331

Oct 22, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

“Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” has been nominated for a Children’s British Academy of Film and Television Arts Award in the category of “Best Feature Film.” The BBC reports that Order of the Phoenix was also nominated for the” Bafta kids’ vote gong, which is the only public award in the ceremony.” A third nomination for the fifth Harry Potter movie is in the new video game category. You can see the full list of nominations here on the BAFTA website. You will be able to vote for the public awards (including OotP) starting November 2 via this website.

The distinguished Children’s BAFTAs which honor the best in Children’s entertainment from the UK, will be presented on November 25 in London, England. Congratulations!

15 Responses to “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” Nominated as Best Film at Children’s BAFTA

Avatar Image says:

That is awesome congrats to all the cast and crew, I must say I’m so happy OOTP went on to win or even be nominated for awards Its my favorite HP movie so far-they get better with every installment!! I’m just dying to see the Half-blood prince movie,because Alan Rickman makes me crave for more Snape every time he performs!

Avatar Image says:

Well it certainly seems like the HP films are having one of their best year’s ever. They’ve been nominated for, or picked up more awards this year than any other I think. I just hope thatthe last two films not only score an E* (Exceeds Expectations) but more like an *O.

Avatar Image says:

*O’s on all their O.W.L.’S, on OOtP! I agree, w/ zee….I have no doubts we’ll see at least an *E on HBP.We’ll see *O’s on their N.E.W.T.’S! Way to go, guys! (and girls, LOL)

Avatar Image says:

Oh, yah…does that me WE can vote, here “across the pond”? If so, we’ll be voting! (speaking for all us “yankees”) [OOPS! Used the wrong word for THIS part of the country! hee hee!]

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations to all the cast and crew on this nomination.It is so well deserved.

Avatar Image says:

Brilliant! Congratulations. It is certainly deserved.

Avatar Image says:

Guys! The comments in the Carnegie Hall news post are growing out of proportion. People are at each other’s throats there. Please do something!!!!

Congratulations guys!!!

Avatar Image says:

It deserves it, because that movie was awesome! So congratulations to whoever, I really really hope it wins!

Avatar Image says:

Didn’t the other HP films get a BAFTA award as well???

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think it really should be nominated for a “childrens movie” because it’s REALLY not but whatever. Hope it wins.

Avatar Image says:

congratulations! i admire the movie that would be nominated for a “childrens movie”. a litter strange why i see the potter news on http://herpesmates.com. It is a herpes dating site for people who are meet friends, new people there. Any idea on this?

Avatar Image says:

congratulations, wonderful OoTP cast and crew! =)

Avatar Image says:

It was really my least favorite of the movies. While the actors did a good job, I felt that the second half of the movie was really butchered. Here are some of the things that I did not like about it. Cho being the snitch. Harry giving the globe to Lucius Malfoy. Dumbledore not giving the full prophecy to Harry. Not showing the locket. Not showing Regulas’s name on the Black family tree tapestry. I just felt that it did not capture the spirit of the book as well as the first four movies did. I’m glad their going back to the original screenwriter for the last two movies.

GH

Avatar Image says:

Eventhough I think It deserves the award the movie was chopped alot I was disappointed in that as well. Bellatrix had 1/3 of the lines she should’ve had, I would’ve loved to see Snape and Sirius fight in the kitchen over the lessons w/ harry- this will probably be a deleted seen because they filmed it but didnt show it but Bella fighting Sirius in the Death Chamber- it would have added to the climax.

Write a Reply or Comment