I could not agree more. The cuts in education are very concerning.

Posted by Hufflepuff31 on March 07, 2011, 09:50 PM
Luna_lovegood_by_leelakin_thumb

I do want to help. Thanks for the memo. I had no idea it was the people who need education the most who were being cut out. Transportaion should be the one cut; we can ride bicylces! (Won’t work for alot, I know, but it’s worth a shot for alot of people!)

Posted by Tunyevens on March 11, 2011, 11:03 PM
Ravenclaw_badge_avatar_picture_51397_thumb

The way they keep cutting budgets, the children of the future will not have and of the opportunities that I had whilst at school, even after I left school. They also say that grades are low in schools as it is, so it will just get worse.

Posted by Garfiun on March 12, 2011, 06:24 AM
Vdpqtmg_thumb

Cutting budgets! I can’t believe it, last time I checked a child’s education and health came first before all else and now they’re cutting budgets. What the hell is going on here. I mean to me it sounds like pretty soon we’re all going to be homeless and only because they wanted to cut funds. Get real.

Posted by Acciobrooms on March 13, 2011, 02:38 PM
Img_0020_thumb

How terrible! If only the world’s leaders were more Dumbledore-esque this sort of thing wouldn’t have to happen… But thankfully there are people in the world like yourself who care enough to draw our attention to these things.

Posted by ladydars on March 14, 2011, 10:18 PM

I agree with everything in this article.I am so glad you wrote this. Kids should get a lot of education when young, or they will not be prepared for later in life. Budget cuts are cuts that hurt our kids, their education. I would love to read other comments about this to see what others think.

Posted by HogwartsLover on March 15, 2011, 08:29 PM
Hp_thumb

im totallly with this!!

Posted by Giselle on March 17, 2011, 04:20 AM
Me_thumb

One of the most frustrating this for me is the amount of money we spend on some crazy things, and how little we spend on our childrens’ education. The bad thing is, wealthy kids have parents who will send them to private schools to make up for the difference. The poor kids, who really need the help that public education affords them will be the ones to miss out.

Posted by Doris on March 19, 2011, 12:14 PM
Shoes_thumb

This problem has been happening over and over, and it’s almost as if the government doesn’t realize that it’s just making everything worse. No one wants to take money from other areas that make us go into extreme debt ahem—weapons—ahem, because they clearly see that as more important. But I’ve seen first-hand the entire fine arts department of a school taken from a public school. I wouldn’t have even attended my high school if I couldn’t be in band, choir, and art, and help in speech, plays, and musicals. Is there even a point in going to school after that? I mean, other than the social interaction, and the pathetic excuse for public education?

Posted by Orb_Manson on March 24, 2011, 05:44 PM
Me_thumb

And most students love school because of the love of those classes. It’s a shame it’s come to this it really is. While I know the budget is tight, I just feel that cutting these important programs and taking books from the hands of our poor children will be a huge disservice. We’ll be paying for this mistake all of our lives.

Posted by Doris on March 25, 2011, 07:35 PM
Shoes_thumb

I think you mean the students will be suffering from it for all their lives. v.v

Posted by Orb_Manson on March 25, 2011, 08:49 PM

Hey Dorris,
This is so strange, because I just recently wrote an article about the same idea. http://uncomfortablehug.com/2011/03/hogwarts-drops-%E2%80%9Cdefense-against-the-dark-arts%E2%80%9D-classes-due-to-budget-cuts/
Hogwarts Drops “Defense Against the Dark Arts” Classes Due to Budget Cuts.

I agree that the current budget cuts to those who would lead our country are disgraceful. Really, in my opinion, we have big corporations only pushing their agendas in government right now, so why should they care about our kids education? They don’t want our kids to be better educated because then that’s more power to the people.
Anyway, thanks for your post.

Posted by Uncomfortable Hug on March 27, 2011, 10:57 PM
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Congratulations on speaking out on this important issue. If Education neeeds are not properly financed it short changes all citizens. It is no wonder that China is surpassing the Western World in science just now! Education needs to stop being funded locally and instead be funded nationally or on a state by state basis. Not every local area can provide enough funds to meet the needs of its citizens!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on March 29, 2011, 10:39 AM
Dsc02812__2__thumb

Thank you, for posting this very important message. I think many folks do not truly understand what some of these cuts mean – especially if they do not directly affect you. Appreciate not only your voice, but also your action & assistance to encourage others to action as well!

Posted by Lillylove on March 29, 2011, 07:04 PM

I totally loved this!

Posted by Aylla Sousa on April 06, 2011, 06:03 PM
Ready to see Leaky in Color?