Small_thumb

That picture is eomthing. At Eight thirty we were ready with our candles and all of the lights in our house had been shut off. Nine thirty came and continued on it’s way and we had decided to just leave the lights closed for the rest of night. At around Eleven, my mother went and blew out the last candle upstairs before going to bed. my family is very concerned for these kind of things and we always do the most we can. I wish earth hour would be once a month. I wish it were a whole day instead of an hour. Nothing stops us from doing so anyhow. For once in my life, I would’ve liked to be living in a big city to witness others closing off all of their lights lat night. In a small town like mine, not much was done I am afraid.

Posted by Lady November on March 29, 2009, 08:02 PM
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I did participate! I was sleeping from 3PM to 8:33Pm so it was all dark when I woke up and I remembered it was Earth Hour so I groped around and danced from my iPod instead with my cat until 9:30PM but I never turned the lights back on until the next night. It was so cool that people from my flat participated too. I also hope it was once a month and for the entire day instead of just an hour and once a year. But I guess, in our own way we could do our part everyday by watching our use of energy; turning off lights and appliances when not in use and using candles when you could. Stuff like that. :)

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on March 30, 2009, 12:55 AM
Trees_thumb

My mum and I turned off the lights also, we lit candles and snuggled up beside a big fire. It’s great to hear of other people who did this too. I dont think many people in Northern Ireland heard about it but we told friends and we’ve decided to have an earth hour as often as possible. Saving money, saving electricty and of course saving the earth is vital, especially now.:)

Posted by meggieloo on March 30, 2009, 04:56 PM
Harry_potter_mug_thumb

I would have done it if i had known…
If it makes you feel better I lived without electricity this past weekend, I wasn’t home, but doing a reenactment where we lived like they did in the 1740s in St. Augustine.

Posted by felicitas on March 30, 2009, 11:14 PM
Dscn0756-1_thumb

Every year my family has a weekend ‘campout’ in which we use no electricity. We go all out and set up the tents, have a campfire, play games with one another, etc. All in all there are around 30 of us there (6 families), so five houses in complete darkness for the weekend. :-)

Posted by Shane [WBM] on March 31, 2009, 10:54 PM
Horst193920mxsmaller_thumb

Slept over at my friends and we used candles like all night… Woo! Environment!

Posted by dior-able on April 01, 2009, 04:39 AM
Ready to see Leaky in Color?