“Order of the Phoenix” DVD Released in Chile

217

Oct 27, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” DVD is apparently now available in Chile. You can see some screenshots of the opening menu here, and a (slightly blurry) video montage of this menu here via youtube.

As noted previously, the “Order of the Phoenix” DVD will be released next month on November 12 in the UK and a month later on December 11 here in the United States.

Thanks to HarryLatino

19 Responses to “Order of the Phoenix” DVD Released in Chile

Avatar Image says:

Hmm, as soon as I heard this I checked out most major stores but apparently its just the 1 disc version of the film. No deleted scenes yet.

Avatar Image says:

That makes sense Jan, thanks for looking! But why would they want to release it so early? So that fans go out and buy a second copy of the DVD with the deleted scenes?

I’m just so sad US fans get the DVD so late… :(

Avatar Image says:

:< How depressing….we have to wait another month!

Avatar Image says:

Bad idea releasing.. This will only promote piracy. They are probably betting on the fact that most fans will want to BUY a copy of their own, but this will still hurt sales. That holiday rush they are hoping to cash in on will likely only help keep sales at what they would be for an earlier release. It was also not smart planning to release the DVD half-way through one of the major December holidays… Nice try WB, maybe you will do better next time.

Avatar Image says:

I loved the little sneak peak but it is depressing knowing we people here in the US wont get it until Dec11. Somebody already made a small video just for our pleasure but I bet your right piracy will go up. ON the 2 disc we are promised 17 min of deleted scenes. One of which I hope is Bella fighting Sirius.

Avatar Image says:

Why!! do us US fans have to wait SO long to get it!! :( If they let the deleted scenes out on DVD before the US I’ll bet it will be up on youtube in no time. So yeah, I agree with the other commenters—releasing early just promotes piracy.

Avatar Image says:

It makes me mad. I am a U.S fan and I have to wait til December 11. Wish I lived in Chile.

Avatar Image says:

So strange.. I am from the UK and sitting in an internet cafe in Chile as we speak.. But I don’t have a DVD player with me.. Incidently, as I was flying here 2 weeks ago, The Order Of The Phoenix was one of the movies they shown on the flight.

Avatar Image says:

I was looking to see if the pre order was up yet for this movie. I was on Wal-Mart’s web site and I see why WB is waiting until Dec. to release here in the states. There are so many releases in Nov. Just about every summer movie is trying to release in Nov. except Potter and Pirates. Piracy is already out in the streets of NY and other big cities. I think this movie was pirated as soon as it came out. I am tempted to get my father who lives in NY to get me a copy. I will still buy the one in December but I want to see it again now :)

Avatar Image says:

In Poland we have this november 23th. What about delated scenes? Can anyone in Chile describe them ? Maybe show them on YouTube?

Avatar Image says:

I don’t understand why the states has to wait so long either. It seems like the WB is punishing us for some reason. Not a nice thing to do at all.

Avatar Image says:

Guys, what’s with the complaining? The link at Harry Latino also shows a glimpse of the disc artwork (I don’t know if it is the second disc), but Chile has also the 2-disc release. Maybe the people who put the captures of the first disc up are going to get captures of the second disc too. You never know…

And what’s with the complaining about not getting it now? I want OOTP to make as much money as it can while it’s still in theaters (at least the second-run theaters), and there are a few online stores who do ship their R1 DVDs early. I’m not saying which one, but I think you all know who it is.

Avatar Image says:

Hello! I’m from Chile and I think this is the first time we make HP news headlines. :O) LOL

As I posted in the Lounge, Blockbuster has the one-disc-edition of HP available ONLY FOR RENTAL. Both the one-disc and the two-disc editions are available for pre-ordering and will be released on November 22nd.

Avatar Image says:

Um… for all you people in the US and UK planning to buy the movie in Chile, you’d have to also buy a chile DVD player with the proper region number unless (well, i dunno cuz i don’t live in Chile, so i really don’t know) the movie’s a region 0 disc or you have a region 0 DVD player. Playing a different number region disc on the region 1(US) DVD player will not play. THis was probably made to help prevent piracy of the actual quality product, bu i really don’t see any point in this given there’s the internet video blogs like you tube… =\

Avatar Image says:

Gosh, December 11 seems ages away…Why do we have to wait so long? It’s Harry Potter for cryin’ out loud, it will still make money whether it’s released in Nov or Dec!!! But an American/UK movie released in other countries before the US or UK even has it? You’re right, piracy WILL go up!

Avatar Image says:

Chillcat is right. However, there are computer programs that can strip this data from the movie and you can then resave the movie and it will play. I have never wanted to do something illegal, but if they don’t reconsider releasing in November rather than December, I may. It’s ridiculous.

Avatar Image says:

Why does everyone want the DVD in November? Sure, the U.S. and the U.K. got POA on DVD in November 2004, but the release date for the OOTP DVD is pretty much locked in right now. Maybe when the WB first announced it, they could’ve had the chance to push it up to November 27 (which at the moment, doesn’t have much competition in terms of new releases). But in all honesty, the rest of November (and December) are packed with new and/or anticipated releases.

I know we all want to get the OOTP DVD as soon as possible, but come on, we can wait. It’ll be here before we know it and I don’t see anyone complaining about the POTC movies should be released on DVD earlier than December. ;-)

Avatar Image says:

UHHH, why do we (the U.S. fans) have to wait so long?! Dec. 11 is really far away! (to me that is, does anyone else agree?)

Avatar Image says:

Why in the heaven’s name are some of you guys WHINING and COMPLAINING so much? Damn it, it’s only few months away. Not few YEARS.

Everything arrives a little late to Finland, so I don’t care. Just as long as I get the DVD:s and the books SOME DAY. Date doesn’t matter at all.

If you’re so sick and tired of waiting, why don’t you go and load the pirate version of OotP from internet? Would you be happy then? ;|

I don’t understand you.