LeakyNews.com

Harrods Exclusive Box Set of Harry Potter DVDs Require Safe Keeping Before Release

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Edward
November 29, 2011, 11:15 AM

The Evening Standard is reporting that higher levels of security were required this morning at the iconic British retailer Harrods as they took stock of 300 Elder Wand DVD Box Set of all eight Harry Potter films.  The paper explains:

Muggles are so desperate to get their hands on the sets, which include a copy of Dumbledore's wand and DVDs of all eight Harry Potter films, that they were placed in the Harrods Safe Deposit underneath the famous store. Dating from 1896, the Safe Deposit is almost as impenetrable as the goblin bank.
Harrods will be hosting a special event on December 1st with a number of cast members from the Harry Potter films including James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), Jessie Cave (Lavender Brown) and Warwick Davis (Flitwick/Griphook) prior to the DVDs UK release on December 2nd.  For the event, the Standard continues, "Harrods has transformed its third floor into a real-life Diagon Alley complete with original props and costumes from the films, including Hogwarts school uniforms, Hermione's dresses and the sword of Gryffindor."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Raven_avatar_thumb

I’m sorry but I cannot help but find this very amusing!

Posted by Won_Two on November 29, 2011, 01:12 PM report to moderator
Assassin_of_the_tsar_thumb

I wished I was in London!! :’/ This is so unfair!!!!

Posted by Milla Aiko Indie on November 29, 2011, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Assassin_of_the_tsar_thumb

I wished I was in London!! :’/ This is so unfair!!!!

Posted by Milla Aiko Indie on November 29, 2011, 03:02 PM report to moderator
Assassin_of_the_tsar_thumb

I wished I was in London!! :’/ This is so unfair!!!!

Posted by Milla Aiko Indie on November 29, 2011, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Assassin_of_the_tsar_thumb

Sorry for tripple post! ithe internett freaked out!

Posted by Milla Aiko Indie on November 29, 2011, 03:05 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I wish I was in London, this would be so amazing to see!!!! =D

Posted by LunaLuver on November 29, 2011, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Very amazing.

Posted by Girlraven1 on November 29, 2011, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Awemygash! That is so awesome! I wanted that kind of box set! But anyway, so jealous of the Britons! I want to be there so much!

Posted by lovelle on November 29, 2011, 06:28 PM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr why oh why could i not live in england?? this is soooooo unfair!

Posted by the mudblood princess:)/ginnylove101 {WBM}=:) on November 29, 2011, 06:38 PM report to moderator

THAT’S AWESOME!!! Man, I envy those who get to go! >.<

Posted by . on November 29, 2011, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I wish I could apparate there :<

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 29, 2011, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

omg im so jealous!!! I wanna go!!

Posted by sboyer06 on November 29, 2011, 08:22 PM report to moderator

70 percent of the time these events are in the US, 30% in the UK……….why can’t they ever be in Europe? :P

Posted by chrissiexoxo on November 30, 2011, 02:52 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

THAT’S AWESOME!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on November 30, 2011, 04:28 AM report to moderator

That third floor sounds amazing! I wish I could go!

Posted by jenbabe705 on November 30, 2011, 08:57 AM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?