New Article Online from ‘OotP’ DVD Launch in the UK

115

Nov 07, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

A new article is online from Spanish language network Noticieros Televisa, who was in attendance at the “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” UK DVD launch that took place in London, England this past weekend. The article, a translation of which can be read here thanks to our Order partner DanRadcliffe.com, features quotes from Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), and “Order of the Phoenix” director David Yates on a wide variety of subjects. During the interview, Dan Radcliffe comments briefly on the progress of the “Half-Blood Prince” filming by saying this in regards to fellow actor Rupert Grint’s upcoming on-screen kiss:

“We’re doing really well, although we haven’t got to the filming of the kissing scenes with Ron and Lavender. I’m really excited to see Ron’s first kiss on screen.”

The article goes on to quote Emma Watson, who notes the similarities she shares with her character when commenting on the three week break she received during filming in order to complete her studies by saying: “I’m like Hermione. I’m a geek who likes to go to school and learn.” Rupert Grint also spoke of the impact working with “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” director Alfonso Cuarón had on him, and went on to say of Cuarón: “He was a bit mad, but in a good sense. He was very funny. We got along great.”

Finally, director David Yates made comments on the reactions he witnessed by some fans after Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling’s revelation about the sexuality character of Albus Dumbledore. Yates said:

“I think it’s great that the author revealed the sexuality of Dumbledore, who is a very rich and complex character. In the US it was a huge scandal, but not here in Europe.”

The “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” DVD will be released in the UK next week on November 12th, while readers in North America will be able to pick up their copies on December 11th.

Thanks to DanRadcliffe.com!

9 Responses to New Article Online from ‘OotP’ DVD Launch in the UK

Avatar Image says:

Was it really that big a scandal in the US? I think not. I think there was more of a collective shrug. I think some people would like to think us “close-minded” Americans were shocked, but I think most people didn’t care- at the most, kind of amused by the whole thing.

Avatar Image says:

It was a huge scandal for about a day in the Bible Belt, but I do hate how overseas people often think Bible Belt = America. Not so, thank god, not so.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t know in other countries, but here in Spain Dumbledore’s homosexuality isn’t seen as a bad thing. Here the homosexual marriage is legal. I personally think there’s anything bad in beeing gay or lesbian.

Avatar Image says:

I only think it was a bigger deal here in the US because it was told while Jo was here. The news was in NY to cover Jo’s visit and it just happened that she gave them something to report on. Amy S, I live in the south and I can tell you it was not even a big deal here. I think NY and LA news made it more of a story then any report in the south. Just like you don’t like when people assume Bible Belt=America those of us here in the south don’t like when others assume that living in the Bible Belt=close minded bible thumpers.

Avatar Image says:

As usual, the media here (U.S.) made it a bigger deal than it should have been, imo.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, the news of Dumbledore got about a paragraph in our local paper three days after the fact. And not one person wrote a letter to the editor expressing shock, outrage, or anything else. It was a total nonstory here, and I live in a 7-city metropolitan area in the upper South. The media made it a big deal, but most of America just couldn’t really care less.

I think people in other parts of the world might want to start revising their idea of us in the States as a bunch of close-minded prudes. It’s no longer the case.

Avatar Image says:

in Canada it wasnt even mentioned. i found out about it by going through the JK interviews…:o anyway, on a MORE important note, WHO IS PLAYING LAVENDER PLZZZZ??!!! they were so hyped up about sharing casting decisions with us last time around…what happened this time? they’ve started fimling and we dont even know whos who besides the usual crew.

Avatar Image says:

Hmm … I don’t think the Dumbledore revelation should be called a “scandal” in the US … only a small amount of people made a huge deal about it. It was the media who really made it into a huge thing, especially at the press conference here in Canada, I regret to say.

Avatar Image says:

THANK YOU, michelle, and hpfanatic~ I’m from the “Bible Belt” and I am SO glad that the UK doesn’t lump us all into one basket! It WAS “totally blown out of proportion” to the actual announcement, and unnecessarily “broadcast”. The US Media is famous for that.Columbia South Carolina HP Fan, transplanted from Los Angeles California!

Write a Reply or Comment