Harry Potter Pez Dispensers to be Released in 2015

Misc
Posted by: Mel
June 02, 2013, 12:45 AM

Pez has announced that they will be collaborating with J. K. Rowling for a Harry Potter related line of Pez dispensers, which will be available in 2015:

"I’ll give you one for 2015," speaking about which new Pez dispensers are on the horizon. "It’s taken me about five years to get it. And that’s Harry Potter."  He didn't detail what it would look like only that "JK Rowling definitely will be involved.”

It typically takes about a year and a half and lots of planning to bring the 6.5 inch dispensers to life. From Mickey Mouse to Santa Claus and Darth Vader in between, the list of larger-than-life characters immortalized by the company is long.

Vittoria says they’ve already begun designing the Harry Potter dispensers.  Like other limited-edition sets, all 250,000 of the dispensers designed like the boy wizard will be numbered.

You can read more from the article here. Many thanks to SnitchSeeker for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Misc News

Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Yuck! That’s pathetic!

Posted by Graymayne on June 02, 2013, 06:59 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I had to look up ‘Pez dispenser’ on Google. They’re not a thing we have in the UK, and I can’t see what they have to do with Harry Potter.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on June 02, 2013, 10:50 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Oh, I think it’s cool! Pez dispensers are a popular type of collectible in the US, and very affordable upon initial issue (though the price goes way up on eBay later). Pez has been around since I was a kid – very much a pop culture icon of the Boomer generation, Stateside. The tiny sugar candies are shaped like bars of soap and taste a little tart. Early dispensers were mostly shaped like cartoon characters, and since then, limited-edition series have been issued for many a fandom. I nearly broke down and bought a LotR boxed set a couple of years ago – probably should have, since it would be worth way more now than the $20 or so that it was selling for in the local drugstore at the time. Anyway, it’s about time that there was a Harry Potter version!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on June 02, 2013, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

Cool! I have a few older Pez dispensers around the house. I’ve not bought any in sometime, but just may get an HP one. Depends on the detail.

Posted by Xyra44 on June 02, 2013, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Pez is a great American tradition, LOL! You know you’ve done well when you make it onto a Pez dispenser! :p They should be comical to look at it, if anything.

Posted by Mad But Happy on June 03, 2013, 02:21 AM report to moderator
Th_ravenclawawesome_thumb

Pez!! YES!! Ihope they make Hedwig and a cauldron!!

Posted by La La Toadstone =:) on June 03, 2013, 03:49 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

A Dobby head would be good, or Buckbeak. Hagrid would be funny. I’m not sure that I’d want to eat a Pez coming out of a Voldy or a Bellatrix or a Greyback. And I’m sure that Snape would find it way beneath his dignity to end up as a Pez dispenser. It would be especially macabre with him, since he died having his neck ripped open and the Pez pretty much pops out of the “neck” of the dispenser as the head is tipped back. So maybe poor Severus should get a pass on this one.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on June 03, 2013, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Potter Pez would be a big seller I should think…

Posted by Won_Two on June 05, 2013, 04:53 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

That be pretty cool. If they look alright I might purchase one or two.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 11, 2013, 12:29 AM report to moderator

"Awfully sorry, boys, but I'll have to put a Memory Charm on you now. Can't have you blabbing my secrets all over the place. I'd never sell another book --"[br]Harry reached his wand just in time. Lockhart had barely raised his, when Harry bellowed, [i]"E

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014