Night Scenes for “Half-Blood Prince” to Film Next Week in England

113

Oct 18, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

A few months ago, we first told you that filming for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” was due this month in Wiltshire, England. That filming is now set to take place starting next Wednesday, October 24, during the evening hours beginning at 5pm through 5am in the village of Lacock. Actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort) are reportedly among those who will be filming scenes for three days in the village which will be used for the sixth Harry Potter movie. The Wiltshire Times reports that these will be “exterior scenes,” and in addition “film crews want to shoot late outdoor scenes featuring the ghoulish Death-Eaters.” There has been work done recently in the village preparing for the night shoot by the WB crew as locals say:

“There has been a lot of preparation going on and they have been doing things to the outsides of houses on Church Street.”They have been painting the outsides of houses and adding bits to them too. We are all going to be given dark blinds of some kind to put across our windows at night to help prevent our lights shining out when they are filming. That way we can get on with our lives as normal and carry on with whatever we would normally do when they shoot scenes.”

Road signs and markers have been put out in Cantax Hill, West Street and Church Street warning drivers of road closures between 5pm and 5am.

Very exciting indeed. For those lucky enough to be in the area while the filming is going on, please send in your reports and photos of the filming to [email protected] and we will post them.

50 Responses to Night Scenes for “Half-Blood Prince” to Film Next Week in England

Avatar Image says:

What scenes could these be? More like the train scene in OOTP?

Avatar Image says:

Hmmmm…Ralph Fiennes??? I don´t recall anything about the “grown-up” Voldemort in the book. Only as child and a teenager

“needs to re-read the book”

Avatar Image says:

May be they are gonna shoot ’ Lord Voldemort’s request”..............

Avatar Image says:

Sonja…....there are parts where Voldemort is a Young Man…...they could, concievably(sp), be using Mr Finnes as a younger more “human looking” Vodemort!Does anyone know when we might see a more complete castlist? I’m a bit anctious to see if Mr Rickman and Ms Smith will appear! I am so glad they are still “on track” with the filming! Whooo hooo!

Avatar Image says:

..Wouldn’t that be Narcissa’ request, of Snape??? Snape’s house is in a “run down muggle neigborhood”

Avatar Image says:

callicott3 , I’m sure alan rickman will appear….I think he’s signed for all the seven films…..

Avatar Image says:

Could be, but then why would Dan be there? Curious to say the least!

Avatar Image says:

I am in the process of re reading the ‘Half Blood Prince’ (for the#### time). I think I remember, at some point, Voldemort in a small area like that. Then, again, we don’t know what kind of “set dressing” they are actually doing. I’m glad to hear that Mr Rickman was signed for all 7. Too cool!

Avatar Image says:

I think I’ve got it! #1. The request, by Narcissa was at Snape’s house, in the “run down Muggle Neighborhood. That could be one. #2. It CAN’T be the request, of Tom(Voldemort) Riddle, for the DADA Teaching post. That was in Dumbledore’s office. #3.It MIGHT be at Hepzibah Smith’s home. Again, the “Young Man, Tom”, who now works for Borgin and Burkes! JMO

Avatar Image says:

For those, wanting to see if it’s possible for Mr Finnes to be “younger”, check out his photo on IMDb (or your server’s Movie site) It’s VERY possible! He is a real “looker”, when he’s not being a “snakefaced creep”!

Avatar Image says:

For those of you who don’t know (and there’s no reason why you should) Lacock is an extremely picturesque Cotswalds village, replete with cobbled streets and thatched cottages. It’s where they filmed a lot of the BBC adaptation of Pride and Predudice, and also where Camilla lived before she married Prince Charles. It’s far from run down and therefore it’s NOT going to be Spinners End. Maybe it’s the village where Slughorn is hiding. I would ignore the specifics in the paper – the Wiltshire times is written mostly by children and amateurs and is famous for its inaccuracy!

Avatar Image says:

Im so glad that they have continued to make the Harry Potter movies and Im looking forward to the next film.

Avatar Image says:

Sweet! I can’t wait until HBP comes out! the village is probably for where slughorn’s hiding. don’t know why Fiennes is there, though.

Avatar Image says:

I’m on half term next week. Doubt I’ll be able to visit where they are filming though.

Avatar Image says:

Do you think they are filming the murder of Amelia Bones??

Avatar Image says:

Very true.I am from “across the pond, so I’m assuming they that do “the secrets” are probably NOT too reliable. However, I’d almost be willing to bet that the production company, is keeping whomever else is there, under wraps. That way, we can’t really “guess” where or what it is. Tricky, that! I love a good mystery. Especially if it’s ‘Potter filming related’! Go WB & Mr Yates!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well… I agree with callicott3, that it may be Hepzibah Smith’s home, with younger Tom Riddle… the reason is that in order for both Harry and LV to be in a scene together, it must be Harry visiting the memories provided by Dumbledore, and that is the memory that makes the most sense… Why night scenes though? I can’t remember if that chapter was at night… and then again, we can never read too much into these newspaper/magazines articles!

