Additional Information on “Order of the Phoenix” DVD Bonus Features

202

Oct 16, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The British Board of Film Classification has updated their site with the run times on two of the features to be included on the OotP DVD:

• The Rebellion Begins” which runs 23m 10s and includes interviews with Daniel Radcliffe, Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman.
  • Fulfilling a Prophecy” which runs 13m 0s and is based on the HBO special look at the fifth movie.
  • In addition to this, Amazon now has more information on the specific special features to be included on the various DVDs in the special Box Set that is due out on December 11 (November 12 in the UK). We can expect the following:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
    2001 International TV Special: A Glimpse Into the World of Harry Potter Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    2002 HBO First Look Special: Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets Revealed

• Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    2004 HBO First Look Special: Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban: Something Wicked This Way Comes
    2004 ABC Special: The Making of Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban Interview with Alfonso Cuaron (in Spanish, subtitled)

• Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    2005 ITV/Granada Special: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire: Behind the Magic
    2005 ITV/Granada Special: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire: Some Animal Magic
    2005 HBO First Look Special: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire: Dark Matters, New Masters

• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    2007 International TV Special: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix: The Rebellion Begins
    2007 HBO First Look Special: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix: Fulfilling a Prophecy
  • The various Harry Potter DVDs which are to be released in a High Definition format arel available for pre-order via our Cauldron Shop.

29 Responses to Additional Information on “Order of the Phoenix” DVD Bonus Features

Avatar Image says:

Is the interview on the standard DVD? If it is, then yay!!

Avatar Image says:

I see stuff like this and can only think “How much cooler will the complete 7 movie package be?”

I think I will wait for then.

Avatar Image says:

I’m with kneazlebait—I really want this, but just think what the set of seven will be like!

Avatar Image says:

The 7-set is way too far off for me. I’ll play Super Consumer and buy whatever there is as soon as it comes out.

Avatar Image says:

I enjoyed the first two movies, but I have been so disappointed in all the others. The books are much better. I wish the movies had followed the books much more closely. After all, Peter Jackson made “The Lord of the Rings” without changing a lot of the plot. Please give us movies that follow the books without changing the details. Thanks.

Diane

Avatar Image says:

...and Lord of the Rings turned out to be the three biggest bores of my life.

Avatar Image says:

Also, Jackson dismissed Potter as being “good for kids”. I don’t know why people keep wanting someone like that. I also don’t see what vital things the HP movies have kept out. Whatever they need for DH, they can easily do differently or fix it in HBP.

Avatar Image says:

There’s nothing special about those bonus features. I think I’m just going to wait until they release all 7 of them. But the HD and Blu-ray versions of movies 1-5 are going to have really cool extras. There will be commentaries and alot of interviews with the cast and outtakes and bloopers. I’m definitely going to buy all of those.

Avatar Image says:

Hey, Alan Rickman does some stuff for The Rebellion Begins! He normally doesn’t have much on the special features! Goodie! And it says the interviews for that piece included Radcliffe and Oldman. I wonder if they are the only ones in the interview or if there are others? I was going to say, 23 minutes of just those three sounds like loads of fun!

Avatar Image says:

Whohoo, interview with Alan Rickman! It’s great hearing from him, cause he doesn’t usually talk about Harry Potter.

Avatar Image says:

SQUEE! Alan Rickman is doing stuff! jumps around in a circle!

Avatar Image says:

God, I hate the WB. I’m so sick of their sub-standard Potter DVDs.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I’m looking forward to hearing from Rickman too – Now I think on it, I don’t think I ever saw an interview with him before… :/

And, just my opinion, I really love all the movies! They’re fun, and most of the characters, especially the ones played by adult actors, are just as I imagined them. Of course they don’t have all the stuff from the books in. If they did, they would be soooo long and yawn as movies. -_

Avatar Image says:

yeah, they will be long and boring by keeping details that benefit the books but are pointless in the movies.

Avatar Image says:

An interview with Alan Rickman?! Seriously?! Wow, that like never happens! XD I’m glad, I can’t wait to buy that darn DVD! :D

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know if they are going to have the 20 min 3-D version? Included on the DVD.

Avatar Image says:

What about the dvd commentary from Dumbledore’s army? Who exactly will be commenting? Is it the sextet?

Avatar Image says:

Hello—Faramir? Scouring of the Shire? Tom Bombadil?

Avatar Image says:

And of course the books are better. They always are. But I still like the films.

Avatar Image says:

Why is it Warner Brother’s hates the united states. is it because we account for a third of the harry potter books sold and ususally a 4th to a 3rd of the movie tickets sold for the films?

why do we have to wait a whole month after practically everyone else to get the dvd. this month long wait will offically make this movie the most pirated dvd in the history of cinima.

Avatar Image says:

Now if the Cauldron Shop only had an HD-DVD or Blu-Ray DVD player for a reasonable price…

I still haven’t figured out why one would purchase a ‘Boxed Set’ of an incomplete series of films.. I’ll be waiting for all seven to be released before I buy the set.

And by then, perhaps the prices of the High Definition players will have dropped.

OMT

Avatar Image says:

I would love to see them come out with the extended versions of the movies. In the past when they have been shown on TV they sometimes include “deleted” scenes, which I really enjoy. I would like to see extended versions of all of them!

Avatar Image says:

The interviews that they’re talking about with Daniel, Alan, and Gary Oldman isn’t going to be the three of them sitting in a room together and talking about the movie. That’s probably going to be a featurette that will include little snippets of the three of them talking about the movie. Alan Rickman will probably only be on one part or something like that. But I haven’t ever heard him talk about Harry Potter in an interview, so it will be interesting to see him in an interview for once.

Avatar Image says:

WOOOT!!alan rickman’s interview!!!Then it’s worth buying…............I think this DVD looks amazing except for the deleted scenes….....

Avatar Image says:

Sounds great, but I’m more interested in the sneak peek of HBP that’s on the 2 disc DVD (hopefully it’s on the UK version).

Avatar Image says:

I have the same question as the first person is this interview with them and these two special features included in just the ordinary dvd?

Avatar Image says:

Nope. The ordinary dvd doesn’t have any special features. It’s just the dvd. All the special features come on the second disc. So you would have to buy the 2-disc special edition version. There are completely different special features on the HD and blu-ray dvds. I think there’s a cast commentary on the HD dvd. And there’s also an interview with Dumbledore’s Army on one of the editions.

Avatar Image says:

Is it only those 3? I mean, it’s a real treat with AR because he would never say anything at all about Snape or HP in general before book 7 because JKR told him too much about his character. But we always hear from Dan, and we heard from Gary Oldman on PoA. It seems like other 2 disc special dvds always have more behind the scenes footage. Almost every reg. dvd has something besides the movie on it, even if it’s just five minutes of bloopers.

Avatar Image says:

Only boring people get bored.

Write a Reply or Comment