113

Oct 27, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Continuing our series of reports from location filming for the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” we have two more reports from dedicated readers Bobbie and Lizzie. Both were in the village of Lacock, Wiltshire, England for the second night of filming on movie six, and both reported that scenes with Dumbledore and Harry arriving in the village of Budleigh Babberton were recorded. Bobbie writes she:

“watched Dumbledore and Harry doubles set up for the next scene, which was where they Apparate into ‘a deserted village square, in the centre of which stood an old war memorial’ on their way to Slughorn’s house. We waited quietly and patiently for another 40 minutes to an hour and it paid off as we were able to watch the filming of the ‘real’ Harry and Dumbledore do their scenes.”

UPDATE: Reader Pinkmoosely has now sent in three more photos, and writes that “the scene was taken about 6 or 7 times and started with what sounded like a blast of air (maybe to help simulate Apparition?) then Harry and Dumbledore spoke a few lines, Dumbledore then walks up the street (to the right in my photos) and Harry either walks with him or jogged up behind to catch him up. The crew then moved the equipment further up the street in the direction Dumbledore and Harry walked to set up the next shot.” You can see his new photos here, here, and here.

UPDATE 2: Reader Chris sent in some additonal good photos starting here.

You can see some new photos Bobbie snapped (along with the other photos she and others sent in previously) here in our galleries.Also, as we reported last night, there were paparazzi present, and you can see additional photos from the filming here.

Lizzie also writes she was able to meet actor Dan Radcliffe and get his autograph. She wrote he patiently signed her copy of Half-Blood Prince, along with others and said ‘Its so dark, I just wish I could see you all’.

Filming is expected to wrap up this evening in the village. Many thanks to all who have owled with these reports! Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released in theaters next year on November 21, 2008.

24 Responses to Apparate! More from Location Filming for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” (Updated)

Avatar Image says:

Michael Gambon’s body double for Dumbledore!

Avatar Image says:

I want to know when the scenes inside Slughorn’s house will be made, may be this week?

Avatar Image says:

Was Dumbledore’s hand black and shriveled like it was in the book?

Was he wearing his half moon spectacles?

Avatar Image says:

Jimi- there was a Blue screen type thing on his hand so they are putting it digitally.

Avatar Image says:

I went down on the first night of filming and saw nothing! then i heard that a couple of my friends got let down late at night to watch a few scences. So i thought id try that. So i went down at 11.30 and when no one was looking got through the barriers and got down to where they were filming when harry and dumbledore apparate into the village, everybody had to be quiet, even though a few people behind be were taking pictures which werent appreciated by the crew. Then they wrapped that scence up and moved up to the Angel Inn, we waited for 1 – 2 hours and we thought maybe we should just go, until there was only 4 of us left and they said we could go down and watch the other scenes. it was very fun! harry and dumbledore were very close to us. They filmed it over 10 times, and the crew were getting very aggitated about it but just laughed about it. And then they finished and harry and dumbledore came very close and got in their car. it was VERY worth the wait!

Avatar Image says:

OH that is so cool!! Really, I feel like I’m living vicariously through others to get my Potter fix!

Avatar Image says:

The experiences sound great. The village looks to me like “godrics Hollow”, its wonderful how we all have differing Ideas of places mentioned in the books.Flad people managed to get some pix :)

Avatar Image says:

I went today just to check out and the filming was over (No filming this evening). It took me 3 hours to get there…Sucks missing the most important characters of the next movie in action. Maybe I’ll be lucky next time :(

Avatar Image says:

sweet! whoever got on that set is soooo lucky! great to now that filming is under way!

Avatar Image says:

Pity. The “interiors” will probably be shot at the Studio….it’s really great that y’all got to have that experiance!

Avatar Image says:

Can somebody PLEASE ask Warner Bros to buy Dumbledore a new outfit? He’s been wearing that same RAG since Azkaban!

Avatar Image says:

according to an article in thisislondon.co.uk says they have dubbed the double “Doubledore”. Try saying the last 4 words 10 times really fast.

Avatar Image says:

Actually DHobbit he hasn’t been wearing the same ‘rag’ He’s worn so many different colors..the suit is just the same sequence. Plus u have to take into the filters they put onto the film aswell. The suit in purson could look a nice purple..but when they apply the filters to give the film that ‘blue and grainy’ look it comes out looking grey. Look at pictures and you’ll see what I mean

what are trainers?

Tennis shoes.

Avatar Image says:

really cool photos. I like the fake war memorial. I think Lacock looks like Godric’s Hollow ought to as well. Wiltshire’s not a million miles from Gloucestershire so it would look similar, maybe more hilly.

Avatar Image says:

traners are simply sporty shoes such as Nike, Addidas, Puma, Vans – trainers are a general term for them in UK.

Avatar Image says:

I just read that they wrapped filming on these parts. So can we now have Bonnie and Emma filming now, so i can see the most 2 beautiful woman of HP pics. I am glad they are having Slughorn in it though,cause he is a main part of the story if you think about it. He gives the memory about the Horcruxes to Harry and has a thing to try and collect Harry like it says in the book.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah i talked to someone recently and they didn’t know what trainers we’re so i had to tell them:p lol.

Avatar Image says:

I was at Lacock Friday night and was lucky to meet Daniel briefly and get his autograph. I was there from 8.45 pm at about 10.15 a car with darkened windows moved past us and a flash went off and Dans’s face peeped out. When it returned at about 11.00 it stopped and Dan emerged opposite and hthe car moved off, he was signing autographs he then came across To me said ‘how you doing’ and took my book and signed it. Dan your lovely LUV YA!

Avatar Image says:

That’s cool, that you got to meet him. I would love to meet Bonnie and Emma as they are my 2 favourite people from HP. I wish i lived near where the movies we’re filmed. I have major admiration and crushes on Bonnie and Emma. Does anyone know when Bonnie will start filming? Wow to see them on set and peeping out would be so awesome. I heard someone said they heard Slughorn say I want a payrise Dumbledore. That’s so awesome cause that is one of my favourite parts of the Half-Blood Prince.

Avatar Image says:

wow that would be awesome to get to see the parts filmed. That’s so cool that they filmed the part where Harry and Dumbledore apparate to where Slughorn is. I heard Bonnie started filming already is that real or not? Please i want to know, and i want to know if she will be in HBP alot. I hope Bonnie’s in DH also, and i hope Emma’s in the last two alot also.

Avatar Image says:

Oh i hope they made it blackend like it was in the book or it wouldnt feel right, if it wasn’t cause it has to do with the powerful curses of the Horcruxes.

Avatar Image says:

haha I love how Daniel never loses his fantastic sense of humo!

Write a Reply or Comment