Avatar Image says:

So do you think you know which hotel they might use? Are there lots? I’d be beseiging the hotel…

Avatar Image says:

Okay, my last remark was gross! but i would love to see dan!

Avatar Image says:

Ok, radcakesfan! LOL We get ya! LOL, wouldn’t we all!

Anyhow, I was also thinking it could be ‘Godrick’s Hollow’! It makes perfect sense,audrey. It wouldn’t be ‘Marvolo and Morifn’, if it would be there, would it? Unless they might be showing a “distant” scene of ‘Tom Riddle,Sr’s House’....? radcakesfan..WHAT HOTEL? Musta missed that one.

Avatar Image says:

It’s half term next week! Woo hoo, I might travel down to have a look at what is going on :D Anyone else going?

Avatar Image says:

I might, I’m only about 20 minutes drive away. Don’t have a car though, so I’m not sure how I’d get there…

Avatar Image says:

Ralph Fiennes is a good actor, but PLEASE don’t mess up the film too much by adding stuff in that’s not supposed to be there!!!!!!!! Hmm. Don’t live too far away, but I’m not sure I can be bothered to go and see. They’d probably shoo the spectators away anyway.

Avatar Image says:

mmmmm.. maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but what does Ralph Fiennes have to do with HBP? I don’t remember Voldy making any appearances in any scene in HBPscratches head

Avatar Image says:

Helena doesn’t start filming till spring so it’s not spinners end

Avatar Image says:

I really can’t imagine what this could be besides two separate scenes. Voldemort & Harry don’t face off in this book.

Maybe this is supposed to be Riddle’s town: Harry and Dumbledor in the Pensive AND Voldemort with DEs killing the Riddles.

Avatar Image says:

woo! i live 10 minutes away and i am sooo driving down!! is anyone else going?

Avatar Image says:

Uh-oh, for some reason this is really bugging me. It makes me suspect they are creating some non-book scene, though maybe I’m missing something and forgetting some part of the book this could depict. Perhaps it is a Pensieve scene and Harry will just be watching a younger Voldemort in the background, but ghoulish Death Eaters there too? I know DE’s will attack Hogwarts, but this isn’t making sense, and I agree with Pigwidgeon that they need to be careful about adding scenes not in the book! I hope that’s not what’s going on here. Ah well—the report could always be inaccurate (or they’re not telling us everything that would truly explain what they’re filming).

Avatar Image says:

The Wikipedia article has a picture that looks reminiscent of the house they used for the Godric’s Hollow scene of SS, but I highly doubt they’re shooting anything to do with the Hollow. I think instead this will be exterior scenes with Hepzibah Smith or one of the other Pensieve scenes, and they’re probably using Ralph Fiennes as an older Tom Riddle, hiding horcruxes or going to Hepzibah Smith.

They haven’t announced her casting, have they? Better yet, will they this early? She could shoot her scene, be done, and then be announced in the spring.

It would make sense to shoot the Pensieve scene and the climax at this point, there’s going to be more CGI in those scenes (spells, alterations to the landscape and, should they include her, Hokey).

Of course, this could be WB pulling a Disney and doing what they did with Pirates and shooting scenes for DH while filming HBP—except there’s no confirmation that Yates is coming back again, and there couldn’t be an approved, final script for DH this early.

Avatar Image says:

I bet the report is wrong as they are assuming there will be Death Eaters just because Voldemort is there. More likely, it is when he goes to Hogwarts for the job.

Avatar Image says:

I just don’t get what they are filming.

-Narcissa’s request will be filmed in spring with HBC;the village doesn’t match the ‘run down Muggle neighbourhood’ -The village where Slughorn hides has nothing to do with Voldy being there -Can’t have anything to do with the climax, at least I can’t figure it out -Amelia Bones’s death won’t have anything to do with Harry -Why would Harry see a memory of Riddle killing his parents? The memories are from Morfin ….. OR….......... maybe Morfin was stalking him? Killing snakes and scaring Muggles in the village and he SAW Riddle? But that’s a bit far-fetched.

When did Riddle come to see Morfin? Remember the Gaunts lived near the village. Omg I really should read HBP again before I post anything!

But since Harry is there it’s definitely a Pensieve scene(?). Why isn’t Gambon mentioned? Death Eaters?? Sounds to me like the newspaper assumed there would be DE since Voldemort is there, I mean it doesn’t make sense.

Can’t get my head around it.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t believe that there are people on this thread saying “What part of the book is that from?”

We are on the 6th Harry Potter film, haven’t people finally realized that sometimes the movies contain scenes that aren’t in the books?

The OotP film had Luna in the forest feeding the Thestral foals. What page in the book was that from? Answer: It wasn’t in the book, they made the scene up. Movie makers do that.

