Another Look at Upcoming Harry Potter DVD Box Set and Game

116

Oct 30, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

We have another look for you today at the special box set containing all five of the Harry Potter films on DVD, as well as another look at the new interactive Harry Potter DVD Game. The promotions company that is working with Warner Brothers sent over these photos, including a good look at the cool trunk containing the DVDs including the “Order of the Phoenix “DVD, all refashioned with new labels such as Harry Potter Year One, Year Two etc. You can also see the individual interactive game, here, which WB describes thusly:

“Choose your house and hone your spell-casting and Quidditch skills with challenges inspired by Harry’s time at Hogwarts. Master the tasks, collect the most points for your house and win Quidditch World Cup tickets. Are you ready? Daunting tasks and challenges await, involving moving staircases, the Whooping [sic] Willow, wizard duels and much more.

With the option to compete with up to three other players, and with adjustable levels of difficulty for each individual, fans of all ages and expertise can share the fun, making Hogwarts Challenge the perfect reason for the family to gather round the television this Christmas.”

These items along with the individual DVDs of the Harry Potter films are to be released on November 12 in the UK.(later on December 11 here in the US), and are available for pre-order here in our Cauldron Shop. On a related note, actress Emma Watson updated her website today to indicate the launch for these DVDs (including of course, the release of the “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” DVD) set for November 3 is just for the press, and the event is not open to the public.

10 Responses to Another Look at Upcoming Harry Potter DVD Box Set and Game

Avatar Image says:

oh, SNAP! That is a really cool trunk! Or am I overly excitable? No, it’s just really freakin’ sweet!

Avatar Image says:

Two comments: 1 – Who knows what the “Whooping Willow” is? Hoping this is a typo from copying, not in the actual release from WB! 2 – Trunk looks cool, but the trunk with the full set of 7 hardback books also looked cool, until I saw it in a store the other day and found out it was just cardboard. Sad Panda when I saw that!

Avatar Image says:

Good to see WB is paying attention – my faith in them is TOTALLY restored!

Avatar Image says:

Taking a “leaf” from Sassette’s book: I too, have two comments:Is the trunk going to be “cardboard” (again, I’ve seen the other one) and (WAHHHHH) how come we, here on the “other side of the pond” have to wait a whole month…after the UK has got theirs?? snif (sigh)

Avatar Image says:

That is really cool,i love it. I wonder if they will have new casting annoucements this saturday at the OOTP DVD press release?

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure the Whooping Willow would have given Harry and Ron an easier time than the whomping one.

Avatar Image says:

the game and to new box set look awesome !

Avatar Image says:

Hi Def UK releases of films 1-3 have also been announced for 12th November.

Avatar Image says:

Based on past experience, I’d wait to get any re-released super special editions or DVD games until, oh, about 2011. You know, after Deathly Hallows is out on DVD and they do a ton of extra retrospectives looking back over the books/films with the actors. Same reason I wouldn’t get the Scene It game, they keep releasing a new one for each movie, so why not wait til after DH is added so you have it all?

Avatar Image says:

My sentiments exactly, Ken M. I’ll get the Order of the Phoenix dvd when it comes out, but I can wait for the complete set of the movies. And then I’ll have to think about it—that’s a lot of money for something when I already have most of it.

I learned my lesson after the first LOTR when I bought it right away then later bought the extended version. For the second and third I rented so I could see it and then bought the extended ones—it was worth the wait and saved me a lot of money.

Write a Reply or Comment