New Behind the Scenes Clip from “Order of the Phoenix” DVD

227

Nov 20, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

For those that registered for the email updates from Warner Bros, you will now find an owl bearing a special sneak preview clip from the “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” DVD. In this clip, which you can watch via this link, you will see a behind the scenes feature on the flight of the Thestrals, showing blue screen work by such actors as Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) and Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), as well as interviews with the team that created these special effects for the fifth Harry Potter movie. Enjoy!

As noted previously, the “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” DVD will be released here in the US and Canada in a few weeks on December 11.

20 Responses to New Behind the Scenes Clip from “Order of the Phoenix” DVD

Avatar Image says:

first?? That’s soooo cool! I havent even watched the clip yet but just hearing about idt makes me even more excited for Dec. 11!! =D I am so psyched I cant wait!! I bet the clip is good too… Evanna Lynch is just absolutely amazing! Best Luna they could’ve choosen.

-HPfreak

Avatar Image says:

YEEEY!!!!!!! FIRST COMMENT:D:D:D…............i’m downloading quicktime cause i just reinstalled my copy of XP Proffesional 2 see it…:D:D

Avatar Image says:

HEY, this wasn’t on the UK version, has anyone else this side of the atlantic noticed this? I never seen this on the DVD, have you?

Avatar Image says:

Yes, this is what I wanted…on the DVD!

Avatar Image says:

I rarely like those sort of things, but this one was cool, to bad there were no interviews with the actors/resses.

John B.

P.S. If you need Quicktime to play this, simply download and install Itunes, Quicktime comes with it.

Avatar Image says:

This is really frustrating! On the German DVD, even though it is the 2-disc-set, there isn´t anything like that! And specials like that are, what make the 2nd DVDs most interesting to watch! On the contrary we see Natalia Tena “whirling” over the various sets but never going into the depths of something that interesting. It would be really unfair if the US-DVD is that different.

Avatar Image says:

this is sooo unfair! this behind the scenes look sooo cool and there’s nothing like this on the UK DVD! :(

Avatar Image says:

now i see why the US is delayed, there are more stuff…....

Avatar Image says:

No no no, this isn’t anything special for the US DVD, it’s the Focus Point featurettes of the HD DVD. There 27 of those featurettes, a list of which was posted on HPFZ a few days ago. Plus there are interviews with the cast, and a feature that lets you create montages from the movie scenes. These are the special features for the HD DVD that are not on the standard 2 disc edition anywhere in the world. Cause WB is forcing consumers to upgrade their DVDs, TVs and all.. It’s a really disgusting strategy in my opinion but that’s what happens with new technology these days. You’re forced to upgrade.

Yay!

Woah…

So what is the point of the 2 disc “Special Edition” if it is lacking in “Special” features?

Is that not the point of a second disc? So that it is full of the amazing special behind the scenes stuff that we all love?

WB wonders why it sucks so much, hmm, DUH BECAUSE YOU MAKE DUMB CHOICES!

The UK DVD extras were TERRIBLE

Avatar Image says:

i got my dvd too and it hasnt anything of these, is really weird…can anyone explain me please!! im from mexico

Avatar Image says:

Well I tried the link, nothing there ??? I bet it has been ” taken down” I do live in the UK an have got the “special edition” which I do feel homouered about ! I was wondering what hadnt been included on the “second disc” but as the link wont work I will have to dream. I must confess to enjoying the dvd much more than the cinema’s version . (Maybe less distraction) I do Hope all you US guys get the disc soon ,it is very unusual for UK to “be first”.

Avatar Image says:

Panic over, I put the address into firefox and “lo and behold” there it was.incidently the clip plays in “quicktime” within your browser, so I gess that was why IE wouldnt play it for me. BTW these scenes arent on my dvd so maybe its best to look at the “link”

Avatar Image says:

Wow why is it coming out so late in the US? In Australia it came out on November 14th! The disc I have does have the Trailing Tonks. The clips must be taken from there. I didn’t see any interviews with the cast though. :(

Avatar Image says:

Well, as someone else said before: there is nothing like that on the German DVD. The extras of the 2nd disk were rather naff. If these specials are only available on HD DVD I wonder what Warner Brothers is supporting. I would have liked something like that on my DVD.

Avatar Image says:

It is a shame that they took all that trouble over making the flight on the Thestrals very realistic, but they forgot that Luna chose to ride side-saddle.

Avatar Image says:

So, this must be one of those features you can only find on the HD/Blue Ray discs. I absolutely hate that studios are doing this now. What about people who have old T.V.s (the color is almost gone from my T.V. it’s so old)? The “Special Edition” is actually the version with the least amount of “Special” features? And come on WB, Yates, and Heyman, you spent two years on each film and can only give us 30 minutes of “making of”? Why not discuss writing the script and why you made the changes you did, hiring a new composer, building the DoM, special effects, stories on set, post production, etc. If anyone wants to see how you put together a “Special Edition” DVD, just pick up the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions. They include about (I’m not exaggerating) 20 hours of bonus material, and after viewing all that you still have to go through all the sketches and stills (more than 1000 of these are included). When we get a DVD like that I’ll be happy. Oh, and one thing HBP needs to have is a commentary. A special effects crew commentary, actors commentary, writer, editor, and director commentary are my helpful suggestions.

Avatar Image says:

Not having seen the movie, it seemed that I did not get people excited or otherwise. But my version is in Blu-Ray so it is clost to like being in the theater.

Sincerely,