Wow, Jo Really Did A Great Job Did’nt She?

Posted by HarryPotterMuch? on June 20, 2009, 10:11 PM
Avatar_nerd_thumb

Dumbledore is truly an amazing character. All of my real life heroes have traits that compare to his. Thank you, Jo, for creating such an amazing person.

Posted by Imperiused! on June 21, 2009, 01:17 PM
Z_thumb

Great post! I love, love love the character of Albus Dumbledore. As far as I’m concerned, Dumbly is most definitely a cultural icon, who will not only hold a place in my mind for years to come, but a place in my heart as well.

Posted by Oxymoronic on June 21, 2009, 02:13 PM
For_leaky_thumb

Dumbledore did mean alot to me as, as you said, the things he teaches his students are life lessons not just magic. I have read the Half-Blood Prince many times and cry every time when that scene takes place. However i don’t just cry then, i can cry for a while after, so hurt and sad that I would never read more of his wisdom again :(

Posted by Sammysaint on June 21, 2009, 05:59 PM
Me_thumb

Dumbldore is one of my fave literary characters too. Jo did a wonderful job making him a multi-dimensional persona.

Thanks everyone

Posted by Doris on June 22, 2009, 01:29 AM
Mendel_thumb

Yes, Dumbledore is a fictional character. But, what he has spawned in the real world is what makes him a cultural icon. If it hadn’t been for Dumbledore’s Army, there wouldn’t be a Harry Potter Alliance. Through this fictional character, we see that change CAN be affected; that fighting back is NOT futile; that truth CAN win out… as long as you have love in your heart and friends by your side, you can change the world.

Posted by maxteachLairyFights on June 22, 2009, 02:14 PM
Hermione_thumb

Cool blog.
Dumbledore was a great character and he made a big impact on the reader.

Posted by The Half-Blood Princess on June 23, 2009, 04:27 AM
Me_thumb

Thanks guys -

Max you are right fighting back isn’t futile, and it’s what we all have to do sometimes. Dumbledore has been an awesome influence on so many of us.

Posted by Doris on June 23, 2009, 07:06 AM
48413_in_l_thumb

Dumbledore was such a wealth of knowledge, not just about magic, but about life in general. Very inspiring!

Posted by emmalinnankivi on June 23, 2009, 10:05 AM
Wand_thumb

Chesterton, Campbell, Rowling—I love your taste in writers!

Posted by wordsaremagic on June 24, 2009, 02:46 PM
Me_thumb

We are lucky to have one worth admiring. It’s great to see so many people reaching out and embracing the lessons learned in this stories. Thanks everyone!

Posted by Doris on June 24, 2009, 09:50 PM
Mms_picture_thumb

Dumbledore has always fascinated me. And I found it interesting at how real he seemed. I feel like he’s a kind of grandfather to me. You’re not alone Doris, we all admire fictional characters; lucky for us, we have found one worth admiring.

Posted by Kaylie Marie [FTC!] on June 25, 2009, 08:17 AM
Hermione_thumb

i have so many dumbledore sayings (twitter didnt work for me so im leaving mine here)

to the well-organized mind death is but the next great adventure

call him voldemort,harry.always use the proper name for things.fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.

the truth. it is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.

it was agony to touch a person marked with something so good.

the question is not who. the question is how?

you will find that i only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me. you will also find that help shall be givin at hogwarts to those who ask for it.

my sorce tells me hes hiding in a forest in albania.

it is our choices, harry, that show what we truly are far more than our abilitys.

only a true griffiondor could have pulled that ouut of the hat harry.

what we need is more time.

you think the dead we loved ever truly leave us… your father is alive in you.

in a way you did see your father last night…. you found him inside you

and so much more i still have about 7 more pages of dumbledore qsayings.
Posted by hermioneginny122 on June 28, 2009, 07:04 AM
Me_thumb

Thanks for adding in your favorite quotes. I have so many quotes that I love. It’s amazing how one fictional character can impart so much wisdom.

Posted by Doris on June 29, 2009, 01:25 PM
208389_1809752216631_1624741607_1810808_1202878_n_thumb

This was awesome. Dumbledore is an AMAZING person who I learned a lot from.
Thanks, Jo, for creating such an admirable and witty character that we can all look up to. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore lives on!

Posted by sleepyhead on June 30, 2009, 02:54 AM
Ready to see Leaky in Color?