LeakyNews.com

Harry Potter Book Series Joining Amazon.com's Kindle Owners' Lending Library

Books
Posted by: Edward
May 10, 2012, 10:59 AM

All seven Harry Potter books by author J. K. Rowling will soon be available on Amazon.com's Kindle Owners' Lending Library, where owners of the eBook device can borrow select titles right to their Kindle device without actually purchasing the book.  Set to be available June 19th, Amazon.com will be releasing the books in multiple languages, including English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.  The press release reads:

"We're absolutely delighted to have reached this agreement with Pottermore. This is the kind of significant investment in the Kindle ecosystem that we’ll continue to make on behalf of Kindle owners," said Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com. "Over a year, borrowing the Harry Potter books, plus a handful of additional titles, can alone be worth more than the $79 cost of Prime or a Kindle. The Kindle Owners' Lending Library also has an innovative feature that’s of great benefit for popular titles like Harry Potter – unlimited supply of each title – you never get put on a waiting list.”
The Kindle Owners' Lending Library now features over 145,000 books to borrow for free, including over 100 current and former New York Times Best Sellers.  With traditional library lending, the library buys a certain number of eBook copies of a particular title. If all of those are checked out, readers have to get on a waiting list. For popular titles like Harry Potter, the wait can sometimes be months. With the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, there are no due dates, books can be borrowed as frequently as once a month, and there are no limits on how many people can simultaneously borrow the same title—so readers never have to wait in line for the book they want.
Just as with any other Kindle book, your notes, highlights and bookmarks in borrowed books will be saved, so you’ll have them later if you purchase or re-borrow the book. Books are borrowed from a Kindle device, and customers can have one book out at a time. When customers want to borrow a new book, any borrowed book can easily be returned right from their device.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

The_wanted_comic_relief_thumb

Th just makes me want a kinlde even more! Although I’ll always love the old fashioned book. XD

Posted by Grindylow_101: Avis Mauvais Malfoy=:) on May 10, 2012, 11:16 AM report to moderator
The_wanted_comic_relief_thumb

Oops..I meant to write kindle. XD

Posted by Grindylow_101: Avis Mauvais Malfoy=:) on May 10, 2012, 11:17 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

This is a good thing that has been a long time coming… Glad to see it!

Posted by Won_Two on May 10, 2012, 02:12 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I still prefer an actually book. I was just at the library yesterday and came home with a whole stack of books. Kindles havent interested me, by I am starting to be wooed by nooks. Merlin help me! =P

Posted by LunaLuver on May 10, 2012, 05:51 PM report to moderator

Still love my real books! Nook and Kindle are not on my must have list. Hope they never willl be.

Posted by hewy on May 10, 2012, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Photo_080206_009_thumb

Regular authors can only get their ebooks in Kindle Lending Library if they agree to distribute EXCLUSIVELY on Kindle. No Nook or smashwords or any other ebook source. Since Jo Rowling has her own distribution network on Pottermore, the rigid Amazon rules obviously don’t apply to her. Good for her, but it would be great if Amazon was nicer to the rest of us.

Posted by Didir on May 10, 2012, 11:40 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

I definitely prefer books…Who doesn’t?

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on May 11, 2012, 01:58 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Is it only the USA Amazon kindle or UK Amazon kindle too?

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 11, 2012, 06:26 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I have a Nook and love it. I still have all my paper books and plan to keep them. But when I am travelling or going for a mocha, my Nook is much easier. I’m curious why this is only a deal with the Kindle and not the other eBooks out there. Seems a bit unfair. Especially since I purchased all the 7 Harry Potter eBooks and part of the deal is that after I download it onto 8 different devices, I will have to purchase the books again. I guess I don’t understand how any money is made when someone just “borrows” the book from Amazon.

Posted by Eeyore on May 11, 2012, 01:09 PM report to moderator

Hey guyz!

I found a good site for downloading free kindle books:

There are loads more ebooks there, you should also follow the blog:

Posted by omega123 on November 29, 2012, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?