French “Deathly Hallows” Sells 1.15 Million Copies in First 48 Hours of Release

115

Oct 30, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Three days ago, we first told you Gallimard, who publish the Harry Potter novels in France, released their edition of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.” News has come today from the publishers that a staggering 1.15 million copies of the book had been sold during the first 48 hours of its release. During that time, the book sold half of its original first printing of 2.3 million, and topped the previous record of 800,000 copies set by the sixth novel, “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.”

Thanks to Pruneau from La Gazette du Sorcier for mailing in.

8 Responses to French “Deathly Hallows” Sells 1.15 Million Copies in First 48 Hours of Release

Avatar Image says:

Wow thats cool, i remember staying at the midnight party where i live, then going home afterwards and reading the whole book. That was an awesome moment of my life. It was also sad cause the Deathly Hallows was really emotional and then that it was the final book of HP. I am so glad Ginny didn’t die cause i wouldnt want Bonnie to have to die in the movie.

Avatar Image says:

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah that midnight party was so awesome, and i had to go cause it was the final book in the series. So i did my duty as an hp fan for going to the midnight party. That was one long emotional wonderful end of the series book. A lot of the things i predicted came true like Harry being a Horcrux, that Snape would die,that Nagini was a Horcrux etc. But Molly Weasley killing Bellatrix was awesome. I loved that part alot, i wish there was more Ginny so there could be more Bonnie in the movie.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah i was number 200 and something, and someone who worked there that was in charge of the HP discussions saw me, then said i was looking for you all over and bumped me up to #7 lucky number 7 huh. I got on the news cause i was dressed as Harry walking by, and a camera guy was there. I then turned the news on the next morning, and there i was walking out of Barnes and Nobles with my HP book. That was pretty awesome.

Avatar Image says:

I am so glad that the books are finaly getting published in other countries I do wish that everyone could get the chance to read the books all over the world and be able to gain the wisdom the books show us.

Avatar Image says:

I wish everyone could get the books all at the same time, so that others in different countries don’t have to worry about it being spoiled for them.

Avatar Image says:

i’m a french people, so i don’t speak very well english but i was in the library when harry potter sevent was arived for the first time in france.(i can’t read it in english because i’m not enough good in english) it was so good. now i’m waiting for the movie !

Avatar Image says:

i bagan reading the french version. Quitte nice.

I like how menard translated george’s “holey joke”. That was not an easy one !

Write a Reply or Comment