Avatar Image says:

It’s also possible that maybe the HBP script incorporates a few scenes from “Deathly Hallows”, so maybe they’ll shoot maybe a scene of Harry “seeing” Voldemort hiding some of his Horcruxes to lead onwards to the final film. After hearing that bit of news, regardless of whether it’s true or false, the script for the sixth film was definitely influenced by events in the final book.

Avatar Image says:

Who is playing Riddle Sr? Is this a scene where they see him on the horse?

Avatar Image says:

Guys… don’t forget… though they are fun, the movies are NOT the books and are never going to follow the letter of the page. Until you accept that, you can’t fully enjoy it. If you want the book, then read the book.

Anyways, I would take this article as speculation only.

Avatar Image says:

Yep! margoooo is right! And don’t forget: Just because they “change” things, here and there, doesn’t mean they are “changing the story” either! Sometimes, it’s time constraints and shooting reality. Also, budget! Mr Yates may have “omitted” bits and pieces, and changed things a bit, but GoF was great! They do things like this (changing, etc) but retain the “meat” of the story! You go, margooo! You’ve got the right of it! :)

Avatar Image says:

I just hope they dont flip the story around! I HATE IT !

p.s margoooo is right

Avatar Image says:

How can people say that Voldemort and Harry have no scenes together. They may not interact but Tom Riddle is seen by Harry in the book through the pensive. The movie can not be pensive scence after pensive scene. This may work for the book but not for a movie. My guess is it may be a mix of the pensive scenes or maybe Fiennes is going to play Voldemort’s father Tom Riddle. Doen’t it say in one of the books that father and son look alike.

Avatar Image says:

I wish that i could be there to watch the scenes! It would be sooo cool! Is anyone here actually gonna be there?

Avatar Image says:

I’m curious about Ralph Fiennes, but I’m not sure he should return. I saw OotP with my family and some friends who don’t read the books, they just watch the moives, and they were disappointed that Voldemort comes in at the end again just to disappear at a good moment. Without Ralph Fiennes in the film as Voldemort, some people might be less annoyed that he shows up only to escape…again. I don’t mind if they show small scenes with Voldemort (in fact I think it would be great) so that we know what he’s doing, just don’t have him come to the fight at the end.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah it’s probably Voldemort asking for a position at Hogwarts- Harry’s there for that and it doesn’t necessarily have to take place IN Dumbledore’s office- they’ll probably make it in a really discreet place ( or in the place where DD interviewed Professor Trelawney- above Honeydukes or something, right?)

Avatar Image says:

Yes, because heaven forbid that the filmmakers should be allowed to exercise any creativity on their part. They must endeavor to simply be hollow mouthpieces for the Rowling!

Avatar Image says:

I live 10 minutes from Lacock, and the Abbey has an octagonal tower that could be used for the tower that dumbledore gets killed on?? exciting stuff. An Inn in lacock has also been named as a filming location, i wonder what that might be? Ive just bullied my family into going and watching the filming next week yay!

Avatar Image says:

Don’t forget, the newspaper doesn’t know everything. They may have heard that they are planning to shoot scenes with Harry and Voldemort and automatically assumed that Fiennes would be playing Voldemort. It could be the young Voldemort, but the producers didn’t announce that. Or, Fiennes could be playing the younger Voldemort (with nose!).

Avatar Image says:

In response to hollie and georgie Myself and a friend hope to there thursday might see you. Like everyone else I to am wondering what scenes will be filmed there originally I thought it would be when Harry & Dumbledore return from the caves to Hogsmeade and events leading up to Dumbledores death, oh well we will just have to wait and see.

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s worht pointing out that it’s never been confirmed, if memory serves, officially that Fiennes is returning because didn’t he say in an interview that he couldn’t say who would be playing young Voldemort. That concurs with Yates’ statement. Also, if you look at IMDB, Fiennes is currently filming two movies, neither of which are Half-Blood Prince.

Avatar Image says:

I wonder what scene this is with voldemort? The only scene in book 6 with grown up Voldemort is the one where he goes to HOgwarts to meet with Dumbledore. But apparently their shooting these scenes in a village and I don’t recall and village scenes with Voldemort. Unless they added a new scene like they did in movie 4. If they did do that, then I hope the scene is good. Steve Kloves did a great job with that in movie 4.

Avatar Image says:

It’s got to be one of the scenes when Harry and Dumbledore go into one of the memories looking for the horcruxes. It could be Hepzibah’s, the Gaunt’s, or whatever, but it has to be one of those. In which case, I’m glad they are using Ralph Fiennes to be the young voldemort, too. He fits the part and it will be nice to have voldemort sound the same and look similar as in the previous couple of films.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve been to Lacock! It’s a cute little town…we ate dinner a pub there. I can’t imagine a scene that needs to be shot with LV and Harry in a cute little town, though…especially at night. I’m intrigued enough to go read HBP again for clues! My first thought was of Harry and Dumbledore going to get Slughorn (Lacock could pass for Budleigh Babberton in my mind!), but why would LV be there? Hmmm…can’t wait to find out!

Write a Reply or Comment