LeakyNews.com

Rumblings on Possible Casting for Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows and More

DH Film
March 07, 2009, 12:34 PM

We have some interesting rumblings today regarding possible castings for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rumors have reached our ears that Domhnall Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody) will be portraying Bill Weasley in the final Harry Potter films. You can see a photo of Domhnall here. Domhnall Gleeson is an upcoming actor, known in the theater world having received a Tony nomination in 2006 for his work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore.  Also word is that the role of Mundungus Fletcher has also been cast, but there is no actor's name available as of yet.

Please note: As fans will recall, we had heard from actress Clemence Poesy last year that her character of Fleur was not to be in Half-Blood Prince, but remained uncertain if she was to be back for Deathly Hallows. We do not know if the rumor of a possible casting of Bill Weasely indicates the wedding scene may be in or simply just Shell cottage, or what all of this may mean, thus, we do caution to please treat this very much as a rumor for now. As always, we are working to find out more on this, and will update with more when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

2zpr1ao_thumb

cool! he looks like a bill to me… =]
first?

Posted by Dobbyrox [WBM] on March 07, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator

i think domhnall would be good! ive heard a few things about him over here in ireland and nothing bad.

Posted by Celtise [TTW] on March 07, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

cool!

Playermodel

wow just saw a picture of Domhnall and he’s very similar to the way i imagined bill when i read the books.
As for fleur I’m kind of disappointed that she won’t be back for the 6th film, I’m sure it would have been funny to see Ron goof up around her.

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on March 07, 2009, 12:45 PM report to moderator
2zpr1ao_thumb

cool! he looks like a bill to me… =]
first?

Posted by Dobbyrox [WBM] on March 07, 2009, 12:47 PM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

Great. . . . Father n son workin together. . . .

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 07, 2009, 12:51 PM report to moderator
Freddie7_thumb

I can see him as Bill. Now I hope the part with the seven Harry’s makes the cut. It would be interesting to see how that plays out.

Posted by Silvia aka Ninotsjka on March 07, 2009, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Oh wow. He would be a good Bill actually. I hope he’s cast !

Posted by Christine on March 07, 2009, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Hobgoblin13_thumb

I hope he is bill, he’s just how i imagined him! =]

Posted by Hobgoblin 13 on March 07, 2009, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Lljkl_thumb

looks gr8! im so glad we got the 2 part film…this has allowed them to do so much more!!! :D

Posted by Bob1022 on March 07, 2009, 12:57 PM report to moderator
Janeaustenfont_thumb

He looks good…quite close to the way I’d imagined Bill! It’s fun to hear all these casting snippets coming out for Deathly Hallows, hopefully we’ll get a nice detailed movie with very few cuts, specially since it’s split into two parts!
Squee, I’m excited!!

Posted by Prenz13 on March 07, 2009, 12:57 PM report to moderator

It would be great if that weddding made the cut for DH1. It´s been too long since Clémence Poésy was in the HP movies. :)

Posted by Fonty on March 07, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Dsc00592_thumb

He looks like a good Bill. I can’t see them cutting Shell Cottage, it’s too important, but I don’t have high hopes for the wedding being shown.

Posted by Fuchsia [ROAR!] on March 07, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
C_01_thumb

That sounds cool, I think he looks like Bill. I hope this falls through and I hope they bring back Clemence Poesy and don’t cast some random chick. They cant do that D;

I won’t get my hopes up for any of this to be true. I hope it is.

Posted by Rose on March 07, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_03_thumb

He looks like how I’ve pictured Bill while reading the books. I do hope the wedding scene makes it into the movie, I know they won’t cut Shell Cottage but I hope with DH being made into two movies then they won’t have to cut too much out.

Posted by Gryffindorprincess09 on March 07, 2009, 01:06 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?