New FAO Schwarz Harry Potter Plush Creature Collection and More

Oct 17, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Looking for a unique gift this holiday season for that hard to please Harry Potter fan in your life? Famed toy seller FAO Schwarz has now unveiled a special “Harry Potter Plush Creature Collection” that just may be the answer.

For those wanting their own dragon, perhaps this Hungarian Horntail is the one for you. 145 inches in length, and weighing 155 pounds, this dragon is available at the cost of $2,400, however no gift wrap is available.

Not in the mood for a dragon, then perhaps a spider is more to your liking. The replica of Aragog, the giant man-eating spider who lived in the Forbidden Forest ,is also available. This furry fellow is 66 inches long and retails for $595.

Other creatures include a beautiful Buckbeak ($695), Hedwig ($255) and Fawkes the Phoenix ($255). Keeping guard over these creatures is of course, gentle Fluffy, the monsterous three-headed dog that Hagrid arranged to guard the Sorcerer’s Stone. The three-headed dog toy stands 60 inches tall and retails for $695.

Keeping on the Potter watch, Noble Collection has added even more new products to the ones we told you about last week. New are the Fred and George Weasley Wand Collection, Sorcerer’s Stone, a Sorcerer’s Stone Pendant, a Firebolt Broom Pen, Brooms Bookmarks set of three, Dumbledore’s Army Set of six wands including Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ginny Weasley wands, Death Eater Mask Collection, and finally Gryffindor and Slytherin Silver Tankards. We will update you once these become available in our Cauldron Shop.

25 Responses to New FAO Schwarz Harry Potter Plush Creature Collection and More

Avatar Image says:

Beautiful, especially Buckbeak. But simply unaffordable. Who pays such prices?????

Avatar Image says:

wow….......ummmmm…........i dont know what to say????...they would probably be cooler if they didnt cost as much

Avatar Image says:

Sigh … well, my birthday is coming up, but I don’t think anybody would be willing to buy me anything that expensive … why can’t Harry Potter merchandise be affordable? :(

Avatar Image says:

These look wicked awesome, but who in their right mind would pay $500 or more for a stuffed animal?

I like the Fluffy one…

Avatar Image says:

Please, please, please, someone make my numbers win on the Lotto! I want at least one of each, especially the Horntail and Aragog! I’d have Aragog be my favorite place to lounge and watch TV! Or read my HP books!

Avatar Image says:

okay, so we have a life-sized dragon. when does the life-sized Lucius come?!

Avatar Image says:

They are VERY cool. In fact, I’ve been trying to get my husband to let me have the ‘Hungarian Horntail’ (we’d have to take everything out of the dining room to fit!) But, alas….....last week they sold out! If you check the FAO Swartz website, you can see when they all ship. That’s where I found out the dragon had sold out:(

Avatar Image says:

Gryffindor and Slytherin silver tankards. They’re nice. But you know what? I’M ANNOYED THEY ALWAYS LEAVE OUT RAVENCLAW AND HUFFLEPUFF, dammit!

Avatar Image says:

Forgetmenot: Who pays such prices? People with WAY too much money and not enough to spend it on! And,Ryan: I agree! Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw should have a “spot” too! They are “the Forgotten Houses”

Oh, if I was rich….This stuff is awesome. :D

Avatar Image says:

okay, so we have a life-sized dragon. when does the life-sized Lucius come?!

:) Posted by Haley on October 17, 2007 @ 06:31 PM

And then the life-sized Snape! L@L

Avatar Image says:

I have to say, if I were to pay such prices, I’d expect them to look EXACTLY as they do in the film. Not like cheap plush toys I could build myself.

Disappointing.

Sue, you crack me up!

Avatar Image says:

They look nice, but anyone who buys one of them has more money than sense!!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve been curious for a while as to why Ty or some other company has not made plush animals to represent the 4 houses. I had to go to E-bay for a plush badger (and it’s a North American one). I’ve seen plush snakes, lions and eagles (bald ones), but not ones specifically made to represent Hogwarts houses.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, there is way too many wands at noble collection like 30. Thats is so much. Man, I wish I won the lotto.

Avatar Image says:

The more I come to think of it, I would like Buckbeak. I just haveto find the space to put him and someone to sponsor it ;c)

I wonder how many animals they are going to sell. I know that there are enough people who have “more money than sense” as Becca put it, but still.

Avatar Image says:

Umm did anyone else notice Fawkes the BIRD? BIRD? And the Hungarian Horntail’s just a lizard, is it?

Also- Philosopher’s Stone!! blows raspberries at Noble

Avatar Image says:

Man, Aragog is creepy… doesn’t like spiders but Hedwig is too cute!

hahaha they’re HUGE!

Avatar Image says:

Well, I’m off to go tap into my college savings account in order to buy one of the creatures (and a room to put it in).

Avatar Image says:

Wow…just WOW…I think my christmas list is longer than a basalisk now! I need money! ha ha ha!—-But I’m mad that u cant buy luna and ginny’s wands individually. That stinks(especially because I have Hermione’s and dont want duplicates)

Avatar Image says:

Cool. My daughter is a big Harry Potter fan who works at the FAO in Las Vegas when she is on breaks from college.

Avatar Image says:

Does Buckbeak come with a supply of ferrets?

Write a Reply or Comment