Possessing Harry

246

Oct 30, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As we have reported previously, there several very fine companies who produce the special effects seen in the Harry Potter films. One such company, Rising Sun Pictures, has a new feature on their website regarding some of the work they did for “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” including the scene at the end of the film where Voldemort possesses Harry during the battle at the Ministry. The company also has a video highlighting this process online, that details the meticulous work that went into creating this shot for the film. In addition, there is video revealing how they created Hagrid’s hut by computer for a shot of the trio running down a hill outside of Hogwarts. You can see this video viathis link, then click on the part where it says “launch vfx breakdowns”.

Thanks much to rodeoprincess!

10 Responses to Possessing Harry

Avatar Image says:

Do they build a new computerized hut for Hagrid every film? That’s what I want to know.

Avatar Image says:

Hah, I like how this article is called “Possessing Harry.” It made me think for some reason that one of the sepcial effect companies was suing the other.

Avatar Image says:

Wow! I didn’t realize just how much of the exterior scenes were composite! That is too cool. It gives one the opportunity to see just what goes into these films! No wonder they have to do so much “pick and choose”! That stuff is expensive, but well worth it! I’m going to log on, and see if they are doing HBP effects! Tooo Cool!

Avatar Image says:

Next to Imelda Staunton’s performance, the best thing about OOTP movie was the Ministry battle between Voldy and Dumbledore, and the possession sequence. FX ROX!

Avatar Image says:

Wow. I bet there are so many shot in the film that I thought had no visual effects or blue screen that actually have tons! With that running to Hagrid’s shot there is absolutely no reason for anyone to ever think it was a sfx shot, yet it is! It’s looks completely natural! I just figured that when Harry was possessed that they achieved that look using make up.

Avatar Image says:

That shot where they run to Hagrids certainly had me fooled good and proper! Shame Grawp wasn’t as good…

Avatar Image says:

II lovd this scene, I think it’s the best of the series, the special effects, the acting, the way it was filmed… I love it. :)

Avatar Image says:

The first time I saw that running shot I was surprised as it was clearly the same spot as Prisoner of Azkaban, and yet there was never any news about them filming in Scotland. It wasn’t until when Rising Sun first updated their website for Phoenix I found out. There’s also a vfx breakdown for Goblet if people are interested, just use the links down the right hand side.

Avatar Image says:

An Aussie company, and based in Adelaide!! I often have to drive past their premises… almost makes me feel I’m part of the family :-)

Avatar Image says:

These scenes are great and so realistic !

Write a Reply or Comment