“Deathly Hallows” Translation Updates for Sweden, Poland, and Greece

115

Nov 23, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Even more good news today for fans waiting to read “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” in their native languages, as the book has recently been released in Sweden, in addition to a slew of other publication news. First, Tiden Young, who publish the book in Sweden, released their edition on November 21, to many fans who stayed up late at midnight release parties across the country. As we told you previously, this translation contains 783 pages and its cover art can be viewed right here. On a related note, the Norwegian translation of the book is now set to hit store shelves on December 1, 2007.

In addition to this, news has also come from Media Rodzina, who publish the Harry Potter novels in Poland. They have also recently announced that their edition of the seventh Harry Potter novel will be published at midnight on January 26, 2008. Their translated edition, the title of which you can view on their website, was translated by Andrzej Polkowski and is set to contain approximately 800 pages.

Finally, the “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” translation will be released in Greece this coming Saturday, November 24, 2007.

Many thanks to Sarah, Departament Tajemnic, and all who owled!

18 Responses to “Deathly Hallows” Translation Updates for Sweden, Poland, and Greece

How about the Danish one? It was out the 20th and the cover can be viewed here:

Avatar Image says:

um, i’m greek and i got the translation in november 3!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, I am very happy with the Polish title! It really comes as a pleasant surprise because I was sure hallows would be translated to a word similar to “relic” but it’s actually insignia (emblems?) It rolls off the tongue very nicely!

Avatar Image says:

I went to a relase party for the Dödsrelikerna and I can’t even describe how hard it was to hold that book in my hands the first minutes. Even though the story ended with Deathly Hallows, all the books ended with Dödsrelikerna for me. It was with the swedish translation of PS everything begun nine years ago!

Avatar Image says:

The Polish “Insygnia” may sound nice, but they have NOTHING in common with Hallows (unlike “Relikwie”). Very disappoitng choice for me. :(

Avatar Image says:

is Tiden Young a publisher? A group of people? A person? I don’t understand the phrasing.

Avatar Image says:

Vera: Yes, Tiden Young is a publisher.

Felicia: I know! It’s so special about the translation and yet it’s nowhere hear as good as the original, since they always get the jokes wrong and so on. But this time it feels like the swedish translation is so much worse than it usually is. They’ve translated words that are translated one way in previous books, differently this time. So if kids read the previous books and then pick up this one it’s not going to make that much sense to them at times… :(

Avatar Image says:

“Insygnia” are really good with regard to what we learn about the hallows but they give away way too much. Plus, I really, really don’t understand why the release is so late. Come on, other countries have it in November and rather BEFORE Christmas than after…

Avatar Image says:

Oh… We did’nt have a release party here in UmeÃ¥… :/ I’m so jellause in you!! :D

I agree with eriskey, it fells a litle bit “geeky” to read the swedish one, now that i’m so used to read harry potter in english. But it’s still a amazing good book!

Avatar Image says:

Eriskay: Exactly. And wait, you are Eriskay on fefo right? Haha. I used to be DracosSkyddsängel there.

Avatar Image says:

The book has been available in Greece since November 3d and there’s no such thing as a strike going on!!! And of couse there has been a midnight party, at least in Athens… hm…

Avatar Image says:

The Greek book has been released on November 3rd, and as long as I remember correctly, that was the plan since the release of the English edition was anounced.

Avatar Image says:

The Hebrew translation will be out on December 5th..!

Avatar Image says:

I am Greek and i can confirm indeed that the Greek translation was released to all bookstores at November 3rd.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think I’m going to read the Swedish version of this one. I think I read the original one more time…

Avatar Image says:

Sanna: Yes, I’m Eriskay on FeFo. :) Hi! But what do you meen, “used to be”? Have you changed your name or have you stopped going there?

Avatar Image says:

hey,guys…the book has already been released in Greece on november 3rd. I,ve bought it on that day.

Avatar Image says:

Eriskay: Nej, jag kan bara inte logga in mer. Jätte irriterande!

Varje gång jag försöker står det att medlemmen inte finns kvar men när jag försöker skapa en ny så finns tydligen min e-mail registrerad som en användare. suck

Write a Reply or Comment