113

Oct 25, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

We have another great report from the village of Lacock, Wiltshire, England where location filming for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” is set to begin this evening. TLC reader Pinkmoosely, who brought us one of the reports from last night, returned today, and has more details on sets being prepared for filming including fake Yew Hedges, photos of a house to be used, and most interesting, props labeled for a “graveyard.”

Pinkmoosely spoke with several members of the Warner Brothers crew, one who told him” only three main cast are here, not all of them” but it was not mentioned which three, as well as spotting a ‘tour bus’ being moved around the compound it looked like the kind of thing one of the stars would use.” He also stressed that security is HIGH and let us know a “compound for the actors is just a farmers field but it has been sectioned off and there is security every 50 yards or so around the whole area and at every gate, path etc…”

Of the various sets being prepared, Pinkmoosely took photos of that lighting fixture which is being used to provide “moonlight,” and noted that he”saw blue screens being moved in to position, a box of plaster props marked ‘graveyard’ and they have started to construct a foam statue/cross a little up the road from the house.” Of the home he wrote “some crew were discussing setting the camera in the pathway to the house to capture the cast walking towards it, this is when I noticed opposite the house they have now constructed a fake Yew hedge (very realistic) which will be behind the cast when they take this shot.”

You can now see the photos he took, here in our galleries. Thanks so much Pinkmoosely. These reports are appreciated by all, and if anyone is in the area while filming, please continue to send in your reports and photos and we will post them.

30 Responses to Photos from “Half-Blood Prince” Filming in Lacock: Home, Yew Hedges, and Props for a GraveYard

Avatar Image says:

thanks for the pictures!! they were brilliant!

Very exciting :)

Avatar Image says:

Stunning house! Looks like Old Sluggy will be comfortable in there! I guess the three cast will be Dan Michael and Jim…hope someone gets pics!! Its all so exiciting!

Avatar Image says:

Graveyard? Interesting. Assuming this is Slughorn’s residence, maybe they’re trying to make it as creepy as possible, so when we find out he’s not dead it will be funny?

Still, this is a lot more interesting that Hagrid’s hut photos.

Avatar Image says:

Mmmm! Yew hedges,graveyard, statue, sounds more like scene setting for DH rather than HBP. That house could well make a good manor house for the Malfoys. This is no temporary pad for Slughorn IMHO.

Avatar Image says:

If there are clear skies tonight they might get a decent shot of a full moon which occurs at around 4.0am.

Avatar Image says:

They are filming a flashback of Snape going to see Voldy after he returned so that they can play the flashback while Snape is explaining it to Bellatrix and Narcissa in Spinner’s End…

Avatar Image says:

Or maybe it is the Riddle House and they are filming the scene where Voldy kills his father and Grandparents?

They make no mention of Alan Rickman so it may not be a flashback, but they also make no mention of Michael Gambon, so it may not be a penseive scene.

Guess we shall have to wait and see, eh?

Avatar Image says:

I’m just so giddy! Just over a year and we will have a new movie. Don’t know about anyone else, but I’m ready! :) So exciting to finally get some “info”. Thanks so much, Pinkmoosely!

Avatar Image says:

Oh I wish we knew what they were doing! Hopefully somewhat will spot some of the actors tonight, that would be a uesful hint. I just fail to believe that this is the Slughorn scene. It just doesn’t add up…

Jimi, I like your suggestions!

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Graymayne- it would make an excellent Malfoy Manor. Don’t the Malfoys live in Wiltshire where Lacock is?

Avatar Image says:

Jimi might be right on. It would make perfect sense.

Avatar Image says:

How would it make a perfect Malfoy Manner? This place isn’t nearly as lavish as the Malfoy Manner is described in the book. There’s no peacock either. I highly doubt this is Malfoy Manner.

Avatar Image says:

seems like a godric hallow setting. Bathilda house graveyard with statue of harry and parents…

Avatar Image says:

At first glance, Hepzibah Smith came into my mind. This looks like her house to me. But I don’t recall where she lives.

