LeakyNews.com

Followup on Jamie Waylett Case: Sentenced to Community Service (Updated)

Legal
July 21, 2009, 07:43 AM

A followup today regarding the legal case involving actor Jamie Waylett (Crabbe), who earlier this month plead guilty to growing cannabis plants at a residence in London, England. Today, the AP reports that Jamie was sentenced to to 120 hours of community service. The report continues:  Judge Timothy Workman said Tuesday that he accepted that the cultivation was on a small scale and for Waylett's own use. He said the actor had been, "until now, a man of good character."
UPDATE: The BBC has more now on the matter, including a message from Jamie: "Leaving the court, Waylett said: "I extend my sincere apologies to the producers, cast and crew and all at Warners and most especially to all Harry Potter fans."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

250px-youre-a-wizard

I wish, His case will be Ok and He will realize what he did is wrong.

I can’t accept if his character in (Final) HP films will be portray by another actor…

His character is too important in the Finale…

Posted by EnricoDc on July 21, 2009, 07:56 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

By the way, Today is his Birthday…

So Happy Birthday to him! =)

Posted by EnricoDc on July 21, 2009, 07:57 AM report to moderator
Lunagreen_thumb

I think this is a great birthday present! I thought it was sad that the trial was scheduled on his b-day. Community service will be good… i think that punishment should be used for minor offenders more often. It benefits everyone far more than unproductive incarceration.
And yes! he has to be in DH! I was glad he was going to finally get more than 2 lines in ascene! :)

Posted by Flora Lovegood {<3WBM<3} on July 21, 2009, 08:08 AM report to moderator

Happy Birthday to Jamie. I think this is a good “punishment” for what he did. Not only will he be helping the communtiy, he will also be helping himself by realizing that what he did wasn’t the smartest option he could have chosen.

Posted by elaphantluv34 on July 21, 2009, 08:23 AM report to moderator
Omt1_thumb

I hate it when negative news shows up about ‘our’ folks. I hope Jamie will make the best of the mercy of the judge.

OMT

Posted by OldMrToad on July 21, 2009, 08:23 AM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

I’m really happy he doesn’t have to go to jail, not only cause he’s an HP actor, but I think this kind of ‘crime’ isn’t something you should go to jail for (maybe that’s because of soft drugs is legal here in the Netherlands).

Anyway, I’m glad he can still shoot the DH scenes <3

Posted by Niphai on July 21, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

i think its so sad to see a young actor go down the wrong path. he will find his way again :D

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on July 21, 2009, 08:38 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I think that’s a fair sentence, given Britain’s laws – and it doesn’t punish HP fans, because he can still be in the movies.

What’s really interesting to American fans is that he’s the only young HP actor who’s gotten caught doing anything “improper” or illegal. Here, our child actors get so much attention and so little maturing time that they grow up to be spoiled, thinking the world revolves around them. When they reallize it doesn’t (and never did), too many of them get caught for drug involvement, drunk driving, outrageous public behavior – it’s sad. But with the HP kids, it’s only this one who’s been caught doing anything reprehensible – and only on a very small scale! Way to go, Hogwarts students! (and Dudley, as a matter of fact!)

Posted by Agrippa1 on July 21, 2009, 08:44 AM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

A good outcome. I just hope this will get him back on to the straight and narrow.

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on July 21, 2009, 08:44 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_thumb

happy bday to Jamie i hope to see him in the final films! go slytherins!

Posted by BellatrixGranger on July 21, 2009, 08:46 AM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

He is very lucky! Still hope he doesn’t come back thought…. but maybe it is just me…

Posted by Carol Carvalho on July 21, 2009, 08:59 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Happy Birthday Jamie!!!!!!! Really glad that the punishment wasn’t severe.. He will be able to help the community atleast…

Posted by vandy[FTC] on July 21, 2009, 09:00 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

That wasnt that bad.

Posted by The Nerd on July 21, 2009, 09:24 AM report to moderator
11723820-5b9d22023dddf8a43ff58441c54cbe16

Complete and utter crap. Nice to see the UK is just as uncivilized as the US when it comes to pot. I say give him a medal.

Posted by Mobius on July 21, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator
Araneus_diadematus_thumb

Good that the knife charge wasn’t on him… if it was, I’d have a hard time saying “what’s the big deal” like I say about simple “pot” possession.

Posted by Caracticus on July 21, 2009, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?