“Order of the Phoenix,” Ralph Fiennes Win at 2007 Scream Awards

195

Oct 24, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

As we told you a few months back, the latest Potter film, “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” and its actors revived a number of nominations at Spike TV’s 2007 Scream Awards. The Scream awards, which honor “the newest and hottest in horror, sci-fi, fantasy and comic genres,” aired last night and Spike TV has announced the recipients of this year’s awards, as voted by you. Actor Ralph Fiennes was awarded the “Most Vile Villan” title for his portrayal of Lord Voldemort in “Order of the Phoenix,” while the film itself nabbed top honors in the category of “Best Sequel.” Congratulations to all!

Thanks to all who mailed!

10 Responses to “Order of the Phoenix,” Ralph Fiennes Win at 2007 Scream Awards

Avatar Image says:

Wow i guess i am first at commenting. I did see some of last night,but when i was watching i didn’t see Ralph Fiennes on it. I wonder if he is going to play the young adult Voldemort in HBP, since the resurrected older Voldemort isn’t in HBP.

Avatar Image says:

Didn’t see it (I live “across the pond” and I don’t have “cable”) I voted ‘Voldemort’ on several “polls” and awards, here! He’s #1 across the world, I think! Well deserved (ha, ha) and well done! ‘Voldemort’ is my HERO (well, sort of!)Good job, Mr Finnes.

Avatar Image says:

That’s funny Voldemort is your hero:p lol. Well Emma Watson/Hermione is my heroess i think that’s how you say it:plol.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, that’s fabulous, but when is an HP movie going to be awarded something that people actually give a bit of credence to, such as an Academy Award? Stuart Craig, who in my opinion is an absolute genius of an artist, has been nominated but no wins yet! That’s a crying shame! His Yule Ball set for GOF was enough to earn him an Oscar, but no! I think there’s a certain amount of reluctance among Academy members to vote for anyone connected with a film that is considered to be part of a blockbuster series. It’s as if people think these types of films are automatically less than good. The exception, of course, was the third “Lord of the Rings” film. When is HP going to get its due? Maybe “Deathly Hallows”. We can only hope.

Avatar Image says:

I hear what you’re saying but I think any award is great! Recognition is always welcome in book :)

Avatar Image says:

Most Vile Villan-BRAVO!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah any award is good for the HP actors and series. I was so happy when Emma won at the uk nick awards. I hope footage is on the net for that soon. But Ralph Fiennes does a wonderful job as Voldemort.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! All hail the Dark Lord :p

Great job Ralph!!!

Avatar Image says:

Ralph Fiennes portrays Voldemort just how I usually imagine him while reading the books. He’s simply great. Kudos!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve always thought that Ralph Fiennes was a really good choice for Voldemort. He played Amon Goeth in Schindler’s List, you know, and if you can pass off a good Amon Goeth, you can play just about any villain.

He’s pretty good at playing Voldemort.

Write a Reply or Comment