It’s a bit large for Sluggy’s hide out. Wasn’t that described as cottage like. Although, this is the movie – they don’t have to be that slavish to the book/usually aren’t.

Avatar Image says:

@alex: Was Godrics Hallow and the graveyard in Half-Blood Prince? I can’t remember it being in there, but I may be wrong.

Avatar Image says:

Sort of random and off topic…But the new font for the News at a Glance is kind of obnoxious

Avatar Image says:

@Delynn: What do you mean? The font is the same through out the entire page, I believe the font used through out Leaky is Trebuchet MS. I don’t see any weird fonts used.

Avatar Image says:

Malfoy Manner and Bathilda’s house scenes are in Deathly Hallows, NOT Half Blood Prince.

It has to be either the Riddle House (hence the graveyard) or some sort of penseive scene.

Avatar Image says:

could it be spinners end (snape, bella and sissy) or the orphanage (harry, dd, riddle)?

Avatar Image says:

Graveyeard? Maybe they’re re-shooting backflashs from Goblet of Fire…bits of Voldemort saying ‘I have gone further than anyone in avoiding Death’ What do you think?

Avatar Image says:

Those pictures are great! It will be really neat to try and “pick out” certain things, in the movie! (“I remember seeing that, before!”) LOL Well, kiddies…here we go! Only one year to wait! YIPPEEEE!

Avatar Image says:

The house doesn’t fit anything for me other than maybe Tom Riddle’s orphanage. Graveyard props and a cross? I’m confused.

Great pictures!

Do we know what this house will be used for? Hmm… I still think it’s for the Riddle mansion, esp. since there are “graveyard props”...

Avatar Image says:

Regarding the font for “News at a Glance”: The font itself may be unchanged from before, but initial letters of many words are now being set in bold-face type. I don’t know whether it’s deliberate or perhaps due to a software bug, but I also find it distracting.

Avatar Image says:

Interesting… I too think it may be a Pensieve scene or something to that effect. I almost thought they could be setting up a second-unit shoot by having doubles of Rickman, Bonham-Carter and the woman playing Narcissa shoot scenes at different angles when they shoot the Spinner’s End scene but then they mentioned security, so it’s definitely first-unit.

They could have transposed a few minor scenes from DH into HBP in order to better build up the story (probably a few of Snape’s flashbacks or Harry seeing Voldemort hide his Horcruxes). It could also be the Riddle house, which is the most likely scenario, but then the guard mentioned “three main actors will be shooting that scene”, so that’s probably not it. If they’re shooting the scene where Riddle comes back for the ring, they’ll need at least four actors.

Avatar Image says:

I think this is the Gaunt house or maybe the orphanage. My first thought was Slughorn’s pad, but then I saw the gavestones… There was a cemetary in the valley below the Gaunt house. The only drawback, it seems too big for the hut they’re suppose to live in…

Avatar Image says:

oooh my god. im so excited for this movie.

Avatar Image says:

idk. For me this just screamed orphanage… but then I saw the graves and stuff and got confused… The building across the street kinda seemed to me like that could confirm the orphanage just because it’s so dilapidated looking with the two different styles on top and bottom and kinda screamed inner London to me…. but um. where was the orphanage? I don’t have my HBP book with me…. :( i’m so ashamed. anyways…

or maybe spinners end came to mind or the opening chapter with the prime minister. But that was Michael Gambon in those last three pictures right? So I think it’s the orphanage. And I guess the gravestones are to solidify just how bad it was for Tom there? idk…

Avatar Image says:

I think that this is slughorns house or the orphanage it doesnt look like the spinners end house the description for those were small and all of them were identical. Besides we hear no mention of Alan Rickman and Helena doesnt shoot that scene till spring and we have no idea who plays Narcissa yet. unfortunately!

Write a Reply or Comment