

Over 1,000 celebrities have taken part in National Doodle Day since it began and members of the public can join them by doing their own doodle. This year, Epilepsy Action is inviting budding artists to ‘do a doodle, donate a pound’ with the chance of a prize for anyone taking part. Prizes for the best doodles will be awarded in three categories – seven years and under, 8-16 years and 17 years and over. The winning doodlers will receive up to £150 worth of arts and crafts vouchers and a 3D stuffed figure, custom-made to look exactly like their doodle courtesy of Lucy Moose. There is an additional competition for schools and colleges.

To find out more about National Doodle Day go here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

2013-07-19_113504_thumb

That is wonderful!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on January 24, 2013, 03:49 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Welcome back, Leaky! This is a nice story.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on January 24, 2013, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I think I shall doodle something on National Doodle Day! :) Perhaps one, Killian Jones. ;)

Posted by LunaLuver on January 25, 2013, 01:06 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I think I shall doodle something on National Doodle Day! :) Perhaps one, Captain Hook. ;)

Posted by LunaLuver on January 25, 2013, 01:07 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Hmm, posted twice while I was changing my post. Aw well, nice to Leaky is still Leaky. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on January 25, 2013, 01:11 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I am going to doodle the “DH1 is Here!” notice that just never seems to go away….

Posted by Won_Two on January 26, 2013, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

I have Sean Biggerstaff’s doodle from 2009. It’s one of my favorite possessions. If I told my husband how much I paid for it he would never forgive me!

Posted by AvanelleWood on January 28, 2013, 06:08 PM report to moderator

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."