Oct 24, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Yesterday we posted a moving story about the struggle composer Patrick Doyle underwent during his battle with Leukemia, and the charity concert he is holding this weekend in London. Today, the organizers of the event let us know that tickets to this benefit are still available, and now at a discount price especially for Harry Potter fans. This Music from the Movies concert, hosted by actor Kenneth Branagh (Gilderoy Lockhart), with appearances by Alan Rickman (Professor Snape), Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney), Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), and other stars such as Richard E. Grant, Sir Derek Jacobi and Dame Judi Dench, will be held Sunday October 28 at Royal Albert Hall in London, England. Mr. Doyle’s many various scores will be performed by the London Symphony Orchestra together with the London Symphony Chorus, and will include music from works such as “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,” “Sense and Sensibility” and “Calendar Girls.” To take advantage of the half price offer, quote the code ‘2639′ when ordering at the Royal Albert Hall website or by calling (UK number)020 7589 8212. IF you are lucky enough to attend what is sure to be a fabulous event, please send in your reports!

6 Responses to Discount Tickets for Harry Potter Fans at Patrick Doyle’s “Music from the Movies”

Avatar Image says:

This sounds like a star studded night. HP music plus Alan Rickman and the Others. Wish I could be there.

Avatar Image says:

Anyone have a couple grand so I can go? That would include my flight, hotel, tickets…sigh…Sure to be a wonderful evening!

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know if they will sell DVDs of the event? Like Wizangamut I would need a donation of $2500 from someone to be able to attend :-)

Avatar Image says:

Ahh I nearly bought a ticket last night, thank God I didn’t! =P

Avatar Image says:

Thank you, Leaky!

I just booked two seats, and am looking forward to a wonderful evening in a good cause.

Avatar Image says:

Where do I quote it online?! Gahh panicking! I have a feeling I won’t be able to do it and the tickets will be sold out before I figure it out! flail

Write a Reply or Comment