“Order of the Phoenix” DVD Launch in London November 3

225

Oct 24, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actress Emma Watson’s official website was updated this morning with the news that Warner Brothers will be holding a press launch for the release of the “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” DVD on Saturday, November 3 in London, England. The site states that Emma Watson (Hermione) will be attending this event. As stated previously the OotP DVD will be released to the public in the UK on November 12, and will not be available here in the US until a month later on December 11.

Thanks Helena!

Reminder: The previous Harry Potter films are also being released on December 11 here in the US in a High Definition format, and many of these are available for pre-order via our CauldronShop, where proceeds benefit the entire Floo Network.

35 Responses to “Order of the Phoenix” DVD Launch in London November 3

LAME!

Why do we have to wait another month?

pouts

Avatar Image says:

And so the debate about why UK gets the DVD 1 month earlier starts here…..

Avatar Image says:

meh, they’re showing it at my college twice this weekend so I can wait another month :p

Avatar Image says:

Yeah it does suck to have to wait another month. But on the other side i am glad Emma will most likely be there. I would love to go there,meet and see Emma Watson. I wish they had a special all about Emma on the bonus features,instead of trailing tonks. I wish it was coming out the same time in America.

Avatar Image says:

I’m still upset that we get it like a whole month after the peps at the UK are…damn, and it doesn’t look like they’re any soon of changing it. :(

Avatar Image says:

Yeah it does suck that is a month later coming out in the US. But if Emma is at the dvd launch,that would be awesome, and i can’t wait to see pics from there,and i can’t wait to see Ballet Shoes.

Avatar Image says:

I wish i could go to England,during christmas,because i heard Ballet Shoes won’t be on in America. I guess i just have to wait for it to come out on dvd. But anything Emma Watson does is worth waiting to see. I will always see anything and everything Emma does. I am huge devoted, and dedicated Emma Watson fan.

Avatar Image says:

In Australia we get the dvd on November 14 – only a few days after the UK. Seems weird that the US waits so much longer but I am sure it will probably change and be released earlier.

Avatar Image says:

I saw OOTP on an airplane last weekend so I can easily wait til December now! ^^ I was really happy about that.

And I’m glad they’re doing a DVD launch this time, they didn’t do one for GOF.

Avatar Image says:

woohoo! 12th of november for me! so glad i live in the UK!

Avatar Image says:

I want it now! But is suppose an I can wait. Lucky UK.

Avatar Image says:

Oh grrrr I’m going home from uni that day, otherwise I would have gone to London! Meh. I’ll be majorly pissed off if Jo goes but otherwise I won’t be too bothered =)

Avatar Image says:

I don’t mind having to wait for it, but I do wish I knew if there was a “reason” behind the wait. Perhaps there are other big movies being released on DVD and they don’t want the competition for sales? Ahhh well as long as I’ll get to own it relatively soon I can wait for it. One question though are the special features the same for the UK and Aussie releases as those that are going to be on the US version? Thanks!

Avatar Image says:

YAY! I was hoping they’d have a DVD launch for OotP. They haven’t done one since PoA, so I’m happy :)

Avatar Image says:

So the British are getting something first for once, that’s fair. I always feel a little bad when we get something first even though the intellectual property is British like Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.

All this means is that I’ll be able to download a good copy of the movie a month before I get the dvd.

Avatar Image says:

Wouldn’t it be cool if they announced some of the cast in the DVD launch?! I think it would be a great oppturnity to introduce the girl who plays Lavender!

Avatar Image says:

I’ll just be ordering it from ebay or Amazon from the UK. Will it be available in Canada the same time as UK? I have people in Canada who could send it to me. Hmm…..

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait. shame we have to wait till december. Is Ballet Shoes coming out on DVD? If it does, i’ll be buying it straight away. Emma ftw!

Avatar Image says:

In Brazil it is going to be released on November, 14th.

Avatar Image says:

I really don’t think that the Dec. date is correct. Walmart.com does not have anything list for presale. Movies Unlimited only has the 5 movie gift set available in Dec. (not OOTP alone) and amazon.com just has you sign up to be notified when it becomes available. Now if the date was really set for these companies would be taking presales. Just watch the sites that sell movies in your region for correct dates.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah that’s how i feel about the UK getting it first. They deserve to get it first since HP is from the UK. That’s so cool, i am so glad Emma is going to be there hopefully,and i can’t wait to see pics from it. The wait just makes the anticipation for it better. I am also waiting for Ballet Shoes to come out on dvd also,since i am in America,cause i can’t wait to see Emma in it.

Avatar Image says:

Ok, now I’M gonna pout! (POUTS, QUITELY, IN HER CORNER) How come we “across the pond” have to wait A WHOLE MONTH!!!! Does that mean, maybe we might get Emma or someone? Are WE gonna have a “launch” here???? I agree with helena123. I think it would be an excellent time to introduce some of the cast of HBP!(but still pouting, quietly, in the corner)

Avatar Image says:

Yes i want Emma over here for the dvd launch, so i can meet her.I love Emma Watson to death.

Avatar Image says:

Awesome!! They didn’t do one for GOF, so I’m sooo happy that they’re doing one for OOTP!! I can’t wait to see the pictures from the party!!!

Avatar Image says:

@emma watson lover: Emma starts filming in December, so if they do have a dvd launch in the US, i doubt she will be here for it. :(

Avatar Image says:

Thats not fair! =( It’s like everyone else in the world is getting the dvd before the U.S.!! But I guess I’ll just have to wait til Dec. 11…OH! and Daniel Radcliffe’s new movie December Boys will also be out on dvd that day!!! Yay!

Avatar Image says:

does anyone know where this event will be? we’d like to go there!!;-)

Avatar Image says:

meh.. i can wait, but i never get the Dvd till about three weeks later becaquse it gets sold out… i guess im used to waitng, though it drivesme crazy at times (like for the seventh book. I would have strangled this slow moving lady in front of me walking toward the books if i hadn’t resisted the temptation laughs evily)

Avatar Image says:

Maybe WB doesn’t fear a loss in sales in the US b/c even though the movie may be pirated, people want the special features and to be able to download to their IPOD, etc. so they will still buy the DVD even if it comes out later than in other countries. That stinks if that’s the case! Why can’t we at least get it the same time as the UK??

Avatar Image says:

I’m British and while I’m glad we’re getting the DVD so soon, I don’t understand why they don’t release these things at the same time. I loathed having to wait two weeks for the GoF DVD but now fans in America have to wait an entire month! It’s like they’re deliberately trying to get us to argue about who deserves it the most :D

Avatar Image says:

I think its real strange its not coming out same time. Yno the US have to have everything first.

Where does this leave Aus?

Avatar Image says:

Awwwwwwwwwww yeah i know it sucks. I want Emma Watson to be here for the OOTP dvd launch,cause she is my idol,crush,inspiration,the most talented actress and woman around. I love Emma Watson sososoosos much. I wish i could win a trip to Leavesden studios,so i can see them film HBP,and see Emma. I am just a huge Emma fan hence the name:plol.

Avatar Image says:

I think Englad deserves it first,since the series is and takes place there.But a month is a long time,for it to come out. They should’ve made a couple weeks difference. It is about time England gets something of HP before America.

Avatar Image says:

i feel so sorry for everyone in the us who has to wait another month to get the dvd!!! i feel really lucky now that i live in england!! but u guys are really lucky to u get jo’s book tours!!! :)

Write a Reply or Comment