JKR Gives New Epilogue Type Information During “Today Show” Interview

113

Jul 26, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

In the first of a two part interview seen on NBC‘s the “Today Show,” author J.K. Rowling gave some wonderful new “Deathly Hallows”epilogue type information, where she revealed jobs and more for certain characters in the Harry Potter series. The interview was conducted in Edinburgh Castle in Scotland and featured children asking Jo a number of questions,with answers sure to please what Jo described as her obsessive fans (and she says she likes that we are obsessive!) Other comments from Jo include reflections on how hard it was to write some of the deaths and more. You can now read these most wonderful, yet VERY SPOILER filled details from Jo, here in this article that is now online. The video clip can also be viewed, here.
Update: The video is also available for download here in our galleries. Please note you will also be able to watch a special one hour episode featuring much of this same material this Sunday during the Dateline NBC program.

11 Responses to JKR Gives New Epilogue Type Information During “Today Show” Interview

Avatar Image says:

I loved reading this. I understand why she had to be vague, and I agree an epilouge with too much info would be too “neat”. but, I have to admit, a part of me did want to know every little detail =)

Avatar Image says:

Aaw, nothing about George..:-/ although there was some interesting information!

Avatar Image says:

I was hoping too for a detailed epilgue of every character, but the one she wrote was really different and i quite enjoyed that fog senstaion she said she wanted us to have.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, a whole hour on Dateline Sunday. That should be really nice. What an awesome interview in 2 parts. Wow, crazy to think that Mr. Weasley was going to get the axe in book 5. Glad she saved him. Ron Rules!!!

Avatar Image says:

Honestly, I loved the epilogue (although I think that Albus Severus Potter is an AWFUL name. I Albus Potter sounds okay, but Albus Severus Potter nearly made me vomit). I think that if it was extremely detailed, and told what happened to every other character, I would be even more depressed that the series is over. At least we have more information to look forward to.

Avatar Image says:

I feel stupid saying this, but I actually feel releaved knowing the extra stuff. Im such a nerd that if I dont have details I’ll never feel fully satisfied. THANKYOU Leaky for putting this up. I can move on. Now we can just wait for the encyclopedia!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Sorry to post again but I wanted to say that Im soooo glad Mr Weasley got the reprieve. I think Mrs Weasley losing Fred and Mr Weasley would push her over the edge! Look what she did to Bellatrix! As a Mum myself, I would’ve done the same.

Best line in the book, “Thats my daughter you *! You will hurt no more children!”

Dont mess with Mum’s!

Avatar Image says:

first. so glad mr. weasely lived. second. love mrs. weasley’s line. third. love the epilogue and the kids’ names… fourth. glad to know who victoire is… was getting a lil worried trying to figure out how she fit in. fifth. harry as head of auror office is BRILLIANT!

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

WOW!! but that stinks that she had nothing about George….I’m in love with all those Weasley men ; )

and yes, I am one of those who will not be satisfied until I know the middle names of all of Harry’s ancestors. :P

Avatar Image says:

I almost died when I read Mrs. Weasley’s line (not my daughter, you *!) priceless. it was absolutely amazing, but it would have been nice for neville to have the final word on bella. i would love some more info about the malfoys, they are the most deliciously evil people i’ve ever read. :) particlarly narcissa…even tho shes an evil woman, she does love her son and husband…

Avatar Image says:

Ok so I watched all the clips on there and I guess I missed the part where she explains who victoire is could someone fill me in?

Write a Reply or Comment