Golden Globe Nominations for Harry Potter Cast Members

117

Dec 13, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actors seen in the Harry Potter films received Golden Globe nominations today for their work in a variety of movies. Actor Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) was nominated in the “Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television” category for his performance in “The State Within” miniseries. Jim Broadbent (Professor Slughorn in upcoming “Half-Blood Prince”) was nominated in this same category as well, for his work in “Longford.”

Two other Harry Potter actors received nominations from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association today including Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture-Comedy or Musical for her role in “Sweeney Todd.” Finally Julie Christie was recognized for her role in the film “Away From Her,” in the “Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture-Drama” category.

The Golden Globes will be presented Sunday, January 13, 2008 at The Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles, California, and broadcast on NBC at 8 PM (EST). Congratulations to all who were nominated!

Thanks to all who emailed!

8 Responses to Golden Globe Nominations for Harry Potter Cast Members

Avatar Image says:

OMG sweeney todd i cant wait to c the movie it looks fantastic yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 8 more days lol

congrats 2 all the nomines

Avatar Image says:

Sorry for sending this in without HBC and Julie Christie, Sue—it didn’t occur to me to send it to Leaky until I got to the bottom, saw Jason Isaacs, thought of you, and then remembered how Leaky does cast updates, and by then I had forgotten our lovely actresses at the top of the list.

So excited for Sweeney Todd!

Avatar Image says:

Sweeney Todd was awesome and HBC was awesome in it, even though I wasn’t a fan of her singing voice much :/

Avatar Image says:

Helena looks like she’ll be a great Mrs. Lovett!!

Avatar Image says:

Helena! YAY! I cannot wait to see Sweeney Todd… just a few more days to go… :)

Avatar Image says:

Sweeney Todd looks wonderful, but Jason Isaacs was absolutely fantastic in “The State Within”.

Avatar Image says:

Haha! Its so sad that I missed Jason’s nod. XD

Congrats to him and all the rest, I hope they all get to attend so we can see ‘em, whether they win or not. :D

Avatar Image says:

I hope Jim Broadbent wins – Longford was great!

Write a Reply or Comment