Movie Night In the Corner Booth

124

Oct 26, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Get your popcorn, jumbo cola, and Milk Duds at the ready! The Corner Booth is hosting the first of four Harry Potter movie nights beginning Friday, October 26th at 8 p.m. EST. Starting with the classic “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” join your fellow Corner Booth movie-goers who will watch the film together providing a text-style “film commentary” relating their favorite moments and observations. All you need to participate is the “Sorcerer’s Stone” DVD, so be sure not to miss this awesome event!

Three more movie night showings are planned in the lead up to the “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” US DVD release on December 11th. More information on this event can be read here, and complete information on all of the Corner Booth activities can be located here on the Leaky Lounge.

See you at the movies!

23 Responses to Movie Night In the Corner Booth

yay 1st comment

Avatar Image says:

It is rather pointless to post that you have made the first comment if that is all your comment entails.

I’m excited for the Order of the Phoenix DVD release. (Even if we have to wait another 46 days) They have been playing it in our theatre at the Student Union of our University here in Ohio. I have seen it 8 times and tonight will make number 9!

Excited

Avatar Image says:

Dangit! I’m driving from Charlotte to Atlanta tonight, I won’t be able to join. Someone cheer for me when Hagrid breaks through the door on the island house.

Avatar Image says:

I’m seeing Order of the Phoenix for the 5th time tonight, it’s playing where I go to school :p

ahh.. that’s like 2am here in Norway.. ah well

Avatar Image says:

YAY!! I love seeing them when they are so young! There is such an honesty about them. Fave part? Hagrid telling Uncle Vernon to shut up you dried up old prune and bends the rifle :)

Avatar Image says:

i dont really understand what it means… are the movies on tv?? is it the same kindof thing they did the weekend the OotP was released in theaters??? if so that would be cool because i missed it then. =D

Avatar Image says:

Awww man!! I have to work tonight otherwise I would join in. I hope everyone has fun!!

Avatar Image says:

when are we ever going to get dvd commentaries of PoA and PS like Melissa and co promised?

I still want those commentaries.

Avatar Image says:

Thats 1:15am Saturday morning here in UK. I reckon I can join in – though I may get sleepy at around 3am!

Avatar Image says:

I always miss the really fun stuff!! I have a Halloween Party at my sons school to go to!! Well it’ll be ok I guess since he’s being Harry anyway. lol…

Avatar Image says:

Yeah Hagrid had the first two awesome moments in the film:

Hagrid flying in with Serious motorbike.

Hagrid bashing down the door – then uttering “sorry ‘bout dat”

Its fitting that he had the first awesome scene in the last book with the same but now modded up badass motorbike.

Avatar Image says:

Awesome!! I’m totally going to watch it. I haven’t watched any of the the Harry Potter movies for months!

Avatar Image says:

aw, leaky, why do you always schedual these when I have other stuff to do???

Avatar Image says:

Actually, will there be a synch problem with international DVDs such as my UK one? Isnt there a difference in run times because PAL plays a little quicker than NTSC (or vice versa)? I’m not sure but I recall this fact somewhere. Does anyone know of I’m talking complete rubbish?!?

Avatar Image says:

oOoh, FUN! That reminds me, PottahCast, can’t wait for your commentary! :)

Avatar Image says:

It really is a pity that these events are a bit difficult to attend in Europe. That would mean 2pm for me and I will be asleep by then or fall asleep infront of the DVD, which would be no use at all. It really is sad.

Avatar Image says:

This is fun, I can’t believe how fast all the movies have gone, and how much they have grown. I love every moment of the movie, but one of the best scenes is where Harry and Ron are first on the train eating sweets, and in walks Hermione. LOVE IT!! :)

Avatar Image says:

Ooooh! Sounds like so much fun! I think Sorcerer’s Stone is my favorite. It best exemplifies how I picture the Harry Potter world to be like.

Aw man that’s like 1am D:

Avatar Image says:

I am waiting for those pottercast commentaries too Ian and Jessie! Didn’t they say we would have one before October? Come on, it’s almost November!

Avatar Image says:

ARGH! i cant access the corner booth…can anyone help?

Avatar Image says:

am sorry but i wont be participating in any of these movie things because am waiting for phoenix to com out and then am going to watch the potter movies back to back and end it with phoenix.

I normally watch the potter films quite often but i have been trying to see if i could make it all the way until order of the phoenix came out.

The last time i watche a potter movie was in june i think and am starting to really want to watch them again, so what do you think i should do stick with it all the way or just give in and watch them?

Write a Reply or Comment