Two Harry Potter Actors Take the Top “Hot Scot” Spot

367

Nov 18, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The Scotsman has released their annual list of the most eligible or “hottest” Scots, and topping the list are two actors from the Harry Potter films. Actress Katie Leung who portrays Cho Chang, was ranked at the number one spot on the women’s list, and “has topped the list of Scotland’s most eligible women just three weeks after being named the nation’s most stylish female.” The paper also says that “Leung, from Motherwell, has risen to global fame after beating off 4,000 other hopefuls for the plum role. She says she likes “creatives who think outside the box – not pretty boys who spend too long getting ready.”

The number one spot on the 50 most eligible men in Scotland list was given to actor David Tennant, who portrayed Barty Crouch Jr. in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,” and currently stars in the hit television series “Doctor Who.” The Scotsman says “Tennant, 36, occupies the number one slot despite labeling himself ‘the least sexy man on the planet’”. The entire list of eligibles will not be online until Monday unfortunately, however we will update this post with more when we can.

33 Responses to Two Harry Potter Actors Take the Top “Hot Scot” Spot

Avatar Image says:

Fantastic, Thanks for the link !

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god.. Katie Leung? What happened with Emma, Evanna and Bonnie? Well however she’s cute, but I’m not agree with that choice. Congratulations Katie.

Avatar Image says:

congrats Katie! Shes been getting so much attention lately. i’d like to see the rest of the list though..

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Katie. I wanna see the rest of the list! However evreyday you’re getting better. Godd luck.

@ VanessaPineda…They’re not Scottish, as far as I’m aware :P

Avatar Image says:

Go Katie! I gotta admit, I love this girl.

Avatar Image says:

Woo! Go Katie Leung! I can’t say I agree too much with their choice of David Tennant, but perhaps that’s because he looks exactly like my old algebra teacher. Oh dear.

Avatar Image says:

PEOPLE VOTE FOR EMMA!!!!!!HERE IS THE LINK: http://www.people.com/people/celebrities/0,,,00.html PLEASE VOTE FOR HER SHE IS LOSING AGAINST ASHLEY TISDALE AND SABRINA!!!!!VOTE FOR EMMA!!!EMMA DESERVES IT NOT THEM!!!!!!! and congrats katie _...lol…

THIS IS THE LINK AGAIN:

Avatar Image says:

hmmm I dunno—I definitely prefer emma…

since when is the Scotsman a gossip column?

hottest actress? best dressed?

Avatar Image says:

They’ve used the same judge for both these polls/awards, hence these two top the polls (not that many eligible Scots in entertainment either, plus there aren’t that many people in Scotland compared to other countries).

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations…. but I’m sorry I don’t agree with the choice… I mean she’s pretty and all but she just played Cho Chang… the only thing why she’s famous is because she got to kiss Dan….and thats it! But anyways I guess I’m just a bit mad at Cho s character because I love GINNY!!! Espacially for what it looks like Bonnie and Katie are pretty good friends!!!.... ok I’m talking too much!! Good job Katie! ** HP/GW forever **

Avatar Image says:

Aw, I love David. He’s so modest!

Avatar Image says:

Yay David!!!! He’s so adorable and such a remarkable actor! :)

Avatar Image says:

David Tennant is schmexy and totally deserves that spot

Avatar Image says:

katie leung is SO much cooler than cho change…it’s pretty funny (besides the fictional thing, of course).

Avatar Image says:

Dude, you guys. Emma and Bonnie AREN’T SCOTTISH.

Avatar Image says:

ok people, emma and Ginny are not scots so they cant be the hottest scots loll. im not so concerned with Katie as the first female choice as i am with David Tennant as the first male choice. i’ve met some scots here and there, and seriously David (although a good actor) isnt the ‘hottest’ one. that really must have pissed off alot of scot guys…loll.

congrats Katie! and yes the girls got style!!!

Avatar Image says:

Seriously guys, I LOVE Bonnie and Emma too but this list is for the hottest Scottish people. Katie is Scottish, the other girls are not. Anyway, Katie is sweet and quite pretty so congrats to her.

Avatar Image says:

Yes! I’m a huge fan of David Tennant – he’s the most fantastic actor. And of course a huge congratulations to Katie.

Avatar Image says:

Cool. There must not be too many famous Scottish women if Katie is number one. I mean I love her but the only thing she’s ever done is a very minor role in two harry potter films. There must be other hot scottish women that have more experience in the entertainment industry. But I think Katie is cool and she is pretty stylish, i just don’t think she’s that good of an actor.

Avatar Image says:

woohoo David Tennant is supper sexy so great to see him at the top! Congrats to Katie too she’s a very attractive young woman.

Avatar Image says:

This doesn’t come as a suprise at all, haha. David and Katie are both super hot!

Avatar Image says:

Yay David Tennant! If he’s the least sexy man on earth, then I’m gorgeous and a size zero :P

Avatar Image says:

Congrats to Katie too, because she’s lovely =) I totally think she deserves it, no matter what the others say.

Avatar Image says:

To chime in with others: Emma and Bonnie are not from Scotland. I believe, the list is for celebs, and such, from Scotland???? Anyhow, you go Katie!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations to Katie on this surprising honor.

Avatar Image says:

I LOVE DAVID TENNANT!!! He’s by far the BEST Doctor to ever grace the television screen. As for Katie…meh. No. Not a big fan of her OR Cho. Wish it was Evanna!

Avatar Image says:

This is a list of ‘Eligible’ Scots, so they also have to be single – as well as ‘sexy, successful and sought-after’. It’s just a bit of fun.

Avatar Image says:

CONGRATUALTIONS KATIE AND DAVID!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

David Tennant? He’s just a baby! They should have made Gerard Butler #1! What idiots.

Avatar Image says:

I have to agree with Megan about Gerard Butler…he is one good looking Scot!

Avatar Image says:

Kelly McDonald (in Nanny McPhee) Shirley Henderson (Moaning Myrtle) James McAvoy David Tennant Ewan McGregor Robert Carlisle Robbie Coltrane Billy Connelly

Just a few cool SCOTS men and women.

And may I just remind those of you who haven’t been paying attention in geography classes that Scottish people are not English, and English people are not Scots, but BOTH Scottish and English people are BRITISH (for now).

Write a Reply or Comment