Evanna Lynch and Katie Leung Talk “Deathly Hallows” Fates in New Interview

115

Dec 11, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Actresses Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) and Katie Leung (Cho Chang) speak on their characters’ fates, as well as the fates of others, in a new interview from MTV. Appearing at the recent premiere of “The Golden Compass, pictures from which you can see here, Katie Leung relates her hope that her character finds the same future as Evanna’s character does, saying, in part: “I want her to be happy.” On that same subject, Evanna simply says “I can’t do better than that,” when she heard of Luna’s future from author J. K. Rowling.

Evanna went on to say she felt “stoned” upon finishing the seventh book and said most of her theories about what would happen turned out to be “rubbish.” She continues in the interview, going on to note her feelings on a moment involving the character of Severus Snape, which turned out to be important in the final book, but was not included in the “Order of the Phoenix” film. You can read the full interview in this highly spoilerific article on MTV.

22 Responses to Evanna Lynch and Katie Leung Talk “Deathly Hallows” Fates in New Interview

Avatar Image says:

this was a good interview i feel sorry for evanna because i tiink she really had gd plans for the last book but i think she will be a good actress

Avatar Image says:

“Stoned”? Couldn’t she have thought of a better word than that? Ah well… I guess I’m just old.

Avatar Image says:

MrsdMP, im quite old, too, but I think “stoned” is a quite good choice. Many of us felt like that.

Give my love to old Nick!

Avatar Image says:

LOL, stoned. Evanna rocks.

Avatar Image says:

Evanna tends to pick precisely the word she wants, actually. I’d have said much the same thing…DH put me through the wringer.

Avatar Image says:

With that Irish accent, Evanna could have said “stunned” and been misheard… really, it works either way.

Avatar Image says:

Frozen would have been a good word too. Probably in the lines of what she meant. I still can’t believe it’s over. I find myself crying every now and then. Just finished the DVD. was great, but again. they should have put in Snape’s memory with Lily. They really have to sneek it in somehow, in 7. That will be tricky..

Avatar Image says:

“There’s still a slight jealousy there with Ginny to be resolved” ...greeeeeeat. I mean I love Katie, I do. But come ON. Why the hell would you cut the Gaunts but write in more CHO? This is getting stupid!

Avatar Image says:

It’s great that Evanna Lynch mentiones Snape’s story and that she finds it a pity that “Snape’s worst memory wasn’t included in the last film. It is an important part of the storyline and I am very glad this doesn’t get unnoticed by at least one of the actors!!

I really hope they’ll do Snape more justice in the next movies. Thanks, Evanna for pointing this out!!

Avatar Image says:

Just for her Snape comment I’m starting to like Evanna more than any of the trio. Atleast she understands the high importance to sticking with the whole story line just a little piece. Maybe they can redeem themselves somehow with the next 2 films. “Hopefully”

Avatar Image says:

Thank the gods for Evanna! I’m so glad she will be there to annoy the producers to death if they don’t include Snape’s story in the film version of DH!

Avatar Image says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if after the whole hoopla about Snape’s scene, we get the whole thing in full on the DH movie. I mean, even Yates know people were disappointed about not seeing it. It’ll make more sense then and will be far less ‘confusing’ which is why they supposedly didn’t put it in.

And even if he doesn’t know, Evanna should let him know. Go Evanna GO!

Avatar Image says:

“spoilerific” very good :-)

Avatar Image says:

I am absolutely delighted that Evanna is sharing our thoughts on “Snape Worst Memory” :-) – which should never been “snipped” out of OotP! Somehow I get the impression, that except Evanna, the character of Professor Snape is obviously being overlooked by the people in charge – and actors – as is the Snape in the HP books! Sure, it was important to show the relationship between Harry and Sirius – the DA lessons with Harry and some of the Hogwarts students – but unpardonable to ignore what exactly happened in Hogwarts, while Harry’s parents Lily and James went to school there! The only excuse I can find is – the director and producers had no idea, while finishing OotP, that Snape was going to play such an important role in the end! I just hope they will not forbid Evanna from now on to speak out so plainly.

Bravo Evanna – hitting the nail on the head, just as Luna would ;-)

Well said Evanna.

But I return to my previous expressed view that, unlike New Line and Peter Jackson with Lord of The Rings, one must ask do Warner’s and their directors really care enough about the source product and its fans to make the films that they deserve ?

The leaving out of Lilly in Snape’s worst memory was unforgivable -and frankly, betrayed a complete lack of knowledge about the whole Potter world.

And again -I emphasise this -There has never been a single small mention or even rumour about extended DVDs.

Don’t misunderstand me -the films aregood -but they could have been so much better -even if this was restricted to the DVD market.

Avatar Image says:

Bravo Evanna, yes ! An actress who really see the spirit an the logic of the books, and who has something to say about the books in her interview (and not only about herself). It went right to my heart in this very dark period about the process of HP film making…

Avatar Image says:

Well said, Evanna! I feel the same way about Snape’s Worst Memory that I did about.. well..most of, if not all of the deleted plot, which was replaced by weird Remus/Lily blather/ stuff getting hit by the Whomping Willow/not-so-scary floating Dementor cuts in Prisoner of Azakaban, the freaking 20 minute Dragon chase in Goblet of Fire… I don’t mind sort of.. paraphrasing certain plots and adding in fun little stuff, but… the movies have really sort of butchered or ignored some of my favorite plotlines. It’s really a shame, but at least SOME of the cast can appreciate it. The films are visually appealing, yes, but… I don’t know, they always just lack that special something that the books always bring.

Avatar Image says:

still don’t know why Katie’s in HBP. aren’t they supposed to be cutting unnecessary stuff rather than cutting unnecessary stuff to make room for unnecessary people in the movie. how confusing! i guess they deemed that Cho Chang is more important than the Gaunts? wahahahah!

Avatar Image says:

Mio: maybe they cut somebody’s else’s role – for example as someone has mentioned “Katie Bell”. Instead of Katie – they could have Cho Chang receive the parcel with the cursed necklace, from imperiused Rosmerta! I know it is not correct – but it could work! Remember, in the movie version OotP, poor Cho had to play the traitor-when we all know it was Marietta! Quasi as a compensation for the character Cho.

Avatar Image says:

Yea That’s how I felt too. Heh.

Avatar Image says:

To evanna and katie i hope both of you will be success in the future,g

Avatar Image says: so Cool but I loves so it is cool movies lots ok i am nicole...Nice meet to ya...Evanna.

Write a Reply or